Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/929231754556092417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

oral exam: failed

final grade: pass

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785842546878578688

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

asian cultures really suck about dealing with the holocaust for some reason

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Moore's real problem is the class of voter who can sink him have easy access to the ballot.

It was the GOP's problem in VA.

yep! This is why he's 55% instead of 100%

the entire philosophical base of the GOP is to give tons of money to suburban whites and also make it easier for them to vote than anybody else

the problem we've seen recently is that it seems like suburban whites have figured out that they're actually a bunch of gross rapists who are actually going to be raising taxes on them, if they do anything at all because they're so massively incompetent, and yet in the meantime are asking said suburban whites to hitch their wagon to lunatic RaHoWa rhetoric even though it will cost them money

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Moore being in the senate might actually be more damaging for the GOP than Doug Jones winning.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

yep! This is why he's 55% instead of 100%

the entire philosophical base of the GOP is to give tons of money to suburban whites and also make it easier for them to vote than anybody else

the problem we've seen recently is that it seems like suburban whites have figured out that they're actually a bunch of gross rapists who are actually going to be raising taxes on them, if they do anything at all because they're so massively incompetent, and yet in the meantime are asking said suburban whites to hitch their wagon to lunatic RaHoWa rhetoric even though it will cost them money

eeyup. Voter Suppression is real hard when its your own theoretical base ur trying to suppress

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

suburban, affluent, white women literally just need a single reason to vote for trickle down shitlord conservatism

the current GOP cannot offer them even that

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Schnorkles posted:

Moore being in the senate might actually be more damaging for the GOP than Doug Jones winning.

i think they can vote to expel and him and R governor just appoints luther strange back

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

no country likes dwelling on it's war crimes much

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

If the numbers from VA hold throughout the election in 2018, especially the suburbs, the GOP is an existential amount of a trouble for a couple of years.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Epic High Five posted:

suburban, affluent, white women literally just need a single reason to vote for trickle down shitlord conservatism

prob cuz the gop tax plan is only benefiting the top 0.1% instead of like the top 10%

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

seriously, if moore resigned they could just replace him with jim fuckhead at the last moment and it would still be a lock for R

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

same reason we jest about the Rape of Nanking probably

happened on the other side of the world

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

*narrator voice* 'we will'

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Yinlock posted:

seriously, if moore resigned they could just replace him with jim fuckhead at the last moment and it would still be a lock for R

nate cohn makes a good case that even if luther strange runs a write-in campaign a R win still more likely than a D win

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Yinlock posted:

they understand this, the problem is the law on the ballot rn

they basically need Ivey to move the election back to force him off

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Typo posted:

i think they can vote to expel and him and R governor just appoints luther strange back

this is a fantasic way to utterly destroy the party and also Alabama has a history of voting him right back into office

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

this is a fantasic way to utterly destroy the party and also Alabama has a history of voting him right back into office

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wtf indonesia

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Epic High Five posted:

why would it destroy the party lol does anyone actually care whether moore or strange is in the senate?

wtf are moore primary voters gonna do, vote D?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Basically to make this work, you have to force Moore to willingly step aside

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

honest question wut do you think would hurt moore more

if videotape emerges of him touching a 14 yr old or if videotape emerges of him kneeling during playing of us national anthem

kneeling and it's not even close

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Typo posted:

why would it destroy the party lol does anyone actually care whether moore or strange is in the senate?

You start forcing out hard right senators who have grass roots backing and you're going to turn the warm civil war hot real fast

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lol jesus christ. i wish that just ONCE in my life i could be in a situation that i could be so passive-aggressive, so belittling, so mocking, and yet so righteous. that is the dream friends, is to tear down someone in front of a big group, just hitting em left and right with no mercy, and it's all completely unambiguously right.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Typo posted:

prob cuz the gop tax plan is only benefiting the top 0.1% instead of like the top 10%

yeah but ALL of the GOP tax plans since 1980 have been this, it's just that this time around they aren't even willing to sacrifice a couple % to send out a bribe, so it's p obvious that 99% of the country is getting loving jobbed

Yinlock posted:

Even if it was legally possible, Moore would never resign. Moore is like the avatar of a nightmare scenario for McConnell and I wish I could appreciate it more

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SKULL.GIF posted:

Epic High Five posted:

what epic high five said

i bet you can ask any random person on the street about the rape of nanking and they wouldnt know wtf

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Moore has institutional support. He also has a lot of institutional opposition and he's forcing those two groups into conflict with one another in the GOP.

He's becoming a Strom Thurmond or McCarthy and he's not even elected yet.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

idk I don't think that's really a thing? we don't put up statues of hirohito and dress up like kyokujitsuki kamikaze pilots for edginess

western discourse about nanjing is almost entirely out of ignorance, not irreverence

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Schnorkles posted:

You start forcing out hard right senators who have grass roots backing and you're going to turn the warm civil war hot real fast

does moore personally still have strong backing? or grass roots backing in more than one state?

I mean my assumption is basically that he wins because eh is R in AL not that AL love him personally

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Typo posted:

does moore personally still have strong backing? or grass roots backing in more than one state?

I mean my assumption is basically that he wins because eh is R in AL not that AL love him personally

Moore generally has caught the fancy of the hard right in general.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Yinlock posted:

no country likes dwelling on it's war crimes much

u implying indonesia had a hand in the holocaust?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Typo posted:

nobody in Alabama does but I'd imagine the Senate Republicans would have a very strong opinion on a lockstep establishment man being replaced by the Avatar of the House Freedom Caucus who literally, in this scenario, won two elections in a row for the same office on the platform of saying that almost all Senate Republicans are traitorous cucks, especially McConnell, and should be put to the blade in the name of Talmudic Law

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Agrajag posted:

what epic high five said

i bet you can ask any random person on the street about the rape of nanking and they wouldnt know wtf

my fav moment on this subject is a manga where a modern general is like "might japan commit a war crime, for the first time ever???"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

He'd probably be almost a pariah in the senate, but he'd be incredibly damaging for the senate GOP while enjoying very vocal support from racist fucklords like Steve King.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
ok you guys convinced me, I now as psyched for moore in the us senate as I am for a non-dixiecrat democratic senator from al

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Also Moore, as Epic High Five says, is a total wildcard.

He's not going to swallow leadership's line and will not play ball.

And probably does not give a rat's rear end about committee appointments or fundraising so how do you corral him?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

shiksa posted:

lol jesus christ. i wish that just ONCE in my life i could be in a situation that i could be so passive-aggressive, so belittling, so mocking, and yet so righteous. that is the dream friends, is to tear down someone in front of a big group, just hitting em left and right with no mercy, and it's all completely unambiguously right.

yet still absolutely pointless since shes gonna get rammed through the confirmation

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

my fav moment on this subject is a manga where a modern general is like "might japan commit a war crime, for the first time ever???"

night raid 1931 was hilarious for very much the same reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Typo posted:

ok you guys convinced me, I now as psyched for moore in the us senate as I am for a non-dixiecrat democratic senator from al

as a human being, i want moore in prison.

he would be very useful as a political bludgeon

• Locked thread