Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

RatHat posted:

I think most people didn't catch why this gif is amazing: Look at his hands when he catches the ball

He has 2 balls, and he kept the game ball.

my god

e: (to the tune of my girl)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
From the maker of QWOP; Getting Over it with Bennet Foddy is a game built specifically to frustrate and upset its players.

It's a surreal indie platformer with inverted mouse only controls, no save games or checkpoints, where one gently caress up can lead to you falling from any point in the roughly 5 hour long game to the very beginning in seconds.

:getin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqFTJN3v-uY

Slugnoid has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Nov 11, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is not a type of game i like, im getting stressed out just jumping around in that video

looks well done though and i laughed at that guy saying "well i havent hosed up yet" before falling down

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Slugnoid posted:

From the maker of QWOP; Getting Over it with Bennet Foddy is a game built specifically to frustrate and upset its players.

It's a surreal indie platformer with inverted mouse only controls, no save games or checkpoints, where one gently caress up can lead to you falling from any point in the roughly 5 hour long game to the very beginning in seconds.

:getin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqFTJN3v-uY

That's fantastic. I would NEVER play it myself, but I could watch people fail at it all day long (as long as I can watch their expressions)

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
to be honest id probably hate playing that game too, but watching other people play - like that one korean dude at 3:00 is enough

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
i almost died at the korean dude who was so focused that the jump-scare just about gave him a heart attack.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

My favorite thing about that game is that when you fall down and lose quite a bit of progress the narrator will have inspirational quotes or the game will play an old song (probably songs that are so old that the recordings are no longer copyrighted). You can see/hear it in the video, but it might not be entirely obvious.

It's supposed to make you feel better, but usually it just adds insult to injury. Although it was funny when one of the quotes was "Don't hate the player, hate the game" - Ice-T.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 12:55 on Nov 11, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mierenneuker posted:

My favorite thing about that game is that when you fall down and lose quite a bit of progress the narrator will have inspirational quotes or the game will play an old song (probably songs that are so old that the recordings are no longer copyrighted). You can see/hear it in the video, but it might not be entirely obvious.

It's supposed to make you feel better, but usually it just adds insult to injury. Although it was funny when one of the quotes was "Don't hate the player, hate the game" - Ice-T.

lol yeah that is kind of uplifting

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I do like that Bennett Foddy is upfront about his motivations for Getting Over It:

"A game I made
For a certain kind of person

To hurt them."

I got it free in last months humble bundle but I never downloaded it because just watching someone play it pissed me off. I do enjoy Foddy's wry observations throughout the game and you should at least watch a competent let's play of it so you can hear the full screed that he is putting out there.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Huh. I didn't realise he was Australian. I looked the guy up, and it turns out he used to be in the band Cut Copy. That's really cool, to succeed at both making music and making video games!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I want to see the video of the guy beating the game after 15 hours of effort and then having a moment of reflection on his life.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My favorite part of Getting Over It is that a favorite streamer of mine took two days of trying to beat it, and now he can do it in around 20 minutes. It was fun to watch.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
theres a dude who flawlessly ran the 100m in 55 seconds in QWOP.. he probably flies predator drones for the CIA nowadays

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randstare:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I fell on it, I swear!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

want to turn that key

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Good job leaving it in place. If I impaled my foot on a car key, my gut reaction would be to yank it out while screaming like a little girl.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/iL4JLER.gifv

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

majestic

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Don't worry, video is safe to watch. But you can see where it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPp3CKTf-g

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Don't worry, video is safe to watch. But you can see where it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPp3CKTf-g

Ouch :randstare:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Should have focused harder on his ki.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RatHat posted:

I think most people didn't catch why this gif is amazing: Look at his hands when he catches the ball

Look at this tier one operator.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

That kid has more game than entire subreddits.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/tFo99j1.gifv

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
A quick playthrough if anybody is interested like I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlJQyEc0Zbo

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

rear end in a top hat in mention is uber conservative fundamentalist "christian" who admitted to diddling teenage girls, and justifying it through some amazing mental gymnastics

Goober Peas has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Nov 11, 2017

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Goober Peas posted:

rear end in a top hat in mention is uber conservative fundamentalist "christian" who admitted to diddling teenage girls, and justifying it through some amazing mental gymnastics

victim in mention is an aquatic mollusk with stiletto heels and a winning attitude on life

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
you got sex clams
and you got 'em from me

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
This is the key to ignition
I slipped and fell in the kitchen
Now I'm rollin' my body
And I'm cryin' and bitchin'

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

:) "What kind of car do you drive?
:v: "Kia Soul"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

“I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took a car key in the sole"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/NKPZxmL.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pet that dog, lady. :ohdearsass:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Oh, I thought he gave her that other kid's ice cream.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

RatHat posted:

Holy poo poo.

Although where he is, there's a good chance that was his second caught foul of the night and he was just sharing the wealth. :unsmith:

BOOTY-ADE posted:

:) "What kind of car do you drive?
:v: "Kia Soul"

lol

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

a lot to unpack with this one

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/f1STDZX.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

EmmyOk posted:

a lot to unpack with this one

The real schad here is that it's such a lovely moderated thing that this always happens and nothing changes.