Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also there's a midway point between "murder her" and "let her free" called "arrest her," which you'd think their friend the DA would remember, but hey. #feminism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's just bad writing. Give your characters a life outside the screen. Iris still has a job, too, but they forgot that as well.

I haven't kept up with this new season - does she still have that boss who hates the Flash for some reason?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Wheat Loaf posted:

I haven't kept up with this new season - does she still have that boss who hates the Flash for some reason?

He was killed like two season ago.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk posted:

He was killed like two season ago.

I know her first boss was killed by the Reverse-Flash in season one. Her second boss from season two shows up and he's all, "I want pictures! Pictures of the Flash! He's a masked menace!" then he's immediately convinced Flash is on the level by the end of the episode, but then he goes on one date with Iris later on and he hates the Flash again, but then I don't remember anything from him after that. I didn't see most of the back half of season three, though, so maybe he was killed off then?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
What happened to Iris West co-worker and possible friend Linda Park?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Proposition Joe posted:

She got on the bus, dude

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Guy A. Person posted:

She got on the bus, dude

I hope her, Wally, Roy, etc are having fun in Belize.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Proposition Joe posted:

I hope her, Wally, Roy, etc are having fun in Belize.

Is there a running bus list? Can’t forget Barry’s ex... who’s name I forgot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Patty took the train.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

But hey, that's #feminism for you.

Oh wow, all of a sudden it's somehow not feminist to write female characters who only exist in terms of their relationship with a man?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Only women take the bus or train on these shows. Wally's coming back and Roy moved into his own apartment with two sexy ladies. Maybe we'll see him in a few years.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In fairness the guys of Team Flash don't really have lives either. I mean, Cisco's got a family he never talks to and who hates him, a dead brother, and a girlfriend from another universe who visits him at work. Barry has some friends over on Team Arrow or other Earths. Joe did start a relationship at his other job, so that's probably an improvement.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Patty took the train.

Yeah. That was kinda lovely in retrosoect. She used Barry to get revenge on Weather Wizard and satisfy a personal grudge and the was like "later fucko!"

Though the actor got a role on a different show at the time so I can forgive them cutting her storyline off so abruptly.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Proposition Joe posted:

Yeah Linda being written off into non-existence sucks hard. She left because of the Zoom thing, but guy's been dead for two years! You think they'd give her a call and be like "hey you can live in Central City again, no need to be afraid anymore" but. Writers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

In fairness the guys of Team Flash don't really have lives either. I mean, Cisco's got a family he never talks to and who hates him, a dead brother, and a girlfriend from another universe who visits him at work. Barry has some friends over on Team Arrow or other Earths. Joe did start a relationship at his other job, so that's probably an improvement.

Joe probably has loads of friends/acquaintances at the CCPD, but they'd never be allowed to know about his interactions with the Flash and there's no point in having isolated scenes with Joe unless it's relevant to the plot (or he's crooning)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I understand why they wouldn't show people's lives outside of the Flash, and how the writers could forget to give characters lives outside the Flash. Bu the fact that it wasn't until this episode that they bothered establishing the relationship between Kaitlyn and Iris is pretty bad. Like, the scene where Iris admits they aren't friends is basically the scene in Arrested Development where they all realize no one knows where Gob lives.

Four seasons in, the Flash finally passes the Bechdel test. #feminism.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
They really screwed up by not having Barry do one of his slow motion speedforce sequences while drunk, tripping over poo poo and stopping to throw up on the way to catch a bottle about to hit Joe or something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

VictorianQueerLit posted:

They really screwed up by not having Barry do one of his slow motion speedforce sequences while drunk, tripping over poo poo and stopping to throw up on the way to catch a bottle about to hit Joe or something.

They should'e shown him imagining doing it and then fall of drunk after taking a step

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
welp

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/warner-bros-sexual-harassment-andrew-kreisberg-1202612522/

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ugh that's really awful

quote:

A male writer who worked for one of the CW shows Kreisberg has run says, “It was an environment in which women — assistants, writers, executives, directors — were all evaluated based on their bodies, not on their work.”

This male colleague says that he talked to Kreisberg about his behavior a few times, but “it had no impact,” the co-worker says. So the writer came to understand that “sexual harassment and demeaning women was just pervasive there — like white noise in the background,” he says.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Seriously needs to be the new thread title.

I'M THE FLAAASH season 4

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

#feminism

also pretend I said everything FAU said about how what an otherwise enjoyable episode turned out so stupid I couldn't suspend disbelief

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I hope they replace at least one intro monologue with "woo, I'm the Flash!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McDragon posted:

I hope they replace at least one intro monologue with "woo, I'm the Flash!"

My name is Ba—:barf:rry Allen. Oh god, ugh :barf:

And then Iris takes over the intro.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Great, Barry, now that mugger knows you're the Flash

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Oh my god. Gandalf Wells.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Council of Wells is even better than I could've possibly imagined.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

Needs more Wells.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
This is amazing.

Especially Mad Max Borg Wells.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

How did Barry know there was no one in that suit?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The Flash Season 4 - Baby violence solves nothing.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh my god. T-Rex Skeleton.

I did not know I wanted this until now.

Barry just got his poo poo kicked in by an animated T-Rex Skeleton.

"For the love of Jeff Goldbloom, STOP!"

This show is wonderful.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

How did Barry know there was no one in that suit?

Why didn't Barry go after her since it took him like 2 seconds to destroy the suit? Dibny was right.

howe_sam posted:

Cowboy Wells :negative:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
IM DA FLASH!

Seriously, whoever changed the thread title, Good Job!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How are we seeing a presumed villain in a wheelchair and thinking that means anything?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

No Butt Stuff posted:

How are we seeing a presumed villain in a wheelchair and thinking that means anything?

Yeah I didn't get what they were going for at the end there.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe evil DeVoe traveled from the future and that's him before he goes full villain?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So the one at the door is either a disguised version or a past version. Outside odds on an alternate universe version.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He’s in a wheelchair so obviously he’s an evil speedster from the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ralph's jackassery continues to be fantastic. I was hoping we'd get a few return Wellses from last year, but Gandalf Wells more than made up for it, holy poo poo.