Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cowabunga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man people on twitter at ed boon are pissed as gently caress lol they're really salty they didn't get infamous incel misanthrope Rorschach. how much of a miserable nerd do you have to be to get mad at the loving NINJA TURTS

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sub-Zero's like "loving finally!"

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

If they make it so that you only play as Leo and you have to use gear to be the other turtles I swear to god I will burn Ed Boon's twitter to the ground.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Probably their trait will be swap between the four.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

:negative: no Plastic Man :negative:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

GOTHAM, 3 A.M.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wish they would record new lines for the old characters

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Gavok posted:

Wouldn't it be something if they got a Shredder voiceactor to do lines for Sub-Zero vs any Turtle?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

HMS Beagle posted:

If they make it so that you only play as Leo and you have to use gear to be the other turtles I swear to god I will burn Ed Boon's twitter to the ground.

They make a point in the reveal trailer of "always fighting as a team".

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

yo gently caress it, Ed just make this some hosed up Smash Bros already and put Mad Max, Rudy, and Jason in this bitch

TMNT might be the greatest guest character(s) in history

Everything is forgiven and LOL if you think my main will not switch from Grodd to TMNT on release date

For real though, Netherrealm already has all the DC and WB characters on lock, and they've shown they are great at securing other licenses. Make a cool fighter mashup of every cool character all tossing down.

Or wait until Capcom's license is up and lobby Disney to let NRS make Marvel vs. DC

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 11, 2017

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

wish they would record new lines for the old characters
Voice actor strike is over, so they might? I think I recall Phil LaMarr saying something like "golly I wish this strike was over so I can go back and record more Aquaman lines" around release.

And OH MY GOD to that reveal. Injustice 2 is climbing my personal GOTY list even though I'm not usually crazy about fighting games.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 11, 2017

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tonight I dine on turtle soup!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The YouTube video description is really explicit about this pack containing 3 characters, the TMNT are all one character. I'm sure you'll swap between them as the character trait, gating 3 entire movesets behind gear would make no sense. Plus conceptually the hook here is clearly that they fight as a team

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

If their super doesn't involve the Turtle Van in some fashion, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

The YouTube video description is really explicit about this pack containing 3 characters, the TMNT are all one character. I'm sure you'll swap between them as the character trait, gating 3 entire movesets behind gear would make no sense. Plus conceptually the hook here is clearly that they fight as a team

i'm not all that into the turtles as a franchise but drat if that doesn't sound like a real interesting character to play as

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Already anticipating the intro where Starfire offers to get pizza with the turtles

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fighter Pack 3 looks loving awesome

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope the clashes involve all four turtles piling into the screen and arguing about what to say

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Honestly I want to be upset about more guest stars but those guests stars are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so instead I am super pumped, because gently caress yeah. The Ninja Turtles.

How do you even begin to approach gear for them. :psyduck:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am okay with Fighter Pack 3, but I don't understand something, why ask fans what fighters they wanted for DLC and then include basically none of them? What happened to some of our top picks as a community, including Constantine, and Spawn?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I am okay with Fighter Pack 3, but I don't understand something, why ask fans what fighters they wanted for DLC and then include basically none of them? What happened to some of our top picks as a community, including Constantine, and Spawn?

Planning for Injustice 3: Justice Harder

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

codenameFANGIO posted:

Honestly I want to be upset about more guest stars but those guests stars are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so instead I am super pumped, because gently caress yeah. The Ninja Turtles.

Easy, coordinate them with their different incarnations (Mirage Comics, CBS cartoon, etc.)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I said come in! posted:

DC still has to approve stuff like Constantine and might have said no. It's hard to work with marketing machines that own characters, because they always have agendas to push in terms of who can and can't be used for things.

As for Spawn and other 3rd party guys, either they couldn't get the license or DC said no.

Worth noting that all crossover guests in this game have previously crossed over with DC in other media. Hellboy and the TMNT have both met Batman, and recently at that. Makes them an easier sell to DC

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A cross promotion for the upcoming Batman/TMNT II

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

codenameFANGIO posted:

Dude, have you SEEN how many action figure costumes these guys had in the 90's?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Grey Fox posted:

If their super doesn't involve the Turtle Van in some fashion, I'm gonna be disappointed.

You never know. They might use the Blimp.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gavok posted:

Dude, have you SEEN how many action figure costumes these guys had in the 90's?

holy poo poo hope I can play trenchcoat Raphael

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I just saw the TMNT dlc. I have a few questions, I don't own this game but played a lot of the first one.

1. Are there a lot of DLC costumes?
2. Are there any costumes based of Arrow or other CW DC shows? What exactly are the micro transactions in this game?
3. Does the ultimate edition go on sale ever or should I just wait until whenever the complete edition comes out next year?
3. How long is the story mode in this one?
4. About the length of story mode from other Netherrealm games?
5. Does it feel like another animated DC movie?
6. Are Heroes from the normal DCU involved in the story again or is it just Injustice universe versions of them?
7. Do they have the same voices for all the characters as last game?
8. Are the newly announced characters the last round of DLC characters or will there be more?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 11, 2017

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I had to watch this again today just to make sure I hadn't hallucinated anything last night.

I'm still not sure.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Spacebump posted:

I just saw the TMNT dlc. I have a few questions, I don't own this game but played a lot of the first one.

1. Are there a lot of DLC costumes? Yes, but most aren't that interesting, in that they involve one skin that can't be modified and a new voice set. There are some DLC palette swaps that aren't really worth the trouble.
2. Are there any costumes based of Arrow or other CW DC shows? What exactly are the micro transactions in this game? Not really. It has its own funbucks currency that you will earn quite a bit of just by playing. Don't spend it on level-ups. I think you have to buy Darkseid separately.
3. Does the ultimate edition go on sale ever or should I just wait until whenever the complete edition comes out next year? No idea.
3. How long is the story mode in this one? It's not actually that long, but it's solidly done. It retcons a bit of the first one. Superman is no longer a completely tyrannical/insane who wants to straight-up kill anyone expressing doubt in his judgment, and they make out like Wonder Woman is "enabling" him. Harley Quinn is more or less rewritten as a better character.
5. Does it feel like another animated DC movie? No, it's kind of doing its own thing and has a more adult-oriented tone to it. It's the first DC-MK game with next-generation graphics/facial-modeling.
6. Are Heroes from the normal DCU involved in the story again or is it just Injustice universe versions of them? Regular universe Green Arrow is still there, but everyone else went home and stays home.
7. Do they have the same voices for all the characters as last game? No, as mentioned, they do a more Batman Animated Series version of Harley Quinn and some other voices have changed as well (Joker, I think, who is not very important to the story in this one, as he remains semi-dead, and no one likes his Hot Topic design).
[quote]8. Are the newly announced characters the last round of DLC characters or will there be more?
I think this is it?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

1. Are there a lot of DLC costumes?
2. Are there any costumes based of Arrow or other CW DC shows? What exactly are the micro transactions in this game?
3. Does the ultimate edition go on sale ever or should I just wait until whenever the complete edition comes out next year?
3. How long is the story mode in this one?
4. About the length of story mode from other Netherrealm games?
5. Does it feel like another animated DC movie?
6. Are Heroes from the normal DCU involved in the story again or is it just Injustice universe versions of them?
7. Do they have the same voices for all the characters as last game?
8. Are the newly announced characters the last round of DLC characters or will there be more?

1. No
2. No, not much really
3. IDK
3 number 2. 6ish hours
4. IDK
5. Not as good
6. Only Injustice universe unless I forgot some
7. IDK
8. IDK

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah Injustice 2 is strangely lacking in CW-inspired stuff considering they got the actor from Arrow in for DLC in the first one. I guess they're expected to keep their eyes on the prize in terms of being locked in for the Justice League feature film stuff

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I've put myself on a bizarre quest to level every character and it's taking forever, but it's coming along. I am real sick of only A and B characters getting multiverse unlock events though. I don't need more Green Arrow poo poo, thanks. Almost nothing ever comes up for villains. Cheetah still doesn't have a yellow hat yet even after waiting forever to level her.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

"Tonight I dine on turtle soup gazpacho!... C'mon guys, I have a brand to uphold here!"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Small nitpick, green arrow is from yet another alternate universe, not the main dcu

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

The Fool posted:

Small nitpick, green arrow is from yet another alternate universe, not the main dcu

Harley Quinn originated from the Batman Animated Series, not from the comic books. Let's not split hairs here.
:goonsay:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

Harley Quinn originated from the Batman Animated Series, not from the comic books. Let's not split hairs here.
:goonsay:

What? He’s just saying the in-game GA is not the same guy as Injustice 1’s.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'd add that if you're trying to get caught up to speed with the story to jump into Injustice 2, you probably want to make time to read the digital comic. I think it's all been collected by now, so you could probably borrow it from your local library system.

The comic explains a couple of things that the game only hints at, like the "new" Green Arrow and where Black Canary's been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Give me more Shader planets

• Locked thread