Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Is he the oldest poster from r/incels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Peterson aside, if you went through an Arts degree and didn't come out the other end understanding that the entire department is a cum-soaked circlejerk then your brain is probably broken.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

PT6A posted:

He's clearly crafted a valuable persona, and I don't believe for a second he did it purely by accident.

He's a horrible human being for doing what he does, and you could very reasonably argue that, on that basis, he doesn't deserve the money he's earned, but again -- that doesn't make him stupid.

him being stupid would hinge, I think, on whether he actually buys into his own brand of loving nonsense; monetizing this has no bearing on his intelligence.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

just another posted:

Peterson aside, if you went through an Arts degree and didn't come out the other end understanding that the entire department is a cum-soaked circlejerk then your brain is probably broken.

What does this even mean

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

JawKnee posted:

him being stupid would hinge, I think, on whether he actually buys into his own brand of loving nonsense; monetizing this has no bearing on his intelligence.

I would tend to agree. Personally, I don't think he believes his own nonsense, because I have a hard time imagining a person who's dumb enough to hold those opinions and yet smart enough to disseminate and monetize them effectively. I don't think psychics and televangelists believe their own nonsense either.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

What does this even mean

It means I'm bitter about my navel gazing BA and I'm taking it out on the CanPol thread. :colbert:

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

just another posted:

It means I'm bitter about my navel gazing BA and I'm taking it out on the CanPol thread. :colbert:

Bachelor of Journalism just seemed like such a sure money maker in 1999 eh

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Have you considered taking a python code dojo seminar on matplotlib and rebranding yourself as a data journalist

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

cowofwar posted:

Yeah I thought it was an IP treaty. It's just wrapped in jobs jobs jobs labeling for domestic political reasons.

The good news is that the IP provisions have been suspended. They were the big thing that the USA wanted, so now that they're out that aspect got dropped.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The TPP looks a lot better now that the USA isn't forcing IP provisions. Hopefully, we can get it done and the US will be crawling back with the next administrations apology tour.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Given most of TPP's actual contents are wrapped in secrecy, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Call me :tinfoil: but we know partnership is just newspeak for letting the rich get richer while the population gets few if any benefits.

Edit: a fine example being public private partnerships :eng99:

EvidenceBasedQuack fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 11, 2017

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

namaste faggots posted:

Have you considered taking a python code dojo seminar on matplotlib and rebranding yourself as a data journalist

Nah man, get in on the ground floor next year, and join Trudeau's own sharia compliant gay weed doula corps.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

namaste faggots posted:

Yeah I work at Hootsuite, so what

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

just another posted:

Hahaha I actually feel this 100% I still scoff when I think about my friends worrying about getting high enough marks to get in to prestigious MA programs lol

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Peterson with another fantastic take

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/928981541849522176

just another
Oct 16, 2009

thank you esteemed professors today i will be defending my thesis on cryptocurrency hermeneutics

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wow, what an amazing insight, historically speaking sexual assault didn't exist, it's only since the post-modern era undermining the sanctity of marriage that it sprung into existence.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So does the usage of ellipses directory correlate with the extent of crazy?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Yes. The next stage is random capitalization, then italics and bold font weight.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

namaste faggots posted:

Is he the oldest poster from r/incels

lol he's taking the closure really hard

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

You know, I used to think there should be no platform for fascists and their lovely apologists, but now I'm thinking the gallows would suit them nicely

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

A lot of :biotruths: in the replies to that one. Also, one guy asking why "so many Jews" are being accused of sexual assault.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Hey PT6A, with Peterson being a horrible human being, where on that scale do you put Louis CK now?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Hey PT6A, with Peterson being a horrible human being, where on that scale do you put Louis CK now?

It's not really a scale. CK is also a horrible human being, but in a completely different way.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
On the eleventh hour of the eleventh day on the eleventh month, *fart noises*

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

infernal machines posted:

Yes. The next stage is random capitalization, then italics and bold font weight.

I thought I had reached my ceiling but font weight hmm

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Let's all remember the sacrifices our honourable cf have made by taking them at their word whenever they invoke the PTSD card

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

namaste faggots posted:

Let's all remember the sacrifices our honourable cf have made by taking them at their word whenever they invoke the PTSD card
I'll leave a case of Depends at the cenotaph in their honour

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

A reminder Peterson is making something like over a million dollars CAD per year on Patreon from alt-right morons for this stupid poo poo.

All started because Mr.Serious Professor McTenure couldn't handle a comment from a loving second year undergrad that questioned him saying something dumb :allears:

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Don't pass his links around, morons. That's how he gets the word out and makes his money

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm not sure Peterson even believes half the stuff he says anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of it is just feeding the zeitgeist to milk money from the dolts.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It doesn't really matter if he believes it, no matter how cynical or earnest his motivations the harm comes from legitimizing this idiocy by associating it with his academic credentials.

He's a tenured professor, like it or not that gives his ideas weight they wouldn't otherwise have.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Of psychology lmaooooo

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I can only assume that people who put a lot of weight on what professors say, outside their exact area of expertise (or sometimes within it), have never actually dealt with a professor.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it really is stunning how many atheists have just flocked to listen to someone talk about multiple definitions of Truth and christian mysticism hidden behind Jungian theory.

extremely Robust Intellects

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

most of them are Node.js guys too

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

He's a tenured professor, like it or not that gives his ideas weight they wouldn't otherwise have.

As a regular science respecting citizen, that should give his ideas weight right?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
This is u of t we're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Julie Payette should have rolled her eyes at transgender people and not people who think astrology is real, then we could finally be an enlightened nation.