Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rodyle posted:

Lol we got the revolution and Hashim just casually crushed it :shepicide: thanks boss!

C of course

it's almost like just letting the revolution happen was never a possibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
just gonna cast the clearly correct vote of B

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Wait, so is C a vote for a Shia or Sunni goon-led government?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Early tally, let me know if I misplaced someone:

A - Granada - 0 the mad hunchback is also a lonely hunchback

B - Qurtubah - 6 - Ibblebibble, Erwin the German, tunapirate, AJ_Impy, Chatrapati, crimea.

C - Qadis - 18 - Lord Cyrahzax, Agean90, Pakled, Crazycryodude, Jeoh, tatankatonk, QuoProQuid, Archaeology Hat, McGavin, Yvonmukluk, unwantedplatypus, GunnerJ, Camoes, Rodyle, TheFlyingLlama, really queer Christmas, Bloody Pom, Ikasuhito,

D - Tulaytullah - 3 - mcclay, MaxieSatan, Soup du Jour,

E - Qattalun - 7 - Raserys, WilliamAnderson, Crisis Now, Mr_Autoshades, Patter Song, HiHo ChiRho, Ralepozozaxe,

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

Wait, so is C a vote for a Shia or Sunni goon-led government?

The current Grand Vizier is Sunni, but that can change, depending on Majlis policies. If the Majlis do come out on top, I'm guessing they'll continue with their tolerance policies, which will probably result in a bit of chaos depending on what happens regarding the other Andalusi daughter states (Qurtubah and Granada especially).

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

C

Well, we got our Republic didn't we? Now we've just got to win the Civil War and retake the Warlord states.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

D. Exterminate the Majlis! They're the ones who caused this mess, it's high time a fitting Sunni Jizrunid fixed the errors of the Second Fitna. Absolute Monarchy forever!

Yeah, this is kinda how I see it as well. The Goon-mind had their go, let Hashim try to save things.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
B Fremen

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Qurtubah. The faithless must burn.

This. The Islamic State of Iberian Sunnis will purge the infidels and the decadent Majlis.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 11, 2017

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
B

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B Allah must stand supreme!

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

C.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
All in. C - Qadis

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

C.

Hashim, did the successor states inherit al-Andalus' ideas (and selected groups)? Because I think that could be a big factor if they're distinct in their sets.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
C - Qadis

Gotta stay true to our thread roots

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
E

Sultans cannot be trusted.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
B

These games almost always end up as a republic.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

C - Qadis

edipil
May 12, 2017

C - Qadis

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

The current Grand Vizier is Sunni, but that can change, depending on Majlis policies. If the Majlis do come out on top, I'm guessing they'll continue with their tolerance policies, which will probably result in a bit of chaos depending on what happens regarding the other Andalusi daughter states (Qurtubah and Granada especially).

I see. In that case, I will vote for C and will be praying for some sort of event that allows us to transition into a Revolutionary Republic since that's clearly what most of the thread has been hoping for anyways.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

B

For centuries we ruled under the auspices of "tolerance" - and what did that get us? Backstabbing infidels and heretics at every turn. Join the Mahdi, and this time will be no heathens nor heresy in our lands.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Hashim posted:

Early tally, let me know if I misplaced someone:

A - Granada - 0 the mad hunchback is also a lonely hunchback

if c wins, i want granada to be first on the list of targets

we're gonna have that trial.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
B Rue the day you went back on the Ulama, etc, etc...

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Rodyle posted:

Lol we got the revolution and Hashim just casually crushed it :shepicide: thanks boss!

What the hell kind of mad Sultan would let revolutionaries just kindly take his head? What kind of grimly-efficient general who'd just spent decades slaughtering Frenchmen in the field would let a rowdy mob of lowborn civilians take over the state? If you want a revolution, you have to take over the state by force and be able to crush the current government, or face slaughter. No government is going to just step aside and let itself be overthrown.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
A - Granada! You cannot depose the rightful sultan of all Al-Andalus so easily!

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Zakrelo posted:

A - Granada! You cannot depose the rightful sultan of all Al-Andalus so easily!

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
D - Tulaytullah

Let us return to the days when we had a proper Sunni Jizrunid ruler.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
E - Qattalun
The Ottomans have collapsed, and now a new Turkey will be born!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Small question of personal interest. Which realm has the Yazidis in it?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

C - Qadis

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Small question of personal interest. Which realm has the Yazidis in it?

Italy, Denmark, Persia, the Papacy.....

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
What's that Yellow Island in the north of Brazil, Ibriz?

edit: Also even in the darkest times some comedy can shine through, New England owns the Falklands.

Mr_Autoshades fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 12, 2017

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
E!

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
E. Not a Sultan.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Bold Kobold posted:

E. Not a Sultan.

It's E for Emir though. That's just Sultan-lite

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

C
What happened to our remaining colonies around the world? Gobbled up by local powers and nearby imperialists, or did Granada inherit them?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
B

Qurtubah seem the only ones likely to pull off reunification.

At least our kids are doing okay for themselves in Ibriz...?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
C'mon, it gotta be Qadis. We're riding this to the end.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Mr_Autoshades posted:

What's that Yellow Island in the north of Brazil, Ibriz?

edit: Also even in the darkest times some comedy can shine through, New England owns the Falklands.

Yep. We used to own it way back when, but the Celts stole it from in one of our wars. Then, in their recent war with the Celts, Ibriz forced them to return it to us and renounce their claims, so I just ceded it to Ibriz during the collapse of Al Andalus.

ZearothK posted:

C.

Hashim, did the successor states inherit al-Andalus' ideas (and selected groups)? Because I think that could be a big factor if they're distinct in their sets.

I haven't checked that yet, but I don't think so. Even if they did, I'll be changing it around so it makes sense, so Qurtubah would get Religious Ideas rather than tolerance, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
C for Qadis!