Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The_Doctor posted:

I figure, like most Walgreens exclusives, you'll be able to just wander into any Walgreens in a few months and they'll just be sitting there on shelves.

I picked mine up at the Walgreens in downtown Seattle. They never get ANY exclusives so I’m going to optimistically say that if I found a set there, they will be everywhere.

(They still have a few as if this writing if any Seattle people are hunting.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He's beautiful.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/11/11/mpm-05-movie-masterpiece-barricade-official-images-353404

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I picked mine up at the Walgreens in downtown Seattle. They never get ANY exclusives so I’m going to optimistically say that if I found a set there, they will be everywhere.

(They still have a few as if this writing if any Seattle people are hunting.)

Don't suppose you'd be able to grab one to ship, would ya? I've checked my local one for a week and nothing. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Don't suppose you'd be able to grab one to ship, would ya? I've checked my local one for a week and nothing. :v:

Get in line jerk.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Guys I really thought about it and want to help but I’m mildly poor and way too busy to reliably commit. I’ll still gladly give away the autobot from the set to anyone that sends me a self-addressed stamped envelope.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I didn’t appreciate the size difference until now between the Wei Jiang and MP-36. That’s one big bot.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ewwwwww, the lower half is vile.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I forgot all about him, turns out I prepaid for him in full months ago. That's pretty exciting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have the IF KO of MP-36 locked in at $75, I need to order that WJ Megs but I've gotten a bit out of hand of late and I still have a bunch of wedding poo poo to pay for.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I saw the movie masterpiece Optimus and bumblebee at toys r us the other day. Are they worth the money?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sentinel Red posted:

Ewwwwww, the lower half is vile.

Yeah those legs and feet are garbage.

Barricade's not looking too great, either.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 11, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TR deluxes are on sale at the one GTA walmart I visit. Picked up Misfire and Twin Twist for 25% off.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spiderdrake posted:

TR deluxes are on sale at the one GTA walmart I visit. Picked up Misfire and Twin Twist for 25% off.

So jealous.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

At TRU yesterday all Transformers stuff was buy 2 get one free, but I didn't have anything I wanted. Still, if you have a decently stocked TRU nearby and you're behind a few waves...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I saw the movie masterpiece Optimus and bumblebee at toys r us the other day. Are they worth the money?

Yes.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rubiks Pubes posted:

No!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a KO of the MPM Bee that by all reports has far superior paint.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rubiks Pubes posted:

They're fuckin incredible.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Get in line jerk.

I didn't see anybody else ask. :(

That Masterpiece Barricade. As great as Optimus and Bumblebee are I've owned a bunch of them over the years. But Barricade? I think this might be a getter.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Spiderdrake posted:

Any chance you could puck up a few Twintwists to send over? He still hasn't reached Ireland at all.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Oh dear. Power of the Primes deluxes have started showing up at Target's in Arizona and Texas.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh dear. Power of the Primes deluxes have started showing up at Target's in Arizona and Texas.

Whereabouts in Arizona?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

They're both great.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The terrorcons were gifted to me as a kid, but I never got the whole gestalt happening, looks like the power of the primes line might allow that - are they combiners?

Also stoked to get an updated Sludge, the geewun is stashed away in my collection.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Yeah, they combine!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Xenomrph posted:

Whereabouts in Arizona?

Go coconuts my dude, this should be correct

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=087-06-5863

85613 Sierra Vista AZ

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

strangehamster posted:

Go coconuts my dude, this should be correct

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=087-06-5863

85613 Sierra Vista AZ
Are we sure PotP got a new DCPI, and didn't just inherit TR's? I thought that's what happened with the CW/TR transition.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jazz and Dreadwing were found in AZ. Slug and Swoop were found in Texas.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Knormal posted:

Are we sure PotP got a new DCPI, and didn't just inherit TR's? I thought that's what happened with the CW/TR transition.

I read the receipt so....

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

According to the woman who manages the toy section at the Target near here, it is a new DCPI. Looks like they'll get them overnight and have them on the pegs when the store opens tomorrow.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I look forward to the realization some number of figures in this wave are alpha bravo retools. He is the Alpha, and the Bravo, and possibly Slug or Moonracer. Or Jazz.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jazz

Stinger and a little bit of Blackout from the 2018 movie toyline.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh that Jazz looks bad. I wish they hadn’t gone back to the Combiner Wars well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Oh that Jazz looks bad. I wish they hadn’t gone back to the Combiner Wars well.

Yeah, and I was looking forwards to owning a G1-looking Jazz for once. I guess I'm going to wait for the reviews to make the final decision on that one. And that probably counts for the rest of the line except few big names (Elita-1, Rodimus).

Also, I'm not sure PMs are working? Sent you a couple but got no reply.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
My main takeaway from them Dinobot pics is that Optimus Primal is way too small

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I don’t even recall the last time I was this excited for a toy. Maybe never? This looks so loving great.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, the raptor isn’t perfect by a long shot (boy are they hiding shots of that rear end for all they’re worth) but from what you guys showed me of the original toys, the animation models and the challenge they were up against, I can’t really see how anyone not love the poo poo out of that. Even I’m sorely tempted to get him (and the other two) after seeing that group pic.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Keldroc posted:

According to the woman who manages the toy section at the Target near here, it is a new DCPI. Looks like they'll get them overnight and have them on the pegs when the store opens tomorrow.

Is this likely across the US or are you guys still regional to where these were found?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
With the context that dinobot's animation model and transformation is essentially physically impossible, this is surprisingly well done in beast mode. And his robot mode is basically perfect. Also, eyelaser bits and a golden disc!