Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Theres a 50% bonus exp holiday going right now too. I dont remember reading about it or how long it is supposed to last but its on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Kerrrrrrr posted:

now do i get the junkrat or alarak announcer pack???

Go for Junkrat, it's the closest you'll get to having commentary by Vyvyan off The Young Ones.

(http://beelemons.tumblr.com/post/149762447292/junkrat-is-vyvyan-n-there-isnt-anythin-u-can-say)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Brawl is Hanamura again. :smith:

Bring back Pull Party as a permanent game mode with its own comp ladder please.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I liked this brawl because I was put on the better team three times in a row.

First was all-Tyrande which was dumb (I was on offense, lots of payload stalls), third was all-Kel'Thuzad which was GLORIOUS.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

This is really good, thank you so much. It’s hard to know when I want to draft, say, stitches so any guidance is very welcome.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

kurona_bright posted:

E: lunara's poison scales up harder than a lot of other things in the game I think

Nope. 4%.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Alarak. How is that even a question?

well his announcer isn't even out yet cause i forgot it's on PTR so i bought junkrat and it makes me smile :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kerrrrrrr posted:

well his announcer isn't even out yet cause i forgot it's on PTR so i bought junkrat and it makes me smile :allears:

Disappointing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Disappointing.

i mean look at me did you really expect anything else

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

No Wave posted:

I liked this brawl because I was put on the better team three times in a row.

First was all-Tyrande which was dumb (I was on offense, lots of payload stalls), third was all-Kel'Thuzad which was GLORIOUS.

all zeratul was..great. enemy team would just stand around stopping the payload from moving, and none of my team members would attack cloaked people.

edit: had all these shards saved up to get some holloween goodness, and now this alarak announcer is going to suck all my shards...unacceptable

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Toshimo posted:

Nope. 4%.
No, he's right. Lunara's poison trait scales at +5% per level instead of the +4% per level most abilities scale at. So at level 1 her poison does 36 damage per tick and at level 20 it does 90 per tick whereas the similar Stitches trait does 71 damage at level 1 and 149 at level 20. There are a handful of other abilities with non-4% scaling.

Erdricks posted:

Got Lunara from a box. Fell in love. Holy crap she seems like a late game beast. Is it just my relatively uneducated perspective? I never see other people playing her.
Grubby just posted a detailed HOW TO LUNARA vid. Lunara is a good hero.

Filipino Freakout posted:

Mediocre opinions incoming.
I don't play the other Warriors enough to have even bad opinions. Garrosh gets banned so much I can't say a lot about drafting him but probably similar to Stitches and who you can lockdown with Warlord's Challenge. Tyrael is good but damned if I know the first thing about using him properly.
Diablo is not recommended as a first tank or really for newbies in general. He loses a LOT of survivability if he dies and loses his souls, his Q will make you rage when it doesn't work and you KNOW you hit that wall, and his initiation style promotes diving so until you have a good feel for when you should dive you'll feed a lot which is bad because Diablo loses more than most when he feeds.

Tyrael is technically a tank but also not recommended for inexperienced players or generally as a solo tank. People pick him because his Q becomes a completely different and awesome ability at level 16, he has an AOE shield that helps keep melee assassin's that dive with him alive, and Sanctification is arguably the strongest ultimate in the game. A well-timed Sanc can turn a team fight around, let you steal/defend a boss, burn down the enemy's core, etc. Judgement is good too though! He has no hard CC (except for Judgement on an 80 sec cooldown), his trait is literally a joke (whenever a Tyrael actually kills someone with his trait twitch chat lights up with "TRAIT VALUE PogChamp"), and he has awful mana issues, but he's still a viable hero.

Anub is also a good pick for shutting down heroes whose ultimate is a giant blinking SHUT ME DOWN OR I WILL gently caress EVERYONE UP sign such as Maltheal, Genji, or Kerrigan. Cocoon is popped by the number of attacks it takes so heroes that do a lot of attacks in a short period of time such as Tracer, Tassadar, Li-Ming's disintegration, etc can instantly pop it but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take it vs them. Anub has the lowest health of any tank.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Star posted:

This is really good, thank you so much. It’s hard to know when I want to draft, say, stitches so any guidance is very welcome.

Something I didn't mention and one thing to think about is Malthael and similar traits and Giant Killer talents. Stitches for example has the highest raw HP in the game (next to Cho I think), Malthael, Tychus, and so on can tear chunks out of you that your supports may struggle with keeping up. Not necessarily a reason not to pick him but it should be part of the evaluation.

There's a lot to think about in those 30 seconds and your own experiences may take you somewhere else, those are just things I keep in mind.

edit: Yeah it's good in general to know things like Anub'arak's low health that makes him susceptible to burst, and Johanna's natural 25 physical armor, Arthas' natural 10 physical etc.

Someone linked this here not too long ago that's a really cool graphical comparison:
https://psionic-storm.com/en/comparateur-heros/#d=hp

Also this in chart form:
https://www.hotsnerd.com/

Filipino Freakout fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 11, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gobbeldygook posted:

No, he's right. Lunara's poison trait scales at +5% per level instead of the +4% per level most abilities scale at. So at level 1 her poison does 36 damage per tick and at level 20 it does 90 per tick whereas the similar Stitches trait does 71 damage at level 1 and 149 at level 20. There are a handful of other abilities with non-4% scaling.

That's weird. He posted that, noting that the wiki was wrong (which is where I checked), and nobody in 3 months has bothered to correct the wiki.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Spudd posted:

We haven't done this for awhile but I'd like it if another Tauren was added. They're just really cool. Could go with either Cairne or Hulm (Holm? Hilm?... Helm?) Highmountain. Although I'm pretty sure all Tauren's would be warriors. Maybe a Tauren priest but there are no named ones.

Garrosh's skills should have been given to Cairne. :rip:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

On one hand, yes. Garrosh's skills would more or less fit Cairne perfectly - up to and including Groundbreaker being extremely appropriate considering how often Cool Axe Grandpa talked about the Earth Mother.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Blizzard was getting really tired of people begging for Orc Hitler, so he got the Tassadar treatment.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVYYMdDd14E

i love stukov so much :ussr:

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 12, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Power Bottom posted:

On one hand, yes. Garrosh's skills would more or less fit Cairne perfectly - up to and including Groundbreaker being extremely appropriate considering how often Cool Axe Grandpa talked about the Earth Mother.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Blizzard was getting really tired of people begging for Orc Hitler, so he got the Tassadar treatment.

I mean throwing people kicks rear end and I love Garrosh so I'm pretty happy with his implementation. Cairne can go fall off the side of Thunderbluff IMO

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Now I wish he had a hero specific mount that's just him doing the kossak dance at mach 5.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I mean throwing people kicks rear end and I love Garrosh so I'm pretty happy with his implementation. Cairne can go fall off the side of Thunderbluff IMO

Big angry orc man with a huge axe should do more damage than the gentle farts of a newborn lamb. :mad:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I want a fidget spinner mount

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

Big angry orc man with a huge axe should do more damage than the gentle farts of a newborn lamb. :mad:

Have you tried throwing Varian over your gates tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cuntellectual posted:

His damage is fine for a tank though

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I want a Carbot announcer.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Macaluso posted:

how can you have such an amazing avatar and be so wrong all the time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Power Bottom posted:

how can you have such an amazing avatar and be so wrong all the time

How do you make "just stands there" into a fighting ability for Cairne

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Seebach posted:

I want a Carbot announcer.

I can't believe I didn't think of this until now. They are kind of dropping the ball with special announcers only being in game characters. A weird restriction.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Chagalls spike at 16 is insane. Turns out being almost permanently unstoppable while regening a ton with an instant long range dash is pretty nuts.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
What are good maps for drafting lunara? Was thinking of stuff like BoE, Cursed Hollow, ToD... Stuff that is less minion centric and would benefit from her poke with the spear ult and sustainable dps?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Erdricks posted:

What are good maps for drafting lunara? Was thinking of stuff like BoE, Cursed Hollow, ToD... Stuff that is less minion centric and would benefit from her poke with the spear ult and sustainable dps?

https://masterleague.net/hero/lunara/?p=28&p=27&p=26&p=25

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

I can't believe I didn't think of this until now. They are kind of dropping the ball with special announcers only being in game characters. A weird restriction.

I mean, what would carbot sound like? :iiam:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Cuntellectual posted:

Understanding that it's possibly :thejoke: and I'm missing it, he speaks at the end of some of his videos, and I think has occasionally voiced characters as well? I have no particular urge to hear him announcing, but it's not like we've never heard him at all.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cuntellectual posted:

like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1f0lkCUJc

I'd love to have a game start with "Hey, it's me, it's your best friend Carbot" :3:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

SirSamVimes posted:

I'd love to have a game start with "Hey, it's me, it's your best friend Carbot" :3:

I want to empty quote but I also want to add: check out his "what if" hero fan idea series. Not because he has good ideas, but because he's goofy and lovable.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

carbot sounds exactly like you'd imagine him to after watching his videos

edit: help I can't stop playing zul'jin, W build is too much fun to handle and there is no more satisfying feeling than guillotine snipes

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 13, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SirSamVimes posted:

edit: help I can't stop playing zul'jin, W build is too much fun to handle and there is no more satisfying feeling than guillotine snipes

Huh, I've been doing this myself lately. Yeah, it's fun as hell, Amani Rage into Guillotine is a huge chunk of burst damage if you time it right.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Kai Tave posted:

Huh, I've been doing this myself lately. Yeah, it's fun as hell, Amani Rage into Guillotine is a huge chunk of burst damage if you time it right.

With Thanksgiving/Christmas sales coming up I am hesitant to make too many purchases, but if I had to pick one of Kelthuzad, Zuljin, or Guldan, which one should I pick?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Erdricks posted:

With Thanksgiving/Christmas sales coming up I am hesitant to make too many purchases, but if I had to pick one of Kelthuzad, Zuljin, or Guldan, which one should I pick?

I mean, they're all pretty good right now, it depends on what you want out of a mage-y assassin. Gul'dan never seems to go out of style, you have a lot of good burst damage but also really good laneclear and sustain thanks to life drain, and you make one of the better Auriel batteries in the game. Zul'jin seems to have a lot of good structure pushing power and he can also do a lot of burst but his waveclear doesn't seem as good (it's not terrible but you can't just evaporate a wave like Gul'dan can) and his playstyle rewards you for hanging around at lower health which can be a tricky balancing act, but his rework has made him a lot of fun when he didn't always used to be imo [edit] but he also does rely on autoattacks for much of his damage so beware of blinds. Kel'Thuzad meanwhile is one of those characters where you get more out of him the better you are at landing time-delay skillshots due to his built-in level 1 quest. A really good KTZ can be absolutely disgusting but if you have trouble stacking that quest up ASAP then you can wind up feeling kind of useless as the game goes on.

e; tl;dr Gul'dan is probably the "safest" choice out of all of those in terms of just being a really solid all-round mage.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zul'jin's waveclear is pretty drat good if you go W build

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm pretty happy with my support roster, but I have Tassadar at level 3 and Stukov 1 game away from 5, but I don't own them. Should I pick them up to spam games for quick Halloween chests tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Macaluso posted:

How do you make "just stands there" into a fighting ability for Cairne

Same way that they did half of the characters' abilities in HOTS - make poo poo up based on their personality and turn it into a kit. It's what they did with Garrosh.