Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

looks like one of those bad self defense tapes that were a dime a dozen several years ago

https://youtu.be/EiXUhUGQTTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Someone post that gif of Punk failing to put an arm bar on a stationary Jericho.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Like did anyone watch that before publishing it? I cannot wrap my head around how completely different the first half is from the second. They are two entirely different characters in the same hype video.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I’m assuming that Grimm had leeway, given that ROH is not a corporate entity and also given that I imagine the creative team is a room full of sleeping men

If nothing else it confirms that the dude is a mark for himself and likely not a victim of WWE politics

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

looks like one of those bad self defense tapes that were a dime a dozen several years ago

https://youtu.be/EiXUhUGQTTE

I want a playlist of every bad self defense video. They are the best.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/cordcutterstalk/status/929082716678754304

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think people are being too harsh with that Grimm thing. Clearly its a promo for a kind of dark angry wrestler that just cuts abruptly into a local Tiger Schulmann's commercial.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Assuming it actually has the archives, this might be a must-sub for me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

Assuming it actually has the archives, this might be a must-sub for me

Sad to say that I'm still reluctant to give ROH money for anything involving streaming, since they used to botch their iPPVs so spectacularly to the point that I just gave up on watching them.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wait doesn't the ROH site currently have VOD of all their archived shows?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Wait doesn't the ROH site currently have VOD of all their archived shows?

Currently there’s select shows up to 2013. Less than 25% of the archive.

In 2013, they started posting everything VOD a la carte and then after a year, it goes into the archive for Ringside members.

So if you’re a Ringside member you get a very select amount from the beginning through 2012, then every show from 2013-fall 2016.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

thank god

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The production quality on that Grimm video is just terrible. Even if the idea wasn't trash it would look bad. Lmao at the white belt. Lmao at that dude using an MMA gimmick.

ROH streaming service is good news though

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

schweens posted:

The production quality on that Grimm video is just terrible. Even if the idea wasn't trash it would look bad. Lmao at the white belt. Lmao at that dude using an MMA gimmick.

Literally all it needs to be great is to be Rimon Gracie. Instead he kept the Simon part of his wrestlename and forgot that the part of the wrestlename that mattered was being an old-style wrestler named Gotch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If they can get it together to have either Wrestle Kingdom or New Year's Dash or both, they've got my money.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

If they can get it together to have either Wrestle Kingdom or New Year's Dash or both, they've got my money.

I’d imagine it will be like the NJPW World arrangement where you get whatever matches have the ROH guys in them but that’s it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I’m assuming that Grimm had leeway, given that ROH is not a corporate entity and also given that I imagine the creative team is a room full of sleeping men

If nothing else it confirms that the dude is a mark for himself and likely not a victim of WWE politics

didn't he get fired for having a fight with a chair?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He got dropped by Sin Cara then promptly disappeared for a few months. I can’t remember if he was sighted at the PC or if he was home.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

And demanding a confused referee count a pinfall, from memory.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
he should just post videos where theyre going in an apparent directiont hen suddenly shift to another and he pops up and goes GOTCHA and also he is now called Simon Gotcha

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was the chair at least Japanese?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

He got dropped by Sin Cara then promptly disappeared for a few months. I can’t remember if he was sighted at the PC or if he was home.

Twice.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if SIn Cara's hands are as fast as people make them out to be, he's in the wrong business.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

this is amazing

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he already jobbed twice lol

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I AM COMPLETELY ON BOARD WITH THIS ENTIRE THING. SIMON GRIMM THAT IS.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 14, 2017

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They tried to make him and Josh Woods have an mma style fight in Ft Lauderdale. He got a pop when he came out as he had a mask on and the reveal wasn’t bad. That’s all about what I remembered of his match as everything after it was better.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

he already jobbed twice lol

To whom, and also lol.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

To whom, and also lol.

him and flip gordon lost to THE DAWGS, rhett titus and will ferrara and a 3 way against jon gresham and josh woods

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

To whom, and also lol.

He tagged with Flip Gordon and they lost to Rhett Titus and Will Ferrara in Lakeland. It was terrible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please tell me he took the pin :pray:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Dawgs are really funny live, and therefore, are cool and should win matches

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I want to see Gotch go to TNA next to lose matches

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The ROH Survival of the Fittest field sure is something:
MATT TAVEN vs. CHEESEBURGER
TK O’RYAN vs. FLIP GORDON
“INKSANITY” VINNY MARSEGLIA vs. “THE OCTOPUS” JONATHAN GRESHAM
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ vs. JAY LETHAL
SHANE TAYLOR vs. BEER CITY BRUISER
SILAS YOUNG vs. JOSH WOODS

The winner of this gets a post Cody/Dalton Final Battle title shot. I assume Cody vs Flip will be the direction due to all the stuff on a Being The Elite.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Are they going to push off the Dalton world title reign another yea-what am I saying, this is what ROH is known for

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Finally, the Beer City Bruiser's time is now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Are they going to push off the Dalton world title reign another yea-what am I saying, this is what ROH is known for

protecting their world title? yeah

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Plans changed recently. Cody is retaining at Final Battle.

Means the ROH title match at WrestleKingdom isn't a farce like last year though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

protecting their world title? yeah

Seriously Dalton is cool and all but world champ? Nah.

• Locked thread