Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
They probably already are updated. Will be back in home state in like 4 days and will run them next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
Quick everyone, un-update your fighters!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
where are you bastards

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I've started the next round so fighter updates are now locked.

I may try to run a fight while I'm stuck on an airplane this evening.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
I spent part of the morning looking into ways for dfhack to automate recording match stats, and have come away once again realizing that DF is far too complex for someone who doesn't actually play it.

Someone who does should figure that out so these can be easier to run

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
How long do mole people live? Worried that my fighter will die of old age.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

As de facto Commissioner in Chief, I hereby declare gently caress Rogers as Arena Champion. Thanks for coming, everyone!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So I forgot this existed.

poo poo. Maybe one this afternoon...

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Spermy Smurf posted:

So I forgot this existed.

poo poo. Maybe one this afternoon...

Well?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
THIS GAME SUCKS

>:C

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

verbal enema posted:

THIS GAME SUCKS

>:C

Run a fight then. :argh:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Ok I'm ready for the full tourna-

oh you're still on this one. Commish me again and I'll power through some during the week.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Added Space posted:

oh you're still on this one. Commish me again and I'll power through some during the week.

You have been commished!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Added Space posted:

Incidentally, if you run at least 3 fights this time and then volunteer for the next tournament you will become an admin alongside Spermy and ZeeToo :getin:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What if I run 3 fights and whatever else you said.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

What if we just skip all that and I become Arena Emperor without contest

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Ok, 4-3 with REDACTED as the hero, this should get me in good.

Halfway through writing the post but I'm called away by local politics, will probably finish tomorrow.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 6, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You are officially the worst commissioner ever.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Takes one to know one

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: NEW SITE FEATURE :siren:

The Betting Leaders page now has links to a beta version of the Dorfbucks Audit Log for each player. It's a fully traceable history of where all* of the money went and/or came from, and reconciles to the player's Total Funds amount!

*Audit log not available for prior tournaments, only for current tournament and all future tournaments

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Added Space posted:

Ok, 4-3 with REDACTED as the hero, this should get me in good.

Halfway through writing the post but I'm called away by local politics, will probably finish tomorrow.

Looking forward to reading the writeup! :woop:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
*tink* *tink* *tink* Is this thing on?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Technical difficulties.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Darn, had my money on "Lives in Catalan."

Edit: Looking at the combat log this is a sick fight. An axe lands in the opening exchange, crippling a fighter. A fellow fighter is bit and beheaded before the second shift arrives! 2 Limbs are severed in Ihadtoknow's first 3 attacks! Looks like one of us actually invested in axe skill, based on all these blocks. Also an antwoman wrestles a strangler and holds her own. Limbs flying everywhere now that Werepupper has crawled up to the front. Fourwarned has joined Blingswing in the graveyard. Throw to Meet you and Punching Bag are annoying each other as Werepupper grounds Ihadtoknow. Werepupper bleeds out just as Ihadtoknow resorts to biting. The wrestling between Throw and Punching gets more exciting and possibly decisive. Ihadtoknow is bitten and paralyzed, giving Throw an opening to shake her head off like a dog with a toy! Punching Bag finally gets bit somewhere venom can be injected. But the paralysis doesn't last long enough for any helms or heads to be removed! Throw is all tuckered out! This (eventually) lets Punching Bag go in for a choke-hold. Its all over except for wrestling practice. And thats before an actual commissioner gets into what the other team did.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 3, 2017

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Added Space posted:

Technical difficulties.

I can't really criticize since I was posting one fight every other month towards the end of Tournament 4

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: QUESTION FOR EVERYONE :siren:

It seems that all of your commissioners, including myself, are way too busy with real life and working and earning a living and feeding their families and other such idiotic and trivial bullshit to take care of much more important things... like writing up stories about pseudo-randomly generated virtual fights for the entertainment of our internet friends whom we haven't actually ever met in real life and probably never will.

Would it be okay with everyone if we save the effortposts for the tournament championship or at least the semifinals just to keep things moving?

Let your commissioners know! Please feel free to place a vote ITT, TIA.

A) Keep the thread moving! Summaries for the regular season matches, and effortposts can wait for the playoffs!

B) Effortposts uber alles! I like waiting three months between updates.

Let the thread know and we will respect your decision. :colbert:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
A

I don't want to see this die and hopefully soonish I will have a computer to help commish

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

a

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
a

TBH I don't even look at the screenshots, I just read the write-ups

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
(A)nything that brings more murder

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
But also upload the fight file so we can make some fan posts about how our fighter is clearly the best regardless of the outcome

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It's me

I'm the best

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I assure you my laudatory post was entirely rooted in cold hard facts.
Fact 1: My fighter is the best.
Fact 2: Punching Bag is a close second
Fact 3: I totally forgot your team beat ours in the first round

(All the finished combat logs are on the Arena Website :ssh:)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A.. Summary fights > no fights.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Splode posted:

a

TBH I don't even look at the screenshots, I just read the write-ups

While this is also true of me, the images do help to visually break up the wall of text.

If the posts are more condensed summaries they probably don't need images in the middle.

And yes, post the combat logs so those with a stake in the fight can brag about their fighter's exploits.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

verbal enema posted:

A

I don't want to see this die and hopefully soonish I will have a computer to help commish

verbal enema posted:

But also upload the fight file so we can make some fan posts about how our fighter is clearly the best regardless of the outcome

Seconding this. Summary of death count, kill counts per player if you're feeling really fancy, post a link to the fight file itself. Because...

AJ_Impy posted:

A.. Summary fights > no fights.

I'm voting A, in case it wasn't obvious. :v:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am still alive. Did you guys know it takes a awful lot of work to be 2nd to last in Fantasy Football? I have been poo poo-posting nonstop and I am still losing. But really: I had some stuff come up, but will get back to this eventually. Hopefully soonish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
A, let’s get momentum going again