Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
welp
https://twitter.com/moryan/status/929197490204823552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Run Barry run

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's funny how a bunch of these are "mere" harassment and predatory behavior while Polanski can literally rape a kid and get away with it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

It's funny how a bunch of these are "mere" harassment and predatory behavior while Polanski can literally rape a kid and get away with it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

loving Christ, today a record's gonna be broken for number of famous people getting outed as sex predators.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mu Zeta posted:

i mean, at least Polanski got run out of the country. Woody Allen is still sitting pretty in a nice apartment in New York City right now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This was a tough read. I really like Anthony Edwards and him having to go through this as a child is just revolting.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/anthony-edwards-sexual-molestation-gary-goddard-1202205839/

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

X-O posted:

This was a tough read. I really like Anthony Edwards and him having to go through this as a child is just revolting.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/anthony-edwards-sexual-molestation-gary-goddard-1202205839/

a little more info on the guy he is accusing, because he's kind of a weird guy and has a very important connection to a "bigger fish" so to speak

Goddard is the director of, no poo poo, the 1987 Masters of the Universe live action movie, as well as a very well-renowned theme park ride designer (including multiple rides at Universal Studios across the world) and a broadway producer who worked with Bryan Singer on a project called Broadway 4D, which was supposed to be a massive budget broadway revue filmed in super high definition and played in an actual former broadway theater in Times Square. The project fell apart a few years ago.

Goddard and Singer both had sexual abuse charges filed against them in 2014 that were ultimately withdrawn, but his name pops up alongside Singer's quite a bit when talk turns to sexual abuse of young men in Hollywood. It's likely if anything actually happens to him, Singer won't be far behind.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

loving Christ, today a record's gonna be broken for number of famous people getting outed as sex predators.

Well now I want to know what the old record was.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Well now I want to know what the old record was.

Yesterday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slamhound posted:

Yesterday.

I said WHAT not WHEN.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Andrew Kreisberg, you have failed this city

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Woah I’d never looked at his IMDB page, he’s been on the writing staff for three of my favorite TV shows (Justice League, Fringe, and Boston Legal), not to mention his role in creating/producing Arrow and The Flash.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

lelandjs posted:

Woah I’d never looked at his IMDB page, he’s been on the writing staff for three of my favorite TV shows (Justice League, Fringe, and Boston Legal), not to mention his role in creating/producing Arrow and The Flash.

And John Barrowman has a habit of doing inappropriate things just because he thinks they're cheeky

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Guy Mann posted:

He pioneered selling content directly to consumers via the Internet (which made him a ton of money selling him and his friends' standup specials and then subsequently lost it all self-financing Horace and Pete and then releasing it zero fanfare or advertising)

Louis CK posted:

A lot of you might remember that about two years ago, I created a series called Horace and Pete (still available at louisck.net). I paid for that show myself. When I did it, I told myself that I was parting with the money forever. It wasn’t an investment. It was a 4.5 million dollar grant to the "Make whatever the gently caress I want" Foundation.

By that approach, I was able to make and roll out the show exactly the way I saw it, the way I wanted the audience (you) to see it, without any concern for commerce or profit.

In the end, the show made all the money back and more (with zero advertising) through website sales, and through licensing it to HULU, I was able to actually make a sizable profit for me and the actors and some of the crew, who own a piece of the show. That was a pretty good result.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The one net positive thing out of the George Takei thing is less sharing of his lovely social media posts.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

"a sizable profit for me and the actors and some of the crew"

Why not all of the crew? Why only some? Seems like an odd statement to make

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Maybe some people wanted to get paid up front and others wanted points. Who knows.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So I started watching the Good Wife again because I couldn't find anything else I could "watch" without actually looking at it, and John Glover showed up. The show is now 70% better, at least until we get to another episode without John Glover in it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sinteres posted:

Maybe some people wanted to get paid up front and others wanted points. Who knows.

I think that's it. Like, the person who did hair and makeup probably just took a flat fee, for example.

Everyone pulling CK's stuff from streaming makes sense from a "we don't want to give him money" and "we want to have a good public image" standpoint but other people make money from those, not just CK, and all it does is tell me "we're okay with you pirating them now"

precision fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 12, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress are people so "out of shows" that they're watching The Good Wife?

edit: ^ Can't there also be union and non-union (or guild or whatever) crew? They would have different options, right?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

edit: ^ Can't there also be union and non-union (or guild or whatever) crew? They would have different options, right?

Yeah, and I can't imagine that random extras that have like one or two small parts in the show would get residuals.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Snak posted:

How the gently caress are people so "out of shows" that they're watching The Good Wife?

The Good Wife is a great show dude

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Trying to watch the last episode of the Office and was wondering if the show is running episodes out of order because of Daryl' s presence at athlead and yet afterward he's still in the office unless there's a reason for him to be back at the office that I missed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lurdiak posted:

So I started watching the Good Wife again because I couldn't find anything else I could "watch" without actually looking at it, and John Glover showed up. The show is now 70% better, at least until we get to another episode without John Glover in it.

I thought you meant John Noble. He's great on the show. Who the gently caress is John Glover.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought you meant John Noble. He's great on the show. Who the gently caress is John Glover.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001278/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I guarantee you've seen him in something before.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The season finale of Nathan For You deserves to be nominated for Best Documentary at the Oscars

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

The season finale of Nathan For You deserves to be nominated for Best Documentary at the Oscars
I'm still curious what happened with him after the credits rolled!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HorseRenoir posted:

considering it's 90 minutes long i legit think they should show it in theaters

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

considering it's 90 minutes long i legit think they should show it in theaters

My thoughts on WIl Wheaton and his smuggo face are on official record.

TIFU: I just bought Ready Player One on Audible, Wil's dulcet tones will be reading to me for the next 15 hours.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Rocksicles posted:

TIFU: I just bought Ready Player One on Audible, Wil's dulcet tones will be reading to me for the next 15 hours.

Jesus Christ, why would you do that to yourself? Ready Player One is already garbage.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

But it references geek pop culture stuff so it's good

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

But it references geek pop culture stuff so it's good

A good enough rationalization to get Spielberg on the film adaptation :jackbud:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Rocksicles posted:

Reported you for suicidal ideation.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Is Hell on Wheels any good? I feel like I never hear anything about it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hakkesshu posted:

Is Hell on Wheels any good? I feel like I never hear anything about it

Yeah it actually is. First season is a slow starter but it has some great characters and season 2 improves on it a lot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNM5mFQ9siI

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Who the gently caress is John Glover.

This is a wrong take to have

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, the Cartoon Network app is pretty stupid. Watching the new episodes of SU on it and for some reason instead of playing the next episode once you get done it defaults to the previous episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New season of Lady Dynamite came out a couple of days ago! It’s not as good as the first but still wonderfully batshit.

• Locked thread