Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

As expected Phil Murphy won the NJ governor election, which means legal recreational is coming :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Ol' Mozi's Country-Time Medicine recipe

Take your Magical Butter machine (it's a combo blender/heater thing - set the temp and the time and it will keep that temp and occasionally blend everything. For obvious utility.)

Add two ounces of your herb of choice (I recommend cannabis.)

Add two cups of vegetable glycerin (it tastes sweet and not terrible like 151 or Everclear.)

8 hours at 160 degrees, filter and cool.

Take a spoonful whenever the heck you feel like it. I prefer the glycerin tincture over other edible methods because with butter or coconut oil you generally have to bake it into something first. It's also a heck of a lot easier to clean.

And you can take that to the bank! (don't take this to the bank.)

Mozi fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 8, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I like this idea because a VG-based tincture is something I can put in a nicotine-style ejuice tank and vape in public, especially if I add some flavoring

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Ol' Mozi's Country-Time Medicine is not FDA approved for use in portable vaporizing systems, but hey, it's a free country.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mozi posted:

Ol' Mozi's Country-Time Medicine is not FDA approved for use in portable vaporizing systems, but hey, it's a free country.

I mean vape juice is literally just vegetable glycerin, nicotine (which comes suspended in VG as well) and flavor concentrates, so I don't see any reason your recipe wouldn't work!

e: there's propylene glycol but that's just there to make it sweet IIRC

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i was just joshing!

if you actually do this, might just want to cook it for 4 hours because with 8 you end up with something pretty darn brown even after filtering (which is good if you like the taste of cannabis) but i dunno if that would gunk up your gizmos or whatnot

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mozi posted:

i was just joshing!

if you actually do this, might just want to cook it for 4 hours because with 8 you end up with something pretty darn brown even after filtering (which is good if you like the taste of cannabis) but i dunno if that would gunk up your gizmos or whatnot

Realistically I won't do this until I can just buy 2oz at the store, that's a lot for me right now :v: but if I ever do I will definitely post a trip report!

It probably would gunk up the coils but they're cheap and even regular vape juice kills them after a couple of weeks so nbd

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
you can go anywhere from 1/2 oz to 1 oz per cup of glycerin, i just prefer it on a certain end of the scale myself

hope it works for you!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

I like this idea because a VG-based tincture is something I can put in a nicotine-style ejuice tank and vape in public, especially if I add some flavoring

you don't need a "nicotine style ejuice tank" to vape in public, I use my regular oil pen in public all the time, no one knows just from looking at it that its a weed pen and the smell is so weak that it doesn't really matter

speaking of oil I just got some King Louis OG by kingpen and its extremely nice indica

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Earwicker posted:

you don't need a "nicotine style ejuice tank" to vape in public, I use my regular oil pen in public all the time, no one knows just from looking at it that its a weed pen and the smell is so weak that it doesn't really matter

speaking of oil I just got some King Louis OG by kingpen and its extremely nice indica

This is what I do. I use a Volcan (R)evolve wax pen. poo poo, I've hit it inside the grocery store while shopping.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really like my yocan magneto, altho i seem to have trouble buying quality atomizers

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Always wondered if I could cook edibles at home without my rents questioning a thing. Probably a bad idea.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Earwicker posted:

it's a million times more discreet than sparking a bowl for sure, but I promise you people around you know it's a weed pen, they just don't care because it's 2017. Not to mention it's at the point where even the normal adults using ecigs have at least the thicker tube ecigs if not a full-out little box mod, so the skinny weed-pen-looking ecigs stand out more as weed pens than anything else.

I mean it's 90% moot since again, it's 2017 and who gives a poo poo really. TBH I don't even know why I gave the vaping in public reason - I'd like to get some weed vape juice because it'd be convenient and awesome to just be able to refill my tank from a bottle and blow some sicccc-rear end weed vape clouds :thumbsup:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 9, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I've been to 4 weddings in the last 6 weeks and every time I popped outside, the number of people vaping with tubes/box mods and the number of people using weed pens were roughly 50/50, it's really pretty insane how fast both things are catching on at a mainstream level. I saw 2 mid-40's soccer mom-types hitting their pink and purple mini box mods while passing a cbd pen and discussing how it helps after spin class, it was pretty funny

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Got a new bag today, my buddy got me a half O for free since my Bday is coming up but he's gonna be out of town. Not quite as good as the last bag I got but the price sure was right and it still got me high as hell. Decided to pair it with some good food and drink.

Awesome Torte Chillanga from a local Mexican place.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Took a half day at work. I got high and cleaned my gutters. Now I am listening to Gary Numan. Life is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsaGrAcBNA4

Edit - I also bought this today!!! https://www.wulfmods.com/wulf-duo-concentrate-vaporizer-by-wulf-mods/

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 10, 2017

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jytxkJUM_7U

Too all those reading, toke one up to some madvillian!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

I promise you people around you know it's a weed pen, they just don't care because it's 2017

I promise you there are plenty of people in 2017 who do care, but who have no idea what a weed pen is.

I mean yeah when I'm at home in NYC everyone knows and no one gives a poo poo, but I travel to a lot of places that are still way behind the times in that regard, and weed pens are still both new enough and subtle enough that they are very helpful in those places.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

When I'm walking around with an HVT Saionara on a Pico 75w, I look like any other vape nerd with an RDA (a much worse fate than just looking like a stoner)

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

DoombatINC posted:

When I'm walking around with an HVT Saionara on a Pico 75w, I look like any other vape nerd with an RDA (a much worse fate than just looking like a stoner)

Is this English?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

We Know Catheters posted:

Is this English?

Most definitely not

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Dreddout posted:

Anyone who uses stoner terminology like "sesh" needs to be taken out and shot

But what if I'm a sesh gremlin?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBoLPFkcEeA

lolllll

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
the nice man at the weed store gave me a very good recommendation!

then I burned the poo poo out of my thumb by accidently resting the bottom of my vaporizer on it.

UPS AND DOWNS IN WEEDLAND

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oils are just too easy sometimes.

High everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3LKtTUR29s

I added the video, listen to that while you smoke my friends

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 15, 2017

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I swear concentrates and the RSOs and such are just murder, you get one and if you're go soft and sane it could last you months if you wanted, stockpile now for those colder days

EDIT: yeah good idea here's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQayQvN79Z0

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
*extremely stoned gordon gecko voice* weed is good

Weed is right

Weed works

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Weed & Mario Kart are sick as hell.

https://twitter.com/1stLethalGeek/status/930684933865136128

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDPz4guxOQ

I'm riding the Grooveline Tonight.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
pretty amazing that you can grab the smelly flowers off a plant, burn it and inhale the smoke and it makes you feel good.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fututor Magnus posted:

pretty amazing that you can grab the smelly flowers off a plant, burn it and inhale the smoke and it makes you feel good.
It is amazing, but I can't help but be struck by how perfectly natural it is, too.

Walk a path, eat a mushroom, the universe unfolds and enfolds you.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I think it's amazing that you can take those flowers, run it through an extraction process, and get a highly refined product. We are looking for the hash version of Standard Oil.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I have today off because I had some time off to burn before my work anniversary, so guess what goons?

I'm blazed.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I did all my fall yard work today. Raked the leaves, cleaned the gutters, cut back a bunch of plants... Day off is a good day.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I had to stop smoking for 3 months for reasons. Right before I stopped smoking I was like, “I need to clean these gutters”. The whole 3 months I didn’t even consider actually getting on the roof and doing it. First weekend back smoking and I was up on the roof cleaning them shits. Weed is the best motivation.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I haven't really smoked weed in almost 10 years but everything is going to poo poo and I've been somewhat unhappy, so I started again recently. Been just using those prefilled vape carts since my gf hates the smell of weed plus I'm old and lazy and don't want to bother with other paraphernalia. They're really good. Probably not great value but I think for me the convenience is great

I also bought som of this dablicator stuff and ate some, oh boy bad idea. poo poo was fun for the first couple of hours but by like hour 3 it was real bad and uncomfortable, and still kept going for almost 7+. I don't remember old edibles being that crazy by then again I weirdly never liked them to begin with. I suppose the stuff is better smoked in like a Sai or added to a joint right?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Oil is totally cheaper than loose weed. My gf heard how much I paid for mine and seen how much longer it lasts and is changing to oil herself for the most part.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

LethalGeek posted:

Oil is totally cheaper than loose weed.

This is only true if you are foolish and don't grow your own weed like a sane person.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

Probably not great value but I think for me the convenience is great

The value of what you pay for something should be in what you get out of it, not how it compares to other things. In this instance, girlfriend doesn't hate it and you get high, ergo it's a good value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Literally A Person posted:

This is only true if you are foolish and don't grow your own weed like a sane person.

I failed at growing my own :(

I can't fully blame myself though, because I unexpectedly went out of town for 3 days after I had just started my seeds. I left my husband in charge of them, and when I came back, they were dead. Gonna try again next spring.