Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Nate RFB posted:

Definitely glad folks were talking about taking advantage of Mash's zero cost, gave me the foresight to pull off this:

Like I get around 10 or so average per 40ap with 1 support poster girl. With that setup, that's like an extra 25 hiragumos. So for that 40ap, I spend an equivalent of 140ap.

Poster girls sure are nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

The power of :10bux:.
I won't deny dolphining for this dumb game when it was in my budget, but in general I had set aside 300 quartz for GUDAGUDA so it was definitely a lucky run in general. I did some gamepress test rolls ahead of time and in that same amount of quartz I would get anywhere from 12 Poster Girls to none and everything in between.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

cyxx posted:

Like I get around 10 or so average per 40ap with 1 support poster girl. With that setup, that's like an extra 25 hiragumos. So for that 40ap, I spend an equivalent of 140ap.

Poster girls sure are nice!
To be fair they will get slightly less useful as the later events come out. By the end the Archer 40AP should drop around 30 hiragumo with 1 poster girl, while another 5 CEs will still only add 25.

But yes, making the events difficult to farm unless you roll heavily on the gatcha is one of the game's more nakedly money-grubbing aspects.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Definitely glad folks were talking about taking advantage of Mash's zero cost, gave me the foresight to pull off this:

Why do you have to taunt us so.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gently caress this game so hard right now.

I do a multi, second card is a silver Saber card, but wait! It's sparking and turning gold!
Am I actually going to get Okita!?

gently caress no! It's d'Eon! :fuckoff:

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I got spooked by D'Eon too friend. But I've learned to appreciate her. Just watch her new animations over and over again

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Oh boy, rerolled a few times while I did other stuff and wound up with Emiya and Chevalier. I think that'll do.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I feel like im loving up since I only have 200,000ish points.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's not abnormal, I've got okita and I'm just a bit shy of 250k. It's too early to be worried about grinding with the quest setup anyway.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

NRVNQSR posted:

Once again, no-one should be worried about Honnoji points. Based on the maths I've seen I'm pretty sure you could start from 0 now with no Okita and no Emiya, buy no CEs and still hit 1.5M by the end of the event.

On the other hand if you don't have multiple of the 5* gatcha CE it seems like 2000 or so Hiragumos will probably be the limit without apples even if you do nothing else, so some people may have to make some hard choices about which of their children get fed.

There's so much conflicting information flying around I don't know what to believe. I have no poster girls, but for the past couple of days I've just been doing the 10 and 20ap after being told that the later 40ap quests have such improved drops that it's not hard to clear the shop even without the CEs. Now I see this post and I'm worried I've hosed myself

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Suaimhneas posted:

There's so much conflicting information flying around I don't know what to believe. I have no poster girls, but for the past couple of days I've just been doing the 10 and 20ap after being told that the later 40ap quests have such improved drops that it's not hard to clear the shop even without the CEs. Now I see this post and I'm worried I've hosed myself

If you need the blue bowls of goo, now is the best time to farm for them since the higher yielding 40 AP quests aren't out yet. So regardless of whether you can buy out everything in the shop, you're still farming at max efficiency.

I've been doing the Berserker 40 AP quest for Claw drops. I need 9 claws for Scathach who will definitely come home and a bunch more for Carmilla, Martha and Cu. For me, every claw that drops is 40 hiragumos that I don't have to spend in the store.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Yeah, getting what you need from the Nasu and Chawan shops first is definitely still the right strategy.

The 40APs do get a lot better than the current ones but the shop is very, very expensive. The absolute best 40AP which only appears on the last couple of days seems to have basically fixed drops; 38 Hiragumo plus 8 per CE. Even if you could somehow farm that with 1 CE for the entire event it would only just give you enough to clear the Hiragumo shop, and you still wouldn't have any AP left for the the Nasu and Chawan shops.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Nate RFB posted:

You could've had Okita be NP lv 2 and taunt us with that instead of two of them at once you embler wasting monster.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

cyxx posted:

I got spooked by D'Eon too friend. But I've learned to appreciate her. Just watch her new animations over and over again

To hell with that, I'm trying to get a Saberface collection going.
Unfortunately, all I have is Saber Lily and Nero since I'm not one of the golden children who pulls four different 5* cards in a given multi.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
At least you have a 4 star saber

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

You could've had Okita be NP lv 2 and taunt us with that instead of two of them at once you embler wasting monster.

One of them's a support, you can't field two of the same servant.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is today/night when we get a new 40?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

TheFireMagi posted:

you can't field two of the same servant.

which is for the best really. I'd run 6 Heracles if the game let me, and I have a feeling that wouldn't be the most effective lineup ever constructed

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hey, eventually they'd all get that guts CE and last a decent number of rounds. :v:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
make your own 12 Labors.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
If I don’t care about the craft essence would two of them up to 340% be enough for all the points I need?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a kitten posted:

Is today/night when we get a new 40?

Should have the Assassin one pop tonight, yeah.

And that'll let me fully ascend Hassan :3:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Going forward, what's the best plan for building up a team? Should I be trying to get at least one servant of each Class leveled up, or should I just focus on building up my best servants even if that means having like 4 archers and 0 lancers? And if the former, does George really count or would I want a another Rider who can actually do damage to casters?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I think it's enough for me right now just to see Okita and Lance chain off of each other, it's kind of amazing to actually get a synergy like that going as a pure welfare player. and actually has me interested in the game again just to refine that little star-farming strategy instead of just relying on "Waver's berserker train".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I think it's enough for me right now just to see Okita and Lance chain off of each other, it's kind of amazing to actually get a synergy like that going as a pure welfare player. and actually has me interested in the game again just to refine that little star-farming strategy instead of just relying on "Waver's berserker train".

That was me with Arts setups after getting Tamamo. I also got Okita, so I'm looking foward to trying out proper Crit Teams when this event is over.

Barring class advantages I'm thinking:

Front:
Okita
Nobu (for Demon King)
Support (Drake, Jack, maybe a second Okita? :v:)

Back:
Hans (useful support + crit buffs and star gen skill)
Cursed Arm Hassan (Star gen)
Cu Chullain (the ever present backup)

What are some other useful Crit based servants, preferably 3* or less for ease of access.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 12, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

Should have the Assassin one pop tonight, yeah.

And that'll let me fully ascend Hassan :3:

It sure did. Have fun with maximum cursed arm!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so I threw my login ticket at the rate up, and pulled goddamn seig.

I am now something like 1-10 for actually getting a gold rate up servant from a rate up banner.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

Going forward, what's the best plan for building up a team? Should I be trying to get at least one servant of each Class leveled up, or should I just focus on building up my best servants even if that means having like 4 archers and 0 lancers? And if the former, does George really count or would I want a another Rider who can actually do damage to casters?

You'll want to level a couple servants from each class, generally, so that you have options for exploiting most type weaknesses. Don't just focus on the "best" servants - some lower-rank servants are really good in certain situations, and they're quite cheap to level. You probably want to level George for his general tankiness, and you'd also want to level another Rider for beating up Casters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

so I threw my login ticket at the rate up, and pulled goddamn seig.

I am now something like 1-10 for actually getting a gold rate up servant from a rate up banner.

I got 3 star CE's and my 6th proto Cu

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Mmm, I have no good casters for this assassin fest.

TicalStal
Apr 23, 2004
I promised America to the Fuhrer!

ZiegeDame posted:

Arthur SA, why would you bless me with the bounty of a Poster Girl Okita only to yank her away after only one run.

Sorry! I usually change her to gudao around the time new 1 stam dailies start but I’ll make her poster girl for good

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Medea has earned a grail after stabbing Mata Hari four times in a row.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

TicalStal posted:

Sorry! I usually change her to gudao around the time new 1 stam dailies start but I’ll make her poster girl for good

Well I have a less desperate need at the moment, but it's still appreciated having a swole Okita with the Poster Girl for these new 40APs.

That poo poo is starting to get rough, and I'm not sure it's even worth trying the Rider stage. Maybe if I blew my command seals I could at least get the one clear? How exactly does that work? If I use the 3 seals is that all 6 of my servants back at full health with full NP? Do the enemies stay as they were, or do they get reset as well? What about skills?
The only way I'm getting Mata Hari down is because her NP doesn't do any damage so I'm free to take 18-20 rounds taking mostly chip damage from the Nobus as an endless procession of sacrificial tanks come in from my back line and Medea breaks all the rules.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

ZiegeDame posted:

Well I have a less desperate need at the moment, but it's still appreciated having a swole Okita with the Poster Girl for these new 40APs.

That poo poo is starting to get rough, and I'm not sure it's even worth trying the Rider stage. Maybe if I blew my command seals I could at least get the one clear? How exactly does that work? If I use the 3 seals is that all 6 of my servants back at full health with full NP? Do the enemies stay as they were, or do they get reset as well? What about skills?
The only way I'm getting Mata Hari down is because her NP doesn't do any damage so I'm free to take 18-20 rounds taking mostly chip damage from the Nobus as an endless procession of sacrificial tanks come in from my back line and Medea breaks all the rules.

Blowing your 3 command seals restores all of your Servants to full health as well as giving then 100% NP, but doesn't reset the enemies so if you really need to clear, you can. Of course, you need to wait 3 days for the next time.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Marogareh posted:

Medea has earned a grail after stabbing Mata Hari four times in a row.

Tomorrow once my AP come back I think I'm going to roll in there with her, Tamamo, and someone's Waver and just spam Rule Breaker like 800 times.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

ZiegeDame posted:

That poo poo is starting to get rough, and I'm not sure it's even worth trying the Rider stage.

I wasn't able to clear any of the more difficult quests in the halloween event.... Now, my servants are a bit stronger, now, being around level 40 instead of 20-30, but I'm still expecting to hit a wall soon.

EDIT: Man Nobu's bond grows slowly. C'mon, the creepy murder clown is already bond level 5 from tagging along in the back-line, but you're only barely warming up to me?

Crasical fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 12, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

If I don’t care about the craft essence would two of them up to 340% be enough for all the points I need?

How are you adding up to 340% with two CEs?

Anyway, the answer probably depends on whether your bonus servants are high enough level to run the hardest 40AP quests. The more ringers you have to bring in the more CEs you'll need to make up the difference.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo that came down to the wire. The hubris of not bringing a caster I imagine. Emiya bought it against the second round ghost thanks a bunch of crits and thus I couldn't unleash UBW and count on those stars to take out Mata Hari. However thanks to Mata Hari being such an awful servant she and the Nobus still only gradually plunked away at Okita's health for long enough for her to unleash her NP three times.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Nate RFB posted:

Holy poo poo that came down to the wire. The hubris of not bringing a caster I imagine. Emiya bought it against the second round ghost thanks a bunch of crits and thus I couldn't unleash UBW and count on those stars to take out Mata Hari. However thanks to Mata Hari being such an awful servant she and the Nobus still only gradually plunked away at Okita's health for long enough for her to unleash her NP three times.

If you have Medea fully levelled at 3rd ascension or better she can pretty much solo the whole quest, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Okita/Jeanne/Tamamo might not have been the most time efficient team for the new quest, but they certainly got the job done. First time I actually got the overcharge on Jeanne's NP because of how long it took.