Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The christmas event shits infinite dragon fangs at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Endorph posted:

They both appear in the comic Nobu and okita are from, so they probably will someday. Hideyoshi is also referenced some in gudaguda 2, since chacha is there.

are they also anime girls

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ugh its Troika posted:

The christmas event shits infinite dragon fangs at you.
Yeah but I want a 90 Okita for this event noooooooow

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

are they also anime girls

this is hideyoshi

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
he looks like a good friend

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Nate RFB posted:

I probably should have paid more attention to what Okita needed for ascension prior to the event, just in case, but there's no way that wouldn't have jinxed it. Artoria certainly did not need those Halloween dragon fangs comparatively. I'm 8 fangs short and I don't see any reasonable way of hitting that unless I want to spend a ton of apples on Wyvern Island.

I'm in the same boat. Short 5 Dragon Fangs from 3rd Ascending her, but I've already resigned myself to grinding them out in Wyvern Island after the event has ended. Until then my Friends will just have to deal with a 2nd Ascended Okita. My advice is to not worry about it while the event is going on, it already looks like it is going to come down to the wire as to whether you get all the items from the shop or not.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hideyoshi was on one of the English guda comics

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I got 17 dragon fangs from Wyvern Island on Wednesday night for Okita with 2 AP recharges. The droprate is fairly good unless the game decides to poo poo on you and not drop any for like 7 recharges.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

SpaceDrake posted:

This is, in fact, Nobu's Noble Phantasm - it is a recreation of the three thousand guns in three line formation that brought down the Takeda Cavalry. While the near-mythology of it nowadays has the cavalry being straight up mowed down by gunfire, even the most reliable historical accounts paint it as a goddamn massacre, at somewhere between 66%-75% fatalities to the Takeda side.

Oh so that's why it has bonus damage against enemies with the riding skill

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And her bonus damage against Divinity most probably comes when he opposed the Buddhist factions of the time, with the aforementioned massacre at Mt. Hiei being the most infamous incident.

That and he was perfectly willing to discard tradition and the old ways in favour of awesome new stuff - like rifles.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Catching up a bit late, but is there an actual formula as to what grants you bonus points in this event? Got a lucky Okita and figure that's cause to care, so trying to figure out the best win / points ratio to go for. (I mean, really lucky considering she's the only ☆☆☆☆☆ I've pulled outside of rerolls.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Catching up a bit late, but is there an actual formula as to what grants you bonus points in this event? Got a lucky Okita and figure that's cause to care, so trying to figure out the best win / points ratio to go for. (I mean, really lucky considering she's the only ☆☆☆☆☆ I've pulled outside of rerolls.)

Okita +100%
Nobu + 60%
Emiya + 40%
Best Blue Dog, Meduseless, Ushi, Benkei and maybe some others I forgot: +20%
Each Gudao CE + 30%

If you stack everything to max, you can get +520% (2 Okitas, 1 Nobu, 1 Emiya, 2 of the Silvers, and 6 Gudaos)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It should be noted that in all likelihood you're only going to be able to equip four GUDAOs due to the party cost of having that many 5* CEs.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm two cost shy of equipping all 5 even with Benkei. I can only imagine how slow it will be at a lower master level.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In those cases, remember that Mash + 1 Gudao gives a bigger bonus than the +20% bonus Servant without.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Man I need more friends with the chawan boost for the 20 farming... I got two poster girls myself and a lot of people with it and Gudao and the 10 farming one but not that one.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I literally have no five star servants and at this point I refuse to give additional money to bad civilization to try to fix that.

At this point I just don't really roll at all because I'm tired of getting 3 star CEs from my quartz single rolls/summon tickets.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

UchihaHirou posted:

I got 17 dragon fangs from Wyvern Island on Wednesday night for Okita with 2 AP recharges. The droprate is fairly good unless the game decides to poo poo on you and not drop any for like 7 recharges.
Aw gently caress it

Today was an Archer gold XP day sooo

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 11, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe I'll buy out the EXP cards from the store.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Plutonis posted:

Man I need more friends with the chawan boost for the 20 farming... I got two poster girls myself and a lot of people with it and Gudao and the 10 farming one but not that one.
I have some on my Cu/Ushi units if you're OK with taking the % boost hit:

I only have one open slot though so lemme know what your handle is before I approve it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This post
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7c89tg/do_not_rush_earning_guda_guda_honnouji_points_or/

Is saying we all just need to chill because it's only day three of this thing and the 40 APs on the way will have better rewards in every way. Not to mention a lot more points from the 1 AP. If true (and it seems to be) it's probably been mentioned in this very thread as well, but maybe this time it will sink into my head that it'll be alright--you'll get (most of) the things.

Also a handy this handy visual guide of stuff.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 11, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, soon we'll have way higher drop quantities as the 1 gold drops get swapped out for 3-4 and the highest one eventually going up to 10. Of course that's only if you can consistently run the corresponding class 40AP. All my golds are knight/berserker, so the cavalry sets might be tough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I already have 2 skulls and two Gudo's, so I should just farm the 40 ap sabers now?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

I already have 2 skulls and two Gudo's, so I should just farm the 40 ap sabers now?

Assuming you don't care about pages or crystals, it depends whether you'd rather have claws or scales; the drops are pretty much the same between the two 40s otherwise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well my current goal is to get the last skull, which needs the bowls and the 40 ap gives those more reliably.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pro tip: don't start the 40 ap quest before you've had your coffee. Otherwise you might somehow roll into it with That Dog in the front line and then blow your Yew Bow on the (unpoisoned) dragon.

Sure made it pretty eventful though :v:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Hey folks, I'm just starting out in this today, and I figured I'd ask since what's good in these dumb gacha games always changes so rapidly: should I be happy with Chevalier d'Eon as my starter, and is there anything time-sensitive I should try to do soon, or is it going to be a while before I can really worry about timed events?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A timed event literally just started a few days ago and is going throughout most of November, but it's going to be hard to make a huge dent in it if you've just started. Once you've leveled up a bit it might be worth trying a little bit just so you can maybe get the free Nobunaga.

The OP has some servant rankings/analysis, including d'Eon. I haven't used her all that much but she seems like a solid tank once after a bit of investment. It's going to be hard for her to carry a team all on her own with her low attack though.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So it turns out that when you have a birthday, all of your servants get their birthday voiced line added automatically, without having to individually make them your favorite and poke them until they say it, to add to the voice collection. That's nice.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Meldonox posted:

Hey folks, I'm just starting out in this today, and I figured I'd ask since what's good in these dumb gacha games always changes so rapidly: should I be happy with Chevalier d'Eon as my starter, and is there anything time-sensitive I should try to do soon, or is it going to be a while before I can really worry about timed events?

The OP will be an accurate starting guide pretty much forever, actually; the starting servants aren't going to change for at least the next two years.

D'eon's pretty good, but only long-term; she's a tank who only gets her taunt skill at almost maximum level. You can certainly keep her if you like her but the early game will be a bit tough because her damage won't keep up; you'll need some strong 3*s to make up for it.

A two week timed event has just started; it's possible to progress very quickly when you're starting out, so you should have enough time to do at least enough of it to get the free event servant and the items needed to level her. Once you beat Fuyuki you should be able to start doing the 1AP once-per-day quests in it immediately, since they're currently very easy and give good rewards.

edit: Oh, though I forgot you have to get through the main event story before those unlock. That's probably doable with just a very strong support servant?

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 11, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Check the servant guides in the op. 3 and even 2 stars in this game are very good and can get you through the story if you level the decent ones.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Ueeeeh I only have 150k Nobu Points and I just managed to get my second Guda-O CE.
I am beginning to get nervous that I won't clear a million, particularly because my master level is so low that I actually can't equip any more of those CE's.

I'm running Nobu / Emiya / Cu / Medusa / Mephisto / Guda-O x2, so if I can grab a Support Okita then I can hit 300% bonus rate, but I dunno if that will be enough.

Meanwhile I'm still scrambling for the blue bowls to get the second gold skull...

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
300% gets you something like 700,000 points or something by event's end, you should be fine.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Once again, no-one should be worried about Honnoji points. Based on the maths I've seen I'm pretty sure you could start from 0 now with no Okita and no Emiya, buy no CEs and still hit 1.5M by the end of the event.

On the other hand if you don't have multiple of the 5* gatcha CE it seems like 2000 or so Hiragumos will probably be the limit without apples even if you do nothing else, so some people may have to make some hard choices about which of their children get fed.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Mmmm, life is difficult.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I got Tamamo max ascension and just got Vlad his third and only need a few pages (and the levels) for his max so I'm back to being happy with the event and whatever else it gives me is just gravy.

Heck, I just need two bones and I can get another level in Foxes Wedding (for 4 loving million qp)

Now to keep reminding myself not to spend my dwindling strategic apple reserves and just be a little patient.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I already got the stuff I needed to fully ascend Gil, Vlad (thanks to the Chimera dropping some Talons) and Okita, so I'm fine with not getting everything from the store. Getting the mats needed to get Martha and Liz to their fourth ascension would be nice, but it's not that high of a priority. Bit of a dick move that you need a 5* CE from the gacha to fully empty the store without using a lot of apples, but it seems to me like the events in this game are a lot less frustrating if you don't focus too much on getting absolutely everything.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Once again, no-one should be worried about Honnoji points. Based on the maths I've seen I'm pretty sure you could start from 0 now with no Okita and no Emiya, buy no CEs and still hit 1.5M by the end of the event.

On the other hand if you don't have multiple of the 5* gatcha CE it seems like 2000 or so Hiragumos will probably be the limit without apples even if you do nothing else, so some people may have to make some hard choices about which of their children get fed.
Definitely glad folks were talking about taking advantage of Mash's zero cost, gave me the foresight to pull off this:

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 12, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Definitely glad folks were talking about taking advantage of Mash's zero cost, gave me the foresight to pull off this:

What is this bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

What is this bullshit
The power of :10bux:.