Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

:wow: level of stupidity on display. Get hosed Moore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/929345979920322565?s=17

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mezzanine posted:

Dammit, Takei.

If accusations come out for Mark Hamill, lord help me I won't make it through to the new year :smith:

We already know about what Ford did to Fischer and I might be more surprised if Hamill didn't do something stupid while riding high on his newfound star power.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Harrison Ford could be considered, in a way the symbolic start to all this with Carrie Fisher's last book. So yeah, Mark Hamill will be next. with an Ewok

Please let Warwick Davis come out of this clean. :cry:

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Yea this has all been really dis-heartening. I'm just hoping against hope that figures I've always looked up to like Tom Hanks or Mark Hamill aren't actually monsters :(

I know I will take flak for this, but sometimes it is necessary to separate the monster from their art. For example Polanski is a pervert and should be treated as such but goddamn the Pianist is one powerful movie.

You're a real piece of poo poo for downplaying the fact that he drugged and raped a child.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

OK fine a disgusting pedophile but that's not my point (goons are great at this). My point is movies like "Chinatown" and "The Pianist" are so culturally important that we need to separate them from the monsters who made them.

No we don't. gently caress off with this bullshit.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Purity through flame.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Even if Moore wins, the Republicans openly supporting a pedophile is going to be super good for Democrats in all states. This is going to shed voters from the party for a lifetime.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah, why didn't those children (taught not to undermine the authority of adults) come forward at the time?
drat them all.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

How is she in charge of kids?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
All of this is why conservatives want the federal government to go away, for the record. Mafia states and theocracies thrive without any oversight over the local oligarchs who have the opportunity to consolidate power and grind the population under the heel of ignorance, greed and malice.

See also: the elimination of the 17th amendment allowing oligopolies and monopolies to more easily buy out local legislatures and take control over the state apparatus.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah, why didn't those children (taught not to undermine the authority of adults) come forward at the time?
drat them all.
also this happened at a time when you didn't tell people, even your parents, about these things out of shame

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
You know what this is gonna spur? Youth turnout. Large, angry youth turnout. Watch and see.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

regressive isn't just a river in egypt

wait

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
I've mentioned this in the 2017 Elections thread (which after these revelations is getting an extra month of people caring which is pretty great), but right now the national-level Democratic committees are trying out an interesting strategy for investing in elections. (Ignore Al Giordano's editorializing, it's silly.)

https://twitter.com/AlGiordano/status/928358897550839808

They did this in Virginia, and it worked. The good thing about focusing on campaign infrastructure and activating voters and volunteers is that those things stay around and stay active for future elections, and also end up affecting other elections in the same year-- local candidates drew up turnout for statewide officials by double digit percentage points, thanks in part to parallel outreach efforts. As we saw with Jeb! and Hillary, money is good and necessary, and TV ads are probably good and necessary too, but you can easily reach the point of saturation for both when a race is nationalized like this, so using the central party machinery to build infrastructure that state and local parties can continue to use in future is not a bad call. The other interesting thing is that sending organizers and people to train organizers, funding outreach, and building GOTV is that it doesn't trigger the outrage mechanism of opposing voters quite so easily as a full-coverage TV ad blaring about how it was funded by the national Democrats.

I'd be shocked if something similar weren't already quietly ongoing or planned in Alabama, especially with the race suddenly up in the air.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
This is more and more becoming a good versus evil thing. Because the previous generation really forgave a lot of evil like rape and murder. The younger generation just isn't having it and a lot of people are getting rightfully knocked down for it.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Have you noticed that when allegations came out against insert celebrity name, Democrats do not go after accusers, dox them or discredit the accusers but conservatives dox, discredit and attack if it is someone on their side.

Ehhhh....Clinton's camp totally tried to discredit Monica Lewinsky by finding an ex-lover of hers to discredit any testimony.

Here's an article on it: http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/sex-crazed-ex-lover-monica-planned-prez-seduction-teacher-article-1.791263

They tried to portray her as a sex-starved creeper.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I agree that even if Moore wins (as I sadly kind of expect even though I still contributed to Jones) that it's still a win for the Dems as he becomes an extra stinky albatross of the Trump era that is hung around the GOP going into 2018 and onwards.

But the seat is important in and of itself. If won, it gives a viable pathway to a Senate majority, whose importance can't be overstated.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm pretty sure that I've heard TV ads don't measurably change people's votes but getting a person to commit to vote works.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Scout_Finch/status/929378045122764803?s=17

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009
So has anyone else been following Trump's posts on 4chan /pol this past week? It sounds like they are making moves and will be rounding up the pedo ring next week.

The arrests in Saudi Arabia are happening to provide evidence against US politicians and the CIA both involved in illegal activity which will then lead to more arrests and prosecutions in the US. This week about 300 sealed federal indictments were filed across the country. Trump tweeted that the Aramco IPO was approved within hours of the SA arrests starting, Trump is giving them something in exchange for rounding up the pedos.

In China, Trump brought 30 CEOs and worked $250b in deals. They are giving them something in exchange for rounding up the pedos.

Look to Twitter, when President Trump tweets the following you will know it's happening:

quote:

My fellow Americans, the Storm is upon us…….

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

NathanScottPhillips posted:

So has anyone else been following Trump's posts on 4chan /pol this past week? It sounds like they are making moves and will be rounding up the pedo ring next week.

The arrests in Saudi Arabia are happening to provide evidence against US politicians and the CIA both involved in illegal activity which will then lead to more arrests and prosecutions in the US. This week about 300 sealed federal indictments were filed across the country.

Look to Twitter, when President Trump tweets the following you will know it's happening:

Imagine if you were this delusional...

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Cloks posted:

I'm pretty sure that I've heard TV ads don't measurably change people's votes but getting a person to commit to vote works.

In this era I doubt that virtually ANYTHING will actually change someone's votes. I suspect the primary effect of political ads is to reinforce and remind people that there's an election so they remember to go vote for their already chosen candidates.

In the 50s through 80s? Sure. But after a full generation of Fox News in the 90s and aughts? Nope.

So I suspect TV ads still will have a turnout effect but probably VERY little effect to influence a vote. Negative ads are probably designed to depress the turnout of the opponent. Positive ads to turn out your own.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This specimen of human waste should be fired from her job. How can someone like this be in a position of protecting children?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The arrests in Saudi Arabia are happening to provide evidence against US politicians and the CIA both involved in illegal activity which will then lead to more arrests and prosecutions in the US. This week about 300 sealed federal indictments were filed across the country. Trump tweeted that the Aramco IPO was approved within hours of the SA arrests starting, Trump is giving them something in exchange for rounding up the pedos.

In China, Trump brought 30 CEOs and worked $250b in deals. They are giving them something in exchange for rounding up the pedos.

Donald Trump does not post on 4chan.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

While I'm glad sexual assault victims are getting at least some kind of justice for a change I can't help but feel like I'm not fully grasping the big picture here as to why this grenade decided to go off now and what it means

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

source your post

actually, on second thought, don't

Feral Integral posted:

While I'm glad sexual assault victims are getting at least some kind of justice for a change I can't help but feel like I'm not fully grasping the big picture here as to why this grenade decided to go off now and what it means

Probably as simple as "oh hey, the national zeitgeist might be turning against powerful rapists at least for the moment, I can tell my story"

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 11, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Please take your dumb rear end back to /pol/ with this dumb Astroturfing bullshit immediately tia

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

gently caress off, idiot

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Feral Integral posted:

Mostly the result of Weinstein accusers coming forward. More women feel emboldened to speak up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank God Roy Moore is getting arrested.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Can't wait til someone turns your lights off.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is that kyoon come back to warn us?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pakled posted:

If I post here for 10 rubles I’m not surprised if Donald posts on 4chan.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Vladimir Putin posted:

If I post here for 10 rubles I’m not surprised if Donald posts on 4chan.

You couldn't tell if he did.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Pakled posted:

I think they mean “the post where people are talking about his tweets.”

Like hell im going to go to a place were pizza gate is considered real.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Evil Fluffy posted:

We already know about what Ford did to Fischer and I might be more surprised if Hamill didn't do something stupid while riding high on his newfound star power.

For anyone who like me wasn't aware:

quote:

At the time, Fisher is 19, and by her own admission, naïve and agonizingly insecure. So when the crew members briefly stop teasing her (“here’s our little princess without her buns”) and decide to get her drunk, she quickly caves, even though she hates the taste and effects of alcohol. “It makes me stupid, sick, and unconscious really fast,” she admits. “I’ve never actually been drunk—just senseless and inert.” But she wants to fit in. A couple of drinks later, she’s reeling and incoherent, at which point several men surround her and try to hustle her out of the party, “to wherever movie crews take young actresses when they want to establish that the actress belongs to them.”

Then Harrison Ford steps in, in what sounds like a real-life version of a movie scene: “Pardon me,” he tells a crew member who claims Fisher wants to get a little air, “but the lady doesn’t seem to be very aware of what she wants.” An argument breaks out, and Ford yanks Fisher away from the party and into a car — and starts making out with her. He is married and has two kids. He is 14 years older than her.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Please let Warwick Davis come out of this clean. :cry:

You're a real piece of poo poo for downplaying the fact that he drugged and raped a child.

No we don't. gently caress off with this bullshit.

gently caress you dude. gently caress you for putting words in my mouth (defending child rape what the gently caress is wrong with you?)

If we can't as a society find a way to say "This piece of media is extremely culturally important but we need to remember the man behind it is a rapist piece of poo poo" guess what, we won't have much less to celebrate. Movies are more than the one man who made them. There are dozen of writers, actors, screenplay, costume designers, ect involved. They don't deserve to have their work tarnished because the director is a disgusting pedophile. So again, gently caress you.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

spunkshui posted:

I think they mean “the post where people are talking about his tweets.”

Like hell im going to go to a place were pizza gate is considered real.
No, Donald is posting on 4chan himself he posted two pics from Air Force One earlier this week. The reason he tweets with "+++" at the end sometimes is to break CIA bots.

Pizzagate is fake, politicians aren't into little kids psssshhhhhhhhhh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ague Proof posted:

For anyone who like me wasn't aware:

Rich and famous men can pretty much do whatever they want and no one will tell them "stop doing that you're being a piece of poo poo" because everyone around them is scared of losing access to that fame and wealth.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

mcmagic posted:

Rich and famous men can pretty much do whatever they want and no one will tell them "stop doing that you're being a piece of poo poo" because everyone around them is scared of losing access to that fame and wealth.

So what you're saying is, money is a sign of poverty.

Covok
May 27, 2013

No, Donald is posting on 4chan himself he posted two pics from Air Force One earlier this week. The reason he tweets with "+++" at the end sometimes is to break CIA bots.

Pizzagate is fake, politicians aren't into little kids psssshhhhhhhhhh

Low effort troll. Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

I don't think SA is rounding up the pedo ring.

Otherwise you would still be banned.

• Locked thread