Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
The dark lords have granted my wish for a Yohane plus DOG episode next week

This ep was nice though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
THIS EP WAS SO GOOD

https://twitter.com/six_kureyon10/status/924237352523808768

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Of course Hanamaru has a goddamn abacus

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Ok that was definitely the most enjoyable/funniest episode from either season by an entire order of magnitude.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm glad yohane-sama gets mocked by ruby and zura at every opportunity.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

:allears:

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Mocking Yohane has really helped Ruby come out of her shell.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

That's true friendship right there.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Looks like Dia really is all Arisha all the time.

Also, that goddamn dolphin. What was Mari's line there? "Smells boom boom poo poo fiyaaaa!" or something to that effect? Glorious Engrish strikes again.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

GhostStalker posted:

Looks like Dia really is all Arisha all the time.

Also, that goddamn dolphin. What was Mari's line there? "Smells boom boom poo poo fiyaaaa!" or something to that effect? Glorious Engrish strikes again.

I think it's 'shoot fire' like she was saying to You during the "i'm so jealous that chika-chi wants to be with riko now" episode last season.

Also it feels like they're ramping up how much Engrish Mari gets in and I enjoy it a good deal.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Kanan and Mari as scheming brats is the greatest thing

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/SmokingIsSad/status/926878612715966466

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Mirai janai zura...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Synchronized depression was great.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm glad the show came correct and made every episode a Yohane episode.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The dog that Riko draws is actually one of her VA's "masterpieces." She was asked to draw a cat. Then asked to draw a dog. They ended up looking exactly the same. So it was suggested to draw eyebrows on the cat/dog to distinguish it, but that just made it look weirder. Then a circle was added around the mouth and nose to give it a snout and ta-da, cat transformed into doggo.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Yoshiko's attempt to connect with the doggy was a little heartbreaking in the same way as some scenes from Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm behind but the Dia episode was massively cute

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Dia-chan

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

PROTECT.

THAT.

SMILE.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
the Dia ep was SO good

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

It really, REALLY was. I was smiling like an idiot the whole time.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Dexanth posted:

I was at the Columbus one yesterday. It was enjoyably hype, Sweet Potato Ghost is adorable, and once I fell asleep it was just wonderfully restful because everything is pleasantly sore from hours of lightstick waving and standing nearly the entire time.

Now to wait for next summer.

Where do you learn when these take place? If I had known I woulda checked it out haha. Also that Dia ep was great~

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
I've got three new translations for you today, so have fun:

Eli Ayase's School Idol Diary: I'm not sure if there's a more appropriate place to put it, but anyway I translated this book.

Intermission Dramas from the Happy Party Train Tour in Saitama: Ruby has a hard life

Chapter 14A of the Sunshine manga: I really just wanted to translate the pages of Ruby gushing over Yoshiko but then I realized that was nearly the entire chapter so I might as well finish it. Oops. Most of the other chapters aren't translated either but don't worry about it because this one's cute.

Also the intermission dramas from the first concert are available in high quality now

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

Eli Ayase's School Idol Diary: I'm not sure if there's a more appropriate place to put it, but anyway I translated this book.

Intermission Dramas from the Happy Party Train Tour in Saitama: Ruby has a hard life

Chapter 14A of the Sunshine manga: I really just wanted to translate the pages of Ruby gushing over Yoshiko but then I realized that was nearly the entire chapter so I might as well finish it. Oops. Most of the other chapters aren't translated either but don't worry about it because this one's cute.

Also the intermission dramas from the first concert are available in high quality now

Please translate the rest of the chapters if they're this cute.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Oh dang, I hadn't realized there was a chapter 14 already. Well, I'll catch up eventually.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
also: thanks, Dan!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
:rip: Ruby. Her sacrifice will be remembered

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Daxing Dan posted:

Bless you, friend.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Good Listener posted:

Where do you learn when these take place? If I had known I woulda checked it out haha. Also that Dia ep was great~

Reddit, specifically /r/LoveLive/ and /r/SchoolIdolFestival/ which is how I found out about the AX concert. Also the Discords for each of them. Easily the best community I've seen to tap into everything LL if you aren't fluent in JP.

Like yes tons of reddit is cancer but my experience in both of those is p awesome so far

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
alternatively, hanging out in discord/line chats with other folks that love live, and word gets around

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

i hope there's love live merch at magfest, for I am going.

need some nesos so i can take funny pictures when I have to clean them

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Dexanth posted:

Reddit, specifically /r/LoveLive/ and /r/SchoolIdolFestival/ which is how I found out about the AX concert. Also the Discords for each of them. Easily the best community I've seen to tap into everything LL if you aren't fluent in JP.

Like yes tons of reddit is cancer but my experience in both of those is p awesome so far

Thanks, I'll check some of these options out. Knowing that these kind of things actually take place at not just Anime Expo and in close proximity to me is kind of exciting :)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://twitter.com/paxiti/status/928909923009773568

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Chill la Chill posted:

i hope there's love live merch at magfest, for I am going.

need some nesos so i can take funny pictures when I have to clean them

Same but for AnimeNYC next weekend. If New York Comic Con had nesos for sale, hopefully this con should have some more too. Need to add to my collection and all, maybe get a Yohane or a Dia-chan.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Replace the thread op with just this

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

GhostStalker posted:

Same but for AnimeNYC next weekend. If New York Comic Con had nesos for sale, hopefully this con should have some more too. Need to add to my collection and all, maybe get a Yohane or a Dia-chan.

I wish they had removable Yohane buns so you could do the azumanga bit but with shiny girl imagining the detachable bun

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
This episode was an incredible reminder that Chika is 100x better of a protagonist than Honoka ever will be

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

I wish they had removable Yohane buns so you could do the azumanga bit but with shiny girl imagining the detachable bun

That would be cool, but from what I heard, the reason why all the Yohane nesos I've seen for sale have been more expensive than the rest (like $50 as opposed to like $30-$45) is that bun, same with Ruby. If the thing is detachable, that would probably make it cost even more, I dunno.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

This episode was an incredible reminder that Chika is 100x better of a protagonist than Honoka ever will be

I don't really want to agree with this, but it is pretty much impossible for me to deny. Aqours just has a lot more worries than Muse, and they need to work through more and become better school idols because of it. It's pretty great.

The Riko and Yohane interaction building off of last episode were great, Guilty Kiss is def becoming a thing here and it's great. Riko's expressions after being caught imitating Yohane and being called RiRi continue to be amazing, may lift her out of the basement for me. Welcome to Hell Zone indeed. Her expressions have been on point this entire season.

Those costumes were great, love Yohane's version with the horns and the correct name on the back of hers, which I imagine she would've insisted on.

Also, I'm scared for when Anchan has to do Miracle Wave live; that cartwheel somersault looks like it'll be a bitch for her to do, especially since it seems like it's done over the other members lying down before they get back up with a fist pump and all that. If they had Rikakyo do the piano piece for Omoi no Hitotsu ni Nare for at least First Live and what happened on the second day probably leading to them never doing that again, they're def gonna have Anchan do it at least once, probably at one or all of the Third Live shows next year... Apparently, Anchan has done karate in the past and might make her flexible enough to do so, I'm still anxious about it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GhostStalker posted:

Aqours just has a lot more worries than Muse, and they need to work through more and become better school idols because of it. It's pretty great.

I think this is really the core thing that makes Chika 'better' as a protag. Honoka really didn't have as much to overcome aside from the actual 'we need to be good idols' core conflict. She wasn't BAD or anything but it was a pretty simple and turns out easily solved conflict.

Aqours has to work through a lot more on top of the basic idol stuff, so Chika winds up the stronger protagonist just by virtue of having to be the leader more than Honoka ever had to. They're both good characters, but Sunshine as a whole is just a better product than the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Also, I'm scared for when Anchan has to do Miracle Wave live; that cartwheel somersault looks like it'll be a bitch for her to do, especially since it seems like it's done over the other members lying down before they get back up with a fist pump and all that. If they had Rikakyo do the piano piece for Omoi no Hitotsu ni Nare for at least First Live and what happened on the second day probably leading to them never doing that again, they're def gonna have Anchan do it at least once, probably at one or all of the Third Live shows next year... Apparently, Anchan has done karate in the past and might make her flexible enough to do so, I'm still anxious about it.

The Roundoff portion of the move she should be able to learn in a day or under. It's the Back Handspring right after that's hard, but given the shape Aqours has to be in? It's not as big a barrier as it may seem. Chika was trying to learn the technique without a gymnastics coach without matting to work with whereas Anchan should have the benefit of actual instruction.

Like it looks awesome and is yea really a challenge to learn but once you learn it it's more easy to replicate. The real challenge will be the costume potentially getting in the way.