Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Please don't.

Make sure the VA remains funded, work towards addressing mental health issues, PTSD, and transition after ETS. These thank yous are as effective as 'thoughts and prayers' and they don't want thanks.

But that sounds like it would require effort or cost money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm really hoping that Takei turns out to be completely innocent, he was a role model for lots of people.
The Hacks will tear into him regardless.

It's certainly not the best-verified of the accusations that have come so far but I don't know if you can ever really completely disprove something like that.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/poltoons

This seems like a good twitter account for the thread

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fister Roboto posted:

gently caress veterans

:wink:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:stare: That's, uh, quite a label

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Lurdiak posted:

It's certainly not the best-verified of the accusations that have come so far but I don't know if you can ever really completely disprove something like that.

Things are crazy enough in the media world that I could believe that Kevin Spacey paid the guy to make it all up.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They're my second favorite, right behind the artist who draws them with one crazy eye.

Rogers?. e:f,b

have a pat campbell

which has been posted before, now that I think about it it. gently caress..

have a richard giliberto

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 11, 2017

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Why is this what republicans want? Why is their ideal future a constant cycle of pointless wars with brown people where our soldiers are either a) tricked into joining because of circumstance or b) do it for completely selfish reasons like tuition, healthcare, retirement, etc.

On top of it, we should spend every single day of our lives not only thinking about our military, but going out of our way to thank them. To me, it just seems like "hey what's a thing we can admire and bring up for political purposes all the time, and no one can argue it because they'd be arguing against ARE VETS and look like meanies?"

Someone pointed this out to me today and I can't believe I never thought of it, but just think about how much lower military enrollment would be if EVERYONE had free (or close to it) healthcare and tuition.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

‘Roy Moore is the pedophile devil.’

It doesn’t work too well on an allegorical level and that’s okay since this is all you need to take away from it.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

In November 2012, the conservative political news and opinion website Daily Caller published allegations that Menendez had contact with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic. The allegations were promoted by Republican Party operatives, who arranged interviews for two women accusing Menendez of patronizing prostitutes with ABC News and the Daily Caller. However, ABC News and other news organizations such as The New York Times, and the New York Post declined to publish the allegations, viewing them as unsubstantiated and lacking credibility. One of the women who had accused Menendez stated that she had been paid to falsely implicate the Senator and had never met him. The Daily Caller says this woman was not interviewed for their story. Menendez's office described the allegations as "manufactured" by a "right-wing blog" as a politically motivated smear. On March 18, 2013 police in the Dominican Republic announced that three women had said they had been paid $300–425 each to lie about having had sex with Menendez.
Once again, it's projection. Republicans are more than eager to frame Democrats for sex scandals, so they assume their opponents are doing the same.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Really digging that black Adam and Eve.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

loquacius posted:

:stare: That's, uh, quite a label
He's giving a press conference in front of a white wall with his name painted on it in enormous letters

honestly I would love to see that actually happen in the real world it would make me laugh a lot

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

He's giving a press conference in front of a white wall with his name painted on it in enormous letters

honestly I would love to see that actually happen in the real world it would make me laugh a lot

it's like that scene from Citizen Kane but dumber

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Don't forget to pray to your veteran today, a blasphemous cartoon.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Jesus

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

An unexpected anti-Trump cartoon.

Heart boxers getting a workout today.

Cosby got Rogers-eye.

It's funny how having a president making an rear end of himself daily, neo-nazis marching in the streets, healthcare getting gutted, and pedophiles running for senate tend to make one forget about some completely harmless thing football players are doing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories' terrible week – Michel Barnier has set Britain a two-week deadline to clarify the financial commitments it is willing to honour, adding to Theresa May’s growing list of concerns"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Courbet. (It's a bit of a stretch...)

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

gently caress you X1000

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Nick Soapdish posted:

gently caress you X1000

"Veterans fought and died for your right to protest, BUT DON'T YOU DARE USE IT!"

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The reason these athletes are protesting is of course police brutality and the extrajudicial murder of PoC by law enforcement. Conservatives really don't want to have a conversation about that or draw any attention to it. That's why they are instead they are constantly trying to reframe the protests as "they hate ARE TROOPS!!1/Flag/Anthem/(insert nationalist totem here)".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The Dems should use the same tactic.

"whine whine tea party whine don't wanna pay my taxes"
don't you dare disrespect our troops!

"whine whine obamacare death panels"

"whine whine they gonna steal our guns"

"whine whine my statues of seditious traitors"

It'd actually be a lot more accurate this way.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 11, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Well done. I"d not realized the opportunity the image offers until now.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Watching all this blatant and extreme narrative changing is infuriating.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Cat Mattress posted:

The Dems should use the same tactic.

"whine whine tea party whine don't wanna pay my taxes"

Unfortunately, Republicans always boost the military budget and don't actually care about small government, so they can keep slashing everything else and never face any heat.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Where can I get a copy of People I Don't Know Telling Each Other Off? Great reading.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Axetrain posted:

The reason these athletes are protesting is of course police brutality and the extrajudicial murder of PoC by law enforcement. Conservatives really don't want to have a conversation about that or draw any attention to it. That's why they are instead they are constantly trying to reframe the protests as "they hate ARE TROOPS!!1/Flag/Anthem/(insert nationalist totem here)".
Doesn't help that white liberals were trying to reframe it as a protest against trump.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Unfortunately, Republicans always boost the military budget and don't actually care about small government, so they can keep slashing everything else and never face any heat.

There's military budget and military budget, though.

It's one thing to keep shoveling money into Lockmart's gargantuan open maw; it's a completely different issue altogether to properly equip the troops with stuff they actually need, giving wounded soldiers the healthcare they actually need, and giving the veteran administration enough funding so that it can actually function.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Tenebrais posted:

Where can I get a copy of People I Don't Know Telling Each Other Off? Great reading.

https://twitter.com/signup

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

there wolf posted:

And that "people are stupid and will believe anything" is on the list of reasons I'm glad Game of Thrones changed the entire genre. Edge for the edgelord grimdark poo poo is annoying, but a million authors trying to be Terry Pratchett and coming out Peirs Anthony is not missed.
I feel like that's a lateral move at best...

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Now, I'm all for pointing out what a poo poo this guy is, but I'm pretty tired of the 'heart print boxer shorts' thing. It's a bit trite at this point, not to mention how many of the thread regulars simply cannot draw Bill Clinton without

oh for gently caress's sake!

Sandpuppy posted:

Heart boxers getting a workout today.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Obviously Conan O'Brien and not...I don't even know.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sandpuppy posted:

It's funny how having a president making an rear end of himself daily, neo-nazis marching in the streets, healthcare getting gutted, and pedophiles running for senate tend to make one forget about some completely harmless thing football players are doing.

Still just pretending it's just literally some blacks saying gently caress you to Are Troops I see.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I’ve been out of the loop; did donny embarrass himself in China?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/929511061954297857

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Some questions need no answer, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pants Donkey posted:

I’ve been out of the loop; did donny embarrass himself in China?

I mean China somehow managed to dress him up like an orange Kim Jong-Un so you tell me.

• Locked thread