Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So are we getting another episode this week about the election or will that have to wait for next week's chapo? Because I'm really ready for Matt to eat poo poo about his pessimism except he won't because clearly this means things are actually worse than we thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Will, reading: "...it wasn't her usual laugh, it was more like..."

Amber: "Stavros."

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Great episode, but making fun of Brazile for using the term "Fancy Bear" was kind of cringeworthy since that's the actual name of a well-known hacking group.

quote:

The groups, he added, are so familiar to the investigators from previous attacks that they have acquired commonly used nicknames in the security industry. One, “Cozy Bear” or “APT 29,” had been inside the committee’s network for about a year; a second, “Fancy Bear,” also called “APT 28,” breached the system in April.

Serf
May 5, 2011

fancy bear is a funny loving name to give to a hacker group

giving your dog four names and a nickname is insane

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So are we getting another episode this week about the election or will that have to wait for next week's chapo? Because I'm really ready for Matt to eat poo poo about his pessimism except he won't because clearly this means things are actually worse than we thought.

lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Martha Fudge

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
What was that Cafe.com character that was a a thinly veiled Malcolm Harris? The character was a Bed-Stuy trust fund anarchist.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Marshall Harford III

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Great episode, but making fun of Brazile for using the term "Fancy Bear" was kind of cringeworthy

Same, but for the Seth Rich stuff. I get that his death is a conspiracy theory among the colloidal silver set and that makes it hilarious, but going to work and being reminded of her dead coworker, being sad about it, and doing her best to lean on the cops to resolve the murder using whatever clout she has sounds pretty normal.

It's like the Cosby star thing. Sometimes you're operating on multiple layers of irony you forget what you sound like to normal people.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Which probably explains the closing statements.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Same, but for the Seth Rich stuff. I get that his death is a conspiracy theory among the colloidal silver set and that makes it hilarious, but going to work and being reminded of her dead coworker, being sad about it, and doing her best to lean on the cops to resolve the murder using whatever clout she has sounds pretty normal.

It's like the Cosby star thing. Sometimes you're operating on multiple layers of irony you forget what you sound like to normal people.

I think it was more that she had no actual clout to lean on the cops and just kinda the general joke of 'she got weirdly paranoid because she hired some grifters that convinced her of the dangers she was unaware of'. Same with making fun of the name, they weren't really laughing at her they were laughing at the situation where she's talking in grave serious tones about Fancy Bear

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
how could that fool Matt assume the dems would blow a race???

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Whatever Matt said when he referred to kids as pizza flavors had me on the floor laughing.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I'm late to the party but this newest episode is the most this show has ever made me laugh. I can't believe this book and these people are real.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

The best thing is Amber almost laughing too hard to say “It’s the dang minions!”

Episode is extremely good, looking forward to the inevitable Daou vs Brazile outdoor summer hoops sketch.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
That whole duck story is something that Veep/Thick of It would drop due to being too silly.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Uranium posted:

The best thing is Amber almost laughing too hard to say “It’s the dang minions!”

Episode is extremely good, looking forward to the inevitable Daou vs Brazile outdoor summer hoops sketch.

"She was always working so hard in her blue overalls and goggles..."

That fuckin 'what if Minyon Moore is just her looking at Facebook memes' was one of the best Chapo jokes in a while.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoever runs for the Democrats next is going to have an assistant named Tabitha Noid.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

it was refreshing to have them back on their A game after some not-as-good eps

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I maintain that their essence has been pure in all of their recent subscriber episodes, but their fluids were clearly corrupted during the recording of most of the recent free shows.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

The Crotch posted:

Whoever runs for the Democrats next is going to have an assistant named Tabitha Noid.

Jessanthima Porch
Alice Ramzan-Kadyrov
Dormer Gables
Kent oval office
Marble Envothy

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Denise Croods

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jackson Crunch-Mengele
Delorean gently caress

sub supau fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Nov 11, 2017

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Nigwardly Cowlanth

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Richard Buncha
Velma Pantsler

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Jannica Landler
Robertha Mennings
Jacobert Haverty
Crestford Goone

These people were born from the lanyard breeding programs of previous campaigns.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it was a big boon when we were able to poach a traditionally republican pollster firm headed by the power couple Travist Dunk and Laura Lungtar but DNC insider Francis Bonk pushed back hard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
in non hilarious name news, but related, if you wanna get Hacks I highly recommend the audio-book. It's narrated by Donna and A) she's a good speaker so it's a fun listen, and B) all that poo poo they read that she quoted herself thinking/saying she sells like it's an Oscar bait movie and it's just wonderful.

It actually is a solid book, like Amber said a bunch it's absolutely her trying to save her image in the aftermath but it does point to her actually being a politically minded person who probably had a way of thinking that would win the election while Mook and his crew just kept pointing to the ~data~ showing the exact optimal route to take for a precise 51% win. She's absolutely an old guard who needs to join the current wave moving over the DNC but she's one of the people in there who actually does know what she's talking about when it comes to just handling elections. It kinda is leaving me hopeful as I read it, because if such an old guard Clinton insider could feel secure to go 'heeeey Clinton's team is maybe the dumbest cocksuckers I've ever seen and somehow almost every stupid idea that happened was her direct plan' that probably speaks a ton to what the actual establishment DNC mood is these days.

Also her dedications are like 15 minutes long when she reads them and it's just loving amazing. She basically dedicated this book to anyone ever shared a business lunch or family member she sends a christmas card to.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I for one think it rules that we're approaching a future where everybody has retarded names. Gonna change my name to Tronk Fuselage and run for congress.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
please vote for me. Yonk Mudslide for your senator, I have some big plans and they all involve more amusement park funding.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oymWAeqv_-c

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Uranium posted:

Jannica Landler
Robertha Mennings
Jacobert Haverty
Crestford Goone

These people were born from the lanyard breeding programs of previous campaigns.

are the kids loving

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Remember when it was Republicans who had the bizarre caveman names? Like "Mitt" and "Trigg?" I assumed it was some sort of Midwestern Hills Have Eyes kind of thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Halloween Jack posted:

Remember when it was Republicans who had the bizarre caveman names? Like "Mitt" and "Trigg?" I assumed it was some sort of Midwestern Hills Have Eyes kind of thing.

the formula seems to be that right wingers tend to have names that are simple one syllable things with some crazy over the top last name from europe so they're a bunch of 'chet sexontry' and 'trip donaldstronm'. That or if they're in the 'intellectual' side they insist on going by their full name at all times and it's always something cartoonishly bad like 'rupert hornsby the third' or 'michael thornbottom-honeysuckle with the saxton institute for western enlightenment preservation esq'.

On the left we just have fuckin bonkers cartoon names where we wind up saying 'uh yea she trusted her campaign's fate entirely in the hands of a dude named 'mook', yea 'mook' as in the dumbest gangster that Superman throws through a window to get to the boss...yea that dude was in charge of the biggest campaign run by the DNC in ages.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Zephyr Teachout is among my favorite lefty names

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
John Goon

Branson Thug

William Henchman

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

uber_stoat posted:

John Goon

Branson Thug

William Henchman

hey don't talk bad about William, he's gonna get married to Donna's friend soon.

Minyon Henchman

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

So good, lmao thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012