Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A videogame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

boop the snoot posted:

This better be for a late Halloween costume or some poo poo

Talking about dumbest enlisted uniform parts. Marine snco start at E7 like the navy?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Talking about dumbest enlisted uniform parts. Marine snco start at E7 like the navy?

Staff Sergeant (E6) is there SNCO level. Which is why on amphibs the Chief's Mess is also the SSNCO (Senior Staff NCO) for E7 and above. Can't let just anyone in our Club House.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

It's plunkbat.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

who got the armyman cape pics

First thing I thought of when I read "cape".

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
You might not want to leave the discord address open to the entire forums, but it's your call

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If someone comes in to the discord and causes trouble I'll ban and then edit. Until then I'll be a naive human.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Links sent. If anyone was missed or just came along and still wants access to the discord speak out yo

Please.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zeris posted:

You might not want to leave the discord address open to the entire forums, but it's your call

Thats why we have mods and admins yo. Someone acting a shitbird has no way to permanently poo poo it up, their posts can be deleted there and they can be banned.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Yo send me a link to the discord so I can lurk and/or shitpost.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

/

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Links sent. If anyone was missed or just came along and still wants access to the discord speak out yo

Yo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

its like one of the most sold video games of all time

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ded posted:

its like one of the most sold video games of all time

Never really heard of it until today.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

No I'm not

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
log on work email

see six 'thank you for your service!!!1' emails from coworkers even though it's barely 7am on a national holiday

god damnit

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Vasudus posted:

log on work email

see six 'thank you for your service!!!1' emails from coworkers even though it's barely 7am on a national holiday

god damnit

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I hope the weed stores in Denver are running veterans day sales. I'll take free weed over free Applebee's any day.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I hope the weed stores in Denver are running veterans day sales. I'll take free weed over free Applebee's any day.

I’ll take free weed and then free Applebee’s

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Secret satan is up

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

log on work email

god damnit

Most of my coworkers are vets and none of us give a gently caress about veterans day. We did make fun of one dude though because he is specifically taking PTO to go to Golden Corral.

Of all the things to take PTO for :wtc:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boop the snoot posted:

I’ll take free weed and then free Applebee’s

You might be on to something there.

I wonder how many Applebee's there are between here and Denver.

If I was as greedy as my brother is about this poo poo, I'd come home with a backseat full of boxed free meals. I probably won't bother at all with free food again, can't remember the last time I took a free veterans day meal.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 10, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7gkvqTTMU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Vasudus posted:

log on work email

god damnit

Don't. Ever. Work. On. Veteran's. Day. (although the nature of your post suggests you are working remotely, in which this is next gen bullshit)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I kinda feel bad because I go to a smaller, er, niche? college and all the faculty sends me a poo poo ton of emails for veteran events and such. They sent some really desperate sounding emails for a pic of ourself and Military duty/story or whatever.

I’ve never even been in or utilized a vet center. Idk I didn’t really get shot at GWOT style so I feel like all that will surface is my bitterness from my enlistment. I know I’m overthinking it but like most GIP it seems I think we just wanna stay off the radar and do our own thing in peace—while collecting those sweet Disney bux of course

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I haven’t gotten poo poo today for Veterans Day. But I got a bunch of food for my birthday.

And a power drill. Maybe it’s because I’m 30 but it’s the best gift I’ve ever received.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Don't. Ever. Work. On. Veteran's. Day. (although the nature of your post suggests you are working remotely, in which this is next gen bullshit)

I'm working today and tomorrow. I'm catering a gig that's a hefty drive away tomorrow that I didn't really want to do (and i'm charging them out the nose for it) because it's money. :shobon:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

No work at the shipyards.

Bought myself a pair of insulated rain boots with an extra coupon! :toot:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I kinda feel bad because I go to a smaller, er, niche? college and all the faculty sends me a poo poo ton of emails for veteran events and such. They sent some really desperate sounding emails for a pic of ourself and Military duty/story or whatever.

I’ve never even been in or utilized a vet center. Idk I didn’t really get shot at GWOT style so I feel like all that will surface is my bitterness from my enlistment. I know I’m overthinking it but like most GIP it seems I think we just wanna stay off the radar and do our own thing in peace—while collecting those sweet Disney bux of course

My school's vet office is offering me a voucher for a free lunch on campus, valid only on Monday from 11 to 2.

I have one class on Mondays and I'm not structuring my day around a free crappy lunch.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I went for my yearly blood work at the VA on Thursday and that's about all I can handle of being around veterans Jesus loving Christ most of them are terrible human beings.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Several friends at work asked for fun military stories during lunch. I told them two. One about the gloryhole ring at Ramstein OSI busted and the other about the prostitution racket a few airman girls were running at Al Udeid.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Went to Denny's because it's the only place within 45 minutes and gently caress you, it's not bad food once in a while. Also their coffee is pretty good and at least at this one they leave you the hell alone instead of pestering.

cowboy elvis posted:

One about the gloryhole ring at Ramstein

:stare:

The Deid I'm not surprised by, that kind of thing happens every decade or so. AWACS apparently had one at Eskan Village back in the day, which I seriously doubt even had deployment 10s.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 10, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Has anyone seen Mike-0?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

not caring here posted:

I went for my yearly blood work at the VA on Thursday and that's about all I can handle of being around veterans Jesus loving Christ most of them are terrible human beings.

gently caress, I forgot to schedule labs last week.

Last appointment I had, there was a guy walking around all sketchy and jabbering at anything that moved in the mental health waiting area. Dude needs to lay off the tweaking, at least at the VA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

Went to Denny's because it's the only place within 45 minutes and gently caress you, it's not bad food once in a while. Also their coffee is pretty good and at least at this one they leave you the hell alone instead of pestering.

:stare:

The Deid I'm not surprised by, that kind of thing happens every decade or so. AWACS apparently had one at Eskan Village back in the day, which I seriously doubt even had deployment 10s.

That’s the one! I heard it through a few guys who were there at the time.

• Locked thread