Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bedlamdan posted:

What? *google*

Oh no.

OH NO.

yea welcome to the hell zone, kill your heroes, burn all statues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
my only hero is regdar, who has never cast a lustful gaze on man nor woman

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cease to Hope posted:

I'm pretty sure he was giving Milli the side-eye when he was a skull.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Cease to Hope posted:

Redgar only exists because racists can't handle Tordek.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Redgar only exists because racists can't handle Tordek.

i don't see what this has to do with his honorable celibacy

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
At least we still have Vincent and Meguey Baker. Surely they are as pure and good as they seem - right? Right?

Don't you disappoint me, Bakers, I swear to god.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Cease to Hope posted:

my only hero is rexxar, who has never cast a lustful gaze on man nor woman because he loves his animals too much

Agreed.

I posted this on RPGnet but I really think a lot of people would benefit from reading Boz Tchjullian's GRACE reports. He's Billy Graham's grandson and runs an org that investigates Christian organizations handling of sexual abuse cases and recommends ways to fix them. GRACE, as an organization, will not do an investigation unless the organization that is bringing them in agrees to make the report public, so there is a ridiculous amount of "Here is what went wrong:" "Here are best practices:" "Here are steps that are useful if you are honestly trying to make amends:" etc.

The details are specific but the recommendations and discussions about how different ways of handling abuse can encourage a culture of abuse ("Why won't people accept this person's apology" attitude being a key factor for attracting sexual abusers, for instance) are hella widely applicable.

(The statue thing w/ Bob Jones U took balls.)

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Here's something that happened after Green Ronin's double-take apologies and CAS' cheap Tingle-knockoff fanfic about himself"""apology""":

Nah, seriously, ffffffuck Green Ronin. Sorry anyone chill who works for them; I hope you get out soon.

PS Don't forget Mark Reign:sun:Hagen is here too:

PPS There's some dude named "Jeremy Maddux" who apparently runs a horror podcast called the Quiet Place, who had this to say: "Apologizing only emboldens the troublemakers." So maybe don't listen to his podcast.

EDIT: lol Rose Mcgowan is in CAS' comments calling him out on this poo poo. Amazing.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 11, 2017

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
To be fair, "how much would it cost to get you to dye your pussy blue" is my go to introduction for everyone, in both casual and professional settings.

It also works as a farewell. Really, its more or less just "Aloha", but referencing vaginas.

Desiden fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 11, 2017

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Jeremy Maddux is an alt right turd

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

quote:

But (whether we're dealing with kickstarter, harassment, or anything else) you can't take the leap from what Bob did to what kind of person Bob is or what Bob intends. 

Back a bit, but I this looks like the root of their rules problem. Rule 4 states that you can't interpret your observations.

You watched me enjoy playing golf on several occasions, but eat a ban if you call me a golfer. (Excerpt harassment instead of golf.)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

That Old Tree posted:

Nah, seriously, ffffffuck Green Ronin. Sorry anyone chill who works for them; I hope you get out soon.
Nicole Lindroos, setting what's left of her (and her company's) credibility on fire, and then pouring JP-7 on that fire. Wow.

Guys, I'm beginning to think their most recent corporate statements that "We absolutely believe victims. Full stop. We always have, and we always will" and "Green Ronin remains committed to diversity, safety, and respect for all" may not be entirely on the level :ohdear:

e: Lindroos, continuing to dig her company's burial plot

"We absolutely believe victims. Full stop. We always have, and we always will"

FMguru fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 11, 2017

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Feels more like there's someone in GR who know what the gently caress they're doing, but Lindroos will absolutely not stop digging her hole.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm a devout Catholic and my Heroes are voluntary celibates like Saint Augustine, Saint Francis and Jesus so I have no problems with them unlike the freaks from Hollyweird

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

FMguru posted:

Nicole Lindroos, setting what's left of her (and her company's) credibility on fire, and then pouring JP-7 on that fire. Wow.

Guys, I'm beginning to think their most recent corporate statements that "We absolutely believe victims. Full stop. We always have, and we always will" and "Green Ronin remains committed to diversity, safety, and respect for all" may not be entirely on the level :ohdear:

e: Lindroos, continuing to dig her company's burial plot

"We absolutely believe victims. Full stop. We always have, and we always will"

Clearly we all need to think of the real victim here, Nicole Lindroos.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

keep digging that god drat hole, gr

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Oh sure, you'll believe the women who were abused, but not the women who protect and shelter their abusers?

Hypocrisy much?!?!

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Clearly we all need to think of the real victim here, Nicole Lindroos.

Where's that from?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Desiden posted:

To be fair, "how much would it cost to get you to dye your pussy blue" is my go to introduction for everyone, in both casual and professional settings.

It also works as a farewell. Really, its more or less just "Aloha", but referencing vaginas.

I can't believe "how much would it cost to get you to dye your pussy blue" replaced "goodbye"

ravenkult posted:

Feels more like there's someone in GR who know what the gently caress they're doing, but Lindroos will absolutely not stop digging her hole.

Of course not, that would involve admitting she was wrong and not a perfect progressive ally. Nothing would destroy her reputation more completely.... except what she's doing right now.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Free advice to any of you who ever find yourself in that situation: shut the gently caress up.

Go ahead and type your angry rant, then don't hit post. Just delete it or stick it in a word doc instead.

Just say "We are investigating and are in contact with the victims. You'll hear from us soon."

Then say "We have taken him off of his projects and won't work with him again."

Don't say anything else at all! Why would you? "Oh, that's technically not harassment because it wasn't another employee but just a girl outside of work"? "You were also coming on to him and were pursuing him"? Don't say that! Why would you bring it up? You KNOW that saying poo poo like that will get you destroyed on twitter no matter how "technically correct" you might be. Just shut up and make your decision and then shut up again!

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Jimbozig posted:

Free advice to any of you who ever find yourself in that situation: shut the gently caress up.

Go ahead and type your angry rant, then don't hit post. Just delete it or stick it in a word doc instead.

Just say "We are investigating and are in contact with the victims. You'll hear from us soon."

Don't say anything else at all! Why would you? "Oh, that's technically not harassment because it wasn't another employee but just a girl outside of work"? "You were also coming on to him and were pursuing him"? Don't say that! Why would you bring it up? You KNOW that saying poo poo like that will get you destroyed on twitter no matter how "technically correct" you might be. Just shut up and make your decision and then shut up again!

This.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/prisonculture/status/929380686590394368

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I'm a devout Catholic and my Heroes are voluntary celibates like Saint Augustine, Saint Francis and Jesus so I have no problems with them unlike the freaks from Hollyweird

Saint Augustine had a bastard child and a couple concubines while he was engaged to a 10-year-old girl.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ravenkult posted:

Where's that from?

David Hill's Facebook.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

homullus posted:

Saint Augustine had a bastard child and a couple concubines while he was engaged to a 10-year-old girl.

Saint Sebastian then! He seems like a nice straight guy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Plutonis posted:

Saint Sebastian then! He seems like a nice straight guy.

saint of both soldiers and athletes? Problematic

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

The whole thing from GR (and from Lindroos specifically) really feels like a "how dare you not accept my progressive bonafides! My authority on these matters should be considered unimpeachable!" which is not a great look, to put it mildly.

Jimbozig posted:

Yeah, it's not like this is even hard. On the other hand, this has apparently been going on since April, so I'm guessing that the opportunity to do this was long since passed. They've been circling the wagons for a while now, and I'm guessing certain parties within the company are very put-out with the idea that the tactic didn't work/continue working.

Falstaff fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 11, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It seems like the only thing anyone at GR has shown any kind of genuine remorse over is that Lindroos had her vacation interrupted.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kurieg posted:

It seems like the only thing anyone at GR has shown any kind of genuine remorse over is that Lindroos had her vacation interrupted.

her BIRTHDAY vacation, have a heart, man!

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

:thunk:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Oh man are we ever gonna feel like total fools when that Timeline That Explains Everything gets posted. I can't wait.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
A week ago if you'd told me that I was going to get to watch the implosion of Green Ronin in realtime as Nicole Lindroos melted down over social media I probably wouldn't have wanted to believe you, but I guess we really do live in the shittiest possible timeline.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Truly, I will feel ashamed of my words & deeds.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Regardless of what someone's done, telling them to kill themselves is despicable and awful.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Good Christ.

We're seeing a lot of these cases come to light, and people involved on a professional level with the accused have been handling that different ways, and the only reason this isn't the worst possible way to handle it is because of the Roy Moore thing.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Peas and Rice posted:

Regardless of what someone's done, telling them to kill themselves is despicable and awful.

And yet I don't doubt that it's happened because this is the internet.

Not like that's a defense of her lovely, lovely behavior, but that's cool it's already being used as one.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Darwinism posted:

Not like that's a defense of her lovely, lovely behavior, but that's cool it's already being used as one.
This whole situation is a depressing loving mess.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Darwinism posted:

It's not a defense at all, but following lovely with lovely is... well... lovely.

This particular point is a personal one with me so I may just recuse myself from this part of the convo. :(

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

FMguru posted:

Oh man are we ever gonna feel like total fools when that Timeline That Explains Everything gets posted. I can't wait.

GR: "Well it took us a couple months, but we've finally finished the time line.
14 billion years ago..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I wonder if the person who wrote this thinks that "literally trying to drive her to suicide" means "Disagreeing with her and not immediately acquiescing to her because she is the ultimate authority on this issue and also a WOMAN."

• Locked thread