Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really wanna play Viva Pinata but don't want to find my Xbox and hook it up. I'm pretty sure the one I have doesn't even work anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

glam rock hamhock posted:

I have problems work the game but overall I enjoy it as a game that [...] attributes beloved anime waifu tropes a sign of severe depression, mental illness or abuse

I feel like Analogue A Hate Story would have pulled that off well if the sequel hadn't kept using those tropes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I really wanna play Viva Pinata but don't want to find my Xbox and hook it up. I'm pretty sure the one I have doesn't even work anymore.
the PC port was okay, but it is the original and not TIP

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Internet Kraken posted:

there's a pc port of viva pinata. not the sequel tho

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

Undertale is terrible, dude
Any game with my boy Papyrus can't be possibly be bad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

You are very wrong

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ah poo poo corn you said the magic words. i hope your MDF is high enough to weather the imminent vicious unfounded personal attacks

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

ah poo poo corn you said the magic words. i hope your MDF is high enough to weather the imminent vicious unfounded personal attacks

what a dumb-head

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Get this vicious personal attack: Undertale is an above-average video game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I liked what i played but i never finished and dont care

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The discussion around Undertale has been generally interesting and I'm glad that people enjoy it, but it's not for me :)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

*blows dust off book revealing the title "2015 encyclopedia of memes"* ah here it is... Blunderfail

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The White Dragon posted:

I heard he likes asscreed, the bad kind of game

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CJacobs posted:

Get this: Undertale is a video game

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Get this: Undertale is

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Accordion Man posted:

That's one of the reasons Undertale is so great. It's definitely meta but its still works to try and make you care about its characters and doesn't completely rely on being meta. It's a very genuine game.

Doki Doki on the other hand is meta just to be edgy and barely has anything interesting to say.

that's how i ended up feeling. but hey, at least it's free.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i enjoyed both undertale AND ddlc

tbh i enjoy most games i play because enjoying is fun

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

disturbing post

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Undertale was a decent game that got disgustingly hyped up by an insane fanbase.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I finished owl boy. bad game, bad story, very pretty spritework.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

Undertale was a decent game that got disgustingly hyped up by an insane fanbase.

I used to think that but when I replayed it recently I changed my mind. I still think the story is overhyped in a sense, but the actual experience of playing the game is incredibly clever and good.

e: actually tbf i haven't really looked at the fanbase too much though so it's definitely possible

e2: where the hell is bill? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aErNjERoLJM

e3: I'm writing an article about how Twitch doesn't care about people who stream copyrighted music during their streams, but my opinion on that is basically "shut up or put up". It doesn't bother me too much on an ethical level (college and pirate radio stations don't pay artists or labels, and I've been a DJ at both) but it's an interesting edge case scenario

precision fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 12, 2017

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

CJacobs posted:

this: Undertale

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

precision posted:

e3: I'm writing an article about how Twitch doesn't care about people who stream copyrighted music during their streams, but my opinion on that is basically "shut up or put up". It doesn't bother me too much on an ethical level (college and pirate radio stations don't pay artists or labels, and I've been a DJ at both) but it's an interesting edge case scenario
They mute audio on stream archives and VODs after the fact, similar to Youtube. It's not a perfect system though - I follow a guy who streams a lot of random arcade games via MAME, and occasionally his stream archives will be muted because he played a game that had an official soundtrack release in Japan that the system recognises.

I'm not sure how you'd detect that stuff "live" and deal with it without false positives or game soundtrack detection loving things up for people.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

homeless snail posted:

the PC port was okay, but it is the original and not TIP

Oh that's neat. I'd rather play TiP since I never really got a chance too as a kid but I have plenty of nostalgia for the original.

When I get home I need to check to see if the disc drive on my PC even works though. I think its been 3 years since I used it last :regd09:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Kins posted:

I'm not sure how you'd detect that stuff "live" and deal with it without false positives or game soundtrack detection loving things up for people.

Doesn't Twitch make enough money to have people who can respond to and review reports in real time, or at least within an hour or two?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

undertale parts that were good: the music. all the mettaton stuff. the writing in general. i liked the shmup combat stuff too. c'ya

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's okay to not like things

as long as you aren't a jerk about it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision posted:

Doesn't Twitch make enough money to have people who can respond to and review reports in real time, or at least within an hour or two?

Or, alternately, if they get reports of someone doing it (especially a streamer with tons of viewers), can't they put someone on detail to watch that person's next stream and issue them a warning or cut off their support?

From everything I can find, the real issue is that Twitch doesn't give a single gently caress about it, which is a subset of how people these days expect music to just "be free" without considering that people make their living producing music. (That's the real thrust of the article.)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Undertale is really really really good but like everything that exists it's not for everyone

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to viciously berate everyone who likes unreal 2: the awakening

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Undertale is really really really good but like everything that exists it's not for everyone

:yeah:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

It's okay to not like things

as long as you aren't a jerk about it
what if you like being a jerk

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

Then gently caress you ya jerk

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

Unless you're exclusively a jerk to people who deserve it (eg Nazis) it's indicative of some psychological issues you'll hopefully grow out of.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

Unless you're exclusively a jerk to people who deserve it (eg Nazis) it's indicative of some psychological issues you'll hopefully grow out of.
its okay to not like jerks, as long as you're not a jerk about it :twisted:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Undertale had some very neat ideas but things like Alphys, the music, the combat and the fanbase were all reasons I ended up not liking it much.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

homeless snail posted:

Being a jerk is the only thing I like more than hating Undertale.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Please don't jerk off to Undertale hatred

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

precision posted:

What website is this, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The Kins posted:

What website is this, again?

it's forums.somethingawful.com

• Locked thread