Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

The Shortest Path posted:

I went to start playing this again after a long hiatus and found that my account had been compromised and subsequently banned for macroing, along with the throwaway email I used for it being compromised as well.

I got the accounts back under control and changed their passwords and such, and sent a ban appeal, but there was no option for me to enter anything about what happened and I've read a lot of reports that they don't unban compromised accounts.

So basically I'm hosed and have to start from scratch if I wanna play again. Should I bother with new runescape or play OSRS?

OSRS is dumb bullshit that barely has antyhing to do with 2007 runescape with all they've changed, just play new Runescape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

I dropped RS3 for 07 because of the unrelenting cash shop stuff. You will miss out on some storylines (this is not important if you hold down the Space key), but do yourself the favor and roll on OSRS. More people play it and despite all the weird poo poo they've added to it, it's probably the truer experience.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Try 2017scape, if you don't like the graphics or combat, try old school.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Foreskin Problems posted:

I dropped RS3 for 07 because of the unrelenting cash shop stuff. You will miss out on some storylines (this is not important if you hold down the Space key), but do yourself the favor and roll on OSRS. More people play it and despite all the weird poo poo they've added to it, it's probably the truer experience.

Nah, OSRS is garbage and is definitely not even 2007 anymore.

More people "play" OSRS in that it's easier to get away with botting I guess, not sure how that's useful. It's definitely not a truer experience unless you thought bots were the most important aspect of RS.

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Ultimately, both versions are garbage. At least RS3 is pretty

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

RS3 has more QoL stuff, OSRS is more "nostalgic" and generally harder if that's what you're into.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Regardless of what rs3 has over osrs I will never ever play it because it is a cash shop hell hole, while osrs is at least an honest timesink.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
People have been up in arms about the cash shop poo poo recently but I honestly don't get it. Can't you just close the treasure thing window and it doesn't bother you until you log in again? I don't think there's any part of the game gated behind payment, beyond the standard monthly membership.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
If you want to play RS3 just do yourself a favor and play WoW.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tiny Bug Child posted:

People have been up in arms about the cash shop poo poo recently but I honestly don't get it. Can't you just close the treasure thing window and it doesn't bother you until you log in again? I don't think there's any part of the game gated behind payment, beyond the standard monthly membership.

Yeah you just, don't need to buy anything at all. And while I buy things it's all using bonds I get from passive coin collection like doing ports and Slayer tasks, not real money.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

I went to start playing this again after a long hiatus and found that my account had been compromised and subsequently banned for macroing, along with the throwaway email I used for it being compromised as well.

I got the accounts back under control and changed their passwords and such, and sent a ban appeal, but there was no option for me to enter anything about what happened and I've read a lot of reports that they don't unban compromised accounts.

So basically I'm hosed and have to start from scratch if I wanna play again. Should I bother with new runescape or play OSRS?

They did unban mine, and I was in a very similar situation to you.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

subhelios posted:

They did unban mine, and I was in a very similar situation to you.

Are you playing again? Dad abides here

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Professor Oak posted:

And from the ashes of a two year hiatus because his laptop fried its hard drive, Hawt Jon is returning. Ready to make garbage puns, poop in socks, troll pubbies, and generally be a heaping pile of poo poo at the game he's played for 15 years.

Can I have some free stuff?

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

jiggerypokery posted:

Can I have some free stuff?

Sure. Don't run with scissors, and wait 30 minutes after eating before swimming. Advice is stuff right?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

On another note.

Why_i_am_so_fucking_broke.jpg

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Omnikin posted:

Are you playing again? Dad abides here

Sorta off and on. I'd hit a rough patch in life and basically tuned everything out, as it were. Sorry.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

subhelios posted:

Sorta off and on. I'd hit a rough patch in life and basically tuned everything out, as it were. Sorry.

Ain't no thang- I took a break shortly after you. I'll be on sporadically until RSMobile drops. Hope to catch you

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is the mobile app gonna be for OSRS too or just RS3?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Is the mobile app gonna be for OSRS too or just RS3?

No, it doesn't support the worst Runescape version. It supports the second best one.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

There's an OSRS version coming too, I think the RS3 one just seems to have had a beta/alpha test more recently. I believe you can still sign up for the OSRS mobile beta here. The last newspost for OSRS mobile looks like they're working on converting the UI right now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fishmech posted:

No, it doesn't support the worst Runescape version. It supports the second best one.

What the hell is up with your raging hateboner for OSRS? I've been playing it and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted out of an old version of Runescape, whereas the new stuff is loaded with free exp lamps and cash shop poo poo.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

What the hell is up with your raging hateboner for OSRS? I've been playing it and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted out of an old version of Runescape, whereas the new stuff is loaded with free exp lamps and cash shop poo poo.

Fake 07scape loving sucks m8.

Also lol that you think free XP is bad. Again if you want extreme grind git gud and have an RSC enabled account.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

i wish i had an rsc account. thats the version i played most as a kid and the best, truest runescape

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

:q:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fishmech posted:

Fake 07scape loving sucks m8.

But why, though?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
We get it, OSRS suxors, please :wrongful: about RS version tiers.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
WRT mobile, I think OSRS gets mobile first at the end of this year and RS3 early 2018

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Here's some spreadsheets I defer to so I don't have to actually think

Perk boosts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eO0lTYEQAVYY3hnzvGtRaFyugKpQ7Uo7NouVkroSy7M/edit#gid=875437625

Most efficient way to train each skill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17fUsCqH_8sMGHs3lKFBY6t0lsFgfCIeox6nCdBFl5QQ/edit

Best slayer tasks to do for exp and how to do them
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hYNMQ_2QjhebZJsMCXEGDarEekOT1uZiPGx0i26ILps/edit?usp=drive_web

If anyone else has anything handy, let me know.

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 15, 2017

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I swore I had read something where F2P players could repair members items to sell for bonds, but apparently not for me. Had to liquidate a bunch of my slayer tab to make up the cash for a bond.

Someone owes me a Dharok set and I am actually looking forward to collecting that debt

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

I finally managed to make a thing.

I got the undead parts from disassembling a merciless kiteshield (you get 4 parts for a 3.5m shield iirc)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Congratulations to Safetythird for getting 45th place in the Dimension of the Damned finale!
http://services.runescape.com/m=temp-hiscores/ranking?id=1510570900743&page=2&user=safetythird

Don't watch the stream, it was 100% hot garbage.

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 18, 2017

Nausium
Jun 3, 2004

chirp.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Congratulations to Safetythird for getting 45th place in the Dimension of the Damned finale!
http://services.runescape.com/m=temp-hiscores/ranking?id=1510570900743&page=2&user=safetythird

uhh what is this

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Truer words were never spoken.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Apologies for the reddit link, but you'll agree this is a worthy cause.

Optimal revolution bars with thresholds and ultimates for afk slayer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/7c74um/all_program_generated_optimal_revolution_bars/

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Psychedelicatessen posted:

i've never been more ashamed of this forum

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
gently caress me I started playing this game again after a 9 year hiatus. I got a 14 mil cosmetic rest scroll from treasure hunter and used it because I'm the stupidest man alive.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

99 in all skills after nearly 14 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
SOON ME AND SAFETY