Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasonReese
Oct 8, 2004

This is gross misconduct!
Someone is accusing George Takei of drugging and assaulting them. I figured Gary would be the first staff member caught up in this celebrity molestation craze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
George noooooo :negative:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-accused-sexually-assaulting-model-1981-1056698

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MasonReese posted:

Someone is accusing George Takei of drugging and assaulting them. I figured Gary would be the first staff member caught up in this celebrity molestation craze.

They did a prank to Gary long ago with something similar to that, I think.

Also, farewell to George ever coming back. True or not, Howard's already lost his number. Hope it's not true but man, I just can't tell anymore.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I'm the only person left in the country who hasn't sexually assaulted someone.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Also, farewell to George ever coming back. True or not, Howard's already lost his number. Hope it's not true but man, I just can't tell anymore.

George's rep is Julia Buchwald. Oh my.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Is that when he wrote the creepy letter to Howard in all caps practically in crayon saying how he'd be his friend and love him and take care of him and SOMEHOW this made Howard hire him on?

Because NBC wouldn't pay for a limo and he was the cheapest lol lololololololol

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Derp

Viktor fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 11, 2017

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Crotch Bat posted:

They pranked Gary with a girl who claimed they had a one night stand and she had a kid from him

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

The next few days will be telling - in all these other cases there has been a torrent of other accusations. This seems pretty counter to what we know of him. Though having said that remember he grabbed that Jonah dude's dick super aggressively in the studio.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'm reminded of the Sam Simon story where he said that George wasn't asked to come back on The Simpsons because he creeped out one of the interns.

"Actually I'd like to touch"

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

George Takei can be SUPER creepy but that's quite a step from drugging and raping someone...

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Oh my!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't think Takei's future with the show is in question yet. The claim doesn't line up with a lot of other claims of drugging (like Cosby) and right now there is only one person making a 40 year old claim. Even if the story it true, the claim sounds closer to having one too many drinks, sobering up, and changing his mind, at which point Takei backed off. Not that the story isn't true, there is just not enough evidence or a pattern to think Takei really did anything yet.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

When was Takei on the show last?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Dry Oatmeal.....

gently caress

hot water.....

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

NEVER mention that your partner is "behind you". We know that because they are still with you.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

haljordan posted:

When was Takei on the show last?

He was in for one day for Cocktober.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Kelly posted:

The next few days will be telling - in all these other cases there has been a torrent of other accusations. This seems pretty counter to what we know of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJYb0Yom5UQ

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

George Takei has been a creepy weirdo since day 1. How is this surprising to anyone?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

JB50 posted:

George Takei has been a creepy weirdo since day 1. How is this surprising to anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8HMLaqtIz0

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

He's an articulate, lovable creepy weirdo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JB50 posted:

I'm not saying he gets a free pass, but it was semi-illegal to be a great big homo during his youth. It had to feel weird as gently caress to deal with that.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

JB50 posted:

Exactly, George is a total horn dog. He got a free pass because he had to be in a closet for so long. Honestly as long as you're not messing with anyone underage I don't think it's a bid deal. It seemed like it was pretty dangerous to be gay until about 15-20 years ago. Before that you had to worry about someone either arresting you or beating the poo poo out of you for making a move on them. It genuinely was a different time.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Sal truly makes me want to vomit. I'll never be able to understand the fascination with piss that some people have, I just can't. I'm also convinced if you have a decent sexual history you'll run into someone who is into that or wants to try it. I had a girl ask me to do it and I'm normally pretty free sexually but nothing about soaking someone I want to gently caress in my piss gets me hard. She didn't really push it and it never came up again but it was just weird.

Anyway, this is what brought that about. Sal is vile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJn2-x-7CUY

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
They're doing a live show on Thursday this week! How exciting... Wish that would become the new norm

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Caper posted:

They're doing a live show on Thursday this week! How exciting... Wish that would become the new norm

Must be to make up that day Howard took off when he was sick.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

EngineerJoe posted:

Must be to make up that day Howard took off when he was sick.

Definitely. Though Howard is saying it's because he has so much stuff that's been produced that he hasn't gotten to play :rolleyes:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Caper posted:

Definitely. Though Howard is saying it's because he has so much stuff that's been produced that he hasn't gotten to play :rolleyes:

I'd love it if it was 3-4 hours of prank calls.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

They seem to be advertising it that way. It is a catch-up day, so they are going to be playing calls and bits and "interviewing Robin about her singing" with a bunch of new songs. Actually sounds like fun...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

More like 3-4 hours of Howard complaining that he has to be there on Thurs.

Im so exhausted Robin, I work so hard!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Has anyone else claimed anything about George? Because "Young gay man well over drinking age goes to closeted older TV star's house and gets drunk, then nothing happened" isn't really making me hate him yet.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Has anyone else claimed anything about George? Because "Young gay man well over drinking age goes to closeted older TV star's house and gets drunk, then nothing happened" isn't really making me hate him yet.

https://www.avclub.com/the-george-takei-sexual-assault-story-just-keeps-gettin-1820394008

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my.

George, you rascal, you.

:smith:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
DRY OATMEAL

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Oh my.

George, you rascal, you.

:smith:

Just a gay man in the 80's... Let's not get carried away here. He didn't admit to sexually assaulting a passed out man in that clip.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EngineerJoe posted:

Just a gay man in the 80's... Let's not get carried away here. He didn't admit to sexually assaulting a passed out man in that clip.

It was nothing like what Howard started to do to Johnny in the homo room, when Johnny was sleeping. :colbert:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Howard just read another message from George on the air where George indicates when he was on the show everything he said was a "sketch/bit" and that Howard kinda pushed him into saying things like he grabs men, etc.

Howard didn't get pissed but you can tell he seemed disappointed. They still want him on the show apparently.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

drat thats disappointing considering it's complete bullshit. Pure damage control. I'm pretty sure almost every candid thing George said was true.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I can't defend what George may or may not have done, but "Gay Consent" is very different from hetero-normative consent. Gay guys use a lot less words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

George being gay is probably going to save him on this one, that and the fact that nobody else is stepping forward and sort of insinuating a pattern to George's behavior. I tend to agree that George did what he said he did on the show but at this point it's he-said, he-said. If another person steps forward then George probably just needs to retire and hope history will be kind to him, which I think it probably will.

As a total aside, I saw that ETM had 23,000+ tweets when he died. When you think of how long it took him to say something can you imagine how much of his life he spent typing out 23,000+ tweets? His hosed up speech pattern made it so he couldn't even use a speech-to-text thing so it was all typing with those claws.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 14, 2017