Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

BlueberryCanary posted:

i hate to break it but DJT is a butt

he is a big fat sad orange butt

and he tweets with his rear end

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ague Proof posted:

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/929541504187686912

Jeb has made a coup. The White House belongs to BUSH once more.

haha hey remember when he agreed with the muslim ban and when reporters asked how he’d craft a policy that actually determined who was of a certain faith and he just got flustered and said ‘we’ll know’

he shoulda just doubled down and screamed like trump did maybe he would have won the primary

don’t let anyone white wash this fucker ever. he was just as bad as trump- just more polite

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

FizFashizzle posted:

That was some sons of liberty bullshit.

We're just living through the final codecs of the MGS 2 Tanker Chapter on loop.

We'll know we're reaching the end if Donny starts screaming for scissors.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Office Pig posted:

Donald Trump never implemented Russian sanctions.
https://twitter.com/KThomasDC/status/929561721668341760
Donald Trump got up on stage and farted into a bullhorn.

*DJT pulls himself away from Putin's dick, as saliva dribbles down his mouth* "I don't understand, why does everyone think I'm in bed with the Russians?"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

BlueberryCanary posted:

i hate to break it but DJT is a butt

he is a big fat sad orange butt

and he tweets with his rear end

A president who tweet from he own rear end, a shameful president

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Note: peregruzka does not mean "overcharged", it means "overloaded". So the explanation of the wrong meaning of the button gets it wrong, too

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Aeka 2.0 posted:

gently caress this person. I was fondled by my male babysitter when I was five. I'm a 38 year old male and this is the first time I've ever said anything.

People are loathsome.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Donald Trump did not go on twitter and get butt sad that KJU called him fat.

No, that did not happen.

That was some sons of liberty bullshit.

He didn't cause KJU didn't call him fat.

He called him old.

And DJT is Old. And also fat as gently caress.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

But if it was a Democrat she'd be leading the crowd in chants over it no matter how old and even if the guy served time for it. These party first assholes need to go loving die in a sewer all ready. They've spent decades loving over everyone

Office Pig posted:

He says five minutes before insulting another country/world leader. What a loving sham
There should be a law, presidents that fall under a set approval rating should be drug outside and kicked to death by the masses

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 12, 2017

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Does Donald Trump know he'll die someday?

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

bobjr posted:

He can only die if he uses up the finite amount of energy contained within his body from birth by doing things like exercising and using stairs. So he knows he will live for a long, long time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Office Pig posted:

curious what putin said to send him on this tangent again.

bobjr posted:

i honestly don't know.

EDIT

also mcains tumor said things. http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/john-mccain-donald-trump-russia/index.html

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/929356123588710400

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

haha hey remember when he agreed with the muslim ban and when reporters asked how he’d craft a policy that actually determined who was of a certain faith and he just got flustered and said ‘we’ll know’

he shoulda just doubled down and screamed like trump did maybe he would have won the primary

don’t let anyone white wash this fucker ever. he was just as bad as trump- just more polite

Displaying him in a position where he appears to be a successful at anything is humor. I draw my own conclusions. Yeah gently caress him, but it's REALLY easy to make absurd fun of him. Must be genetic. :colbert:
With all these absolutely disgusting monsters, it's nice to have a punching bag.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

quote:

Mark Zuckerberg sounded a warning on Friday about the social and political fragmentation caused by America’s opioid crisis, as he ended a nationwide tour to understand the forces that had put Donald Trump in the White House.

At one point the Facebook chief executive officer choked up as he talked about the effects of opioid addiction, adding: “This stuff is really upsetting to talk about.”

His comments followed a year in which he had promised to visit all corners of the US to get out of his normal “bubble”. The well-publicised visits around the country prompted speculation that Mr Zuckerberg was considering a future presidential bid, and while he has said he is not planning a run, he has not explicitly ruled it out in future.

In a discussion at the University of Kansas on Friday, the Facebook boss offered what amounted to a “State of the Union” commentary on what he had discovered about social conditions in the US.

Besides the devastating impact of the opioid epidemic — which he described as the single biggest surprise — he also highlighted the lost jobs and uncertainty caused by technology and free trade.

Referring to the opioid crisis, he said: “One of the things that struck me, that I don’t think we all fully internalise, is how this epidemic has affected people’s attitudes more broadly on policy issues.”

The effects of watching people they know succumb to addiction had made many Americans more fearful about crime and supporters of stronger border defences to stop drugs to come into the country, he suggested.

Meanwhile, referring to the impact of technological advances, he said: “We’re also starting to see they’ve left a lot of people behind. There’s a big gap in the country, and it’s getting bigger . . . I think that’s at the heart of a lot of the politically divisive debates that we have.”

The comments revealed a darker perspective compared to Mr Zuckerberg’s normally upbeat public discussions. But he still said he was optimistic that the issues that had caused the deep social divisions could be overcome, and that building stronger local communities was a key.

The Facebook founder was not challenged on the extent to which the social network had itself been to blame for the deepening social division or social fragmentation. It has come under intense fire in Washington for failing to block Russian attempts to influence last year’s election.

However, he repeated recent promises to make building stronger local communities Facebook’s main goal, and said that the company was intent on helping to prevent foreign influence in future elections.

omg shutttt upppp

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Alabama governor is not postponing the election, apparently....

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/929431280802041858

Moore is hosed

Until Alabama has the decency to the do the right thing for once in it's miserable existence, I'm going to continue to assume we'll all be listening to dueling banjos as we squeal like pigs on the 12th.

Vladimir Putin posted:

How old is everyone here that they don’t remember the first few days of Obama’s presidency?

Trump has been president for decades now and there is no joy left in this sad world, why would anyone remember an extremely obscure incident from the long forgotten first days of the Obama administration that didn't even merit an Arugula Gate level of Fox News panic?

bobjr posted:

Of course he does, and that's why he's doing his level best to make sure we all die first.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The spin on TD and Breitbart with regards to Trump's latest tweets about Russia and Korea is that he is the funniest person in the world.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

namaste faggots posted:

omg shutttt upppp

Jesus loving christ Zuck.

*No One Wants You To Be President*

Violator
May 15, 2003

quote:

At one point the Facebook chief executive officer choked up as he talked about the effects of opioid addiction, adding: “This stuff is really upsetting to talk about.”

I can only imagine what that looked like.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Violator posted:

I can only imagine what that looked like.

e: Wait no this one

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Aeka 2.0 posted:

gently caress this person. I was fondled by my male babysitter when I was five. I'm a 38 year old male and this is the first time I've ever said anything.

Hey. You may not want this to become a big thing in this thread, but I wanted to say, as someone who was also abused as a boy by an older man, that it takes a lot to say it, even in so anonymized a location as this place. I won't hit you with shitloads of pep talk, just to say you done good to make it for three decades with this weight, and I hope you've found and continue to find a way to not let it have too big an influence over you.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

namaste faggots posted:

omg shutttt upppp

Jesus Christ, of all the things how do you pick opioids as the cause of political fragmentation? Which isn't even what's happening, society isn't fragmenting it's polarizing. We do this every few decades, and it's very ugly, but I don't think opioids are the continuing cause.

Unless you want to argue that the chaos of the mid 1800s was opium and then heroin hosed us all up in the mid 1900s and now we're succumbing to that hard core oxy polarization. Which would be an interesting paper and all, but please don't try and pin it on the Chinese bringing their opium over and the African Americans swamping us in heroin followed by Mexican Oxy Cartels.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 12, 2017

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
how did this motherfucker get into harvard

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

namaste faggots posted:

Probably bags of money

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

namaste faggots posted:

BattleMaster posted:

Probably bags of money

ivies.txt

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

namaste faggots posted:

omg shutttt upppp

You are totally right, Zuck. Facebook (i.e. technology) is totally responsible for a lot of the polarization in this country. Oh and acting as an agent of a foreign government to undermine our elections.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

gently caress's sake Zuck you useless sack of spunk, opioids are a symptom of societal problems not a loving cause.

And I sincerely doubt he's got the first notion of how/why technology is changing the world, he's just a silicon valley tech bro so he assumes it to be so. If he was a farmer he'd be talking about how the state of the world's down to opioids and GMOs. I mean, I believe technology is a fundamental fulcrum of human society and yadda yadda but I'd like to think that conclusion is at least partly because I've read about it and thought about it and poo poo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
He is the oldest and second fattest president ever though right

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/929551200361607168

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Someone needs to put their hands around Zuckerberg's soft pink toothpaste tube of a neck and squeeze until they hear something go pop.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Cnn had an iOS alert saying trump shot himself in the foot and I love this timeline is to the point I knew they meant metaphorically but I still clicked because I don’t feel lik3 I know for sure anymore that trump wouldn’t just shoot his own feet

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

:aaa:

I..

Hope is a lie still, right?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

dont get your hopes up

that's a good way to get disappointed

better to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

namaste faggots posted:

omg shutttt upppp

Zuckerberg: :thunk: What is it that could be making Americans racist....? Could it be that Americans have been racist all along? No! It must be heroin. Vote for me!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

voltroon posted:

Zuckerberg: :thunk: What is it that could be making Americans racist....? Could it be that Americans have been racist all along? No! It must be heroin. Vote for me!

He's not wrong that the opioid epidemic and job loss through automation are big deals.

It's just those probably are not the causal factors of political polarization you dipshit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Calaveron posted:

He is the oldest and second fattest president ever though right

He's the oldest at time of election, but God Emperor Reagan was 77 when he shambled out of office. As for fattest, I'd argue that Donny is actually number one with a fried chicken wing.

Taft was only over 300 twice and spent most of his time around 250, which is about what Donny lies his weight to be. Taft was shorter though, being just 5'11''.

Edit:
Of course there's a history and chart nerd who made a graph of Taft's weight.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Cnn had an iOS alert saying trump shot himself in the foot and I love this timeline is to the point I knew they meant metaphorically but I still clicked because I don’t feel lik3 I know for sure anymore that trump wouldn’t just shoot his own feet

I don't know if I've ever seen footage of Trump with a gun. Even Obama had those pictures of him skeet shooting once.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I feel like I'm in a perpetual face palm these days.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hi I'm Mark Zuckerberg and let me tell you why Facebook isn't at fault for anything, ever.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
There ain't no war but the class war. Never forget that Zuck you pasty friendless robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Mister Adequate posted:

Hey. You may not want this to become a big thing in this thread, but I wanted to say, as someone who was also abused as a boy by an older man, that it takes a lot to say it, even in so anonymized a location as this place. I won't hit you with shitloads of pep talk, just to say you done good to make it for three decades with this weight, and I hope you've found and continue to find a way to not let it have too big an influence over you.

It feels like the act happened to someone else most of the time. My day to day life is normal but since people are mocking the #metoo people and others saying "why did it take so long?" Those things bring me closer to those moments I mostly forgot or buried within. It enrages me.

• Locked thread