Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I bought the digital version from Avatar’s own website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

BigglesSWE posted:

I bought the digital version from Avatar’s own website.

weird, when i went there on thursday it was giving the 25 november date that print has as well. all good now, thanks for alerting me to this.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
good issue. it was nice to see leah able to do something other than brooding. her putting up churchill's victory hand sign was fantastic.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Interview with Grant Morrison on the next Klaus one-shot.
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/11/exclusive-first-look-grant-morrison-pits-klaus-aga.html

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Has anyone continued reading Copra? Did Michel Fiffe wrap it up? I read the first two TPBs, as a fellow fan of John Ostrander's Suicide Squad, but I wish I liked Copra more than I did.

It's interesting that all these indie guys like Fiffe and Ed Piskor love Liefeld so much. I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Scioli is a Liefeld fan too. I'm guessing they're all around the same age.

I'm subscribed, still reading it. Fiffe hasn't wrapped it up, he's continuously expanding it outwards into new places. Panel for panel, I think Copra is one of the best action comic books going right now. I hope that Bloodstrike doesn't cut into Copra's release schedule too much, although I'm going to buy it too, obviously.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finally got Uber Invasion 9. drat that was good.

Also never thought I'd say it but that poor Nazi bastard.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Synthbuttrange posted:

Finally got Uber Invasion 9. drat that was good.

Also never thought I'd say it but that poor Nazi bastard.

It was nice to have some catharsis. Although Italy is probably doomed.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
New Rock Candy Mountain, Tank Girl, and Fighting American are cool. Fighting American is a campier captain america, only on issue 2 :)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Kwyndig posted:

It was nice to have some catharsis. Although Italy is probably doomed.

Nah, to me it reads like the was is slowly moving to a standstill, and the aftermath of this would be the Allies taking back the initiative by force.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Did Rat Queens go through a soft reboot? When the last arc happened Hannah was in magical prison and her father was executed. Now he's alive and no one even seems to mention that Hannah was arrested and told her friends to gently caress off

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I went to Mega 64 game days, and Tyson Hesse was there selling his graphic novel. So I bought that and got it signed because why not?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Alhazred posted:

Did Rat Queens go through a soft reboot?

Yeah, they rebooted with a new artist (again) in ~March.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wicked + Divine

WHAT THE gently caress WODEN

Wh...

WHAT THE gently caress MINERVA

i dont know what's going on anymore

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1...pf_rd_i=desktop

Is Reborn by Mark Millar (the one linked above) any good?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's okay. Huck was a better recent Millar.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Huck rules!

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wicked + Divine

Wh...

loving
Woden!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wicked + Divine

Wh...

I did not see that coming.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I must confess that 1. I had been fooled! 2. I’d completely forgotten Mimirs earlier appearance several issues back.

Still it bears repeating. gently caress THAT WODEN.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Invincible: Well that was wrapped up pretty drat fast.

Also hahahahahahahahahahah at that last page.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm kind of curious how Invincible ended, but I don't want to read like 50 issues, anybody mind doing a quick summary?

-Edit Nevermind then

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 18, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm kind of curious how Invincible ended, but I don't want to read like 50 issues, anybody mind doing a quick summary?

It's got 3 issuses to go.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Fill a pink plastic bag with strawberry jam, then punch it as hard as you can.

That's the Invincible experience.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

-Edit Nevermind then

Several plot points have come to an end but there's still a few more.

Thragg:
Is dead after his army of quick breeding viltrumites turn against him when they're fighting against the coalition. Mark's dad dies from fatal injuries, and Thragg dies as Mark drags him into the sun. Mark's rescued by Robot drones at the last minute. They celebrate, and head back to earth, which is surrounded by...

ROBOT:
Does not intend to allow Mark to return home, coercing the other viltrumites into serving him by keeping their earth families hostage. Big fight, all the imprisoned heroes are busted out, and eventually Mark isolates Robot and drags him into space where they have a final chat about despite all the poo poo he's done, Robot still did a lot of good, a real heart to heart.

Then Mark punches his heart out. Later in the Pentagon, Mr Immortal is brought in as the new head of the whole gig, and Mark gives him a present to help continue the good works that Robot managed to do, just not do all the crap stuff: Robot's disembodied but still living brain. Robot says he's actually relieved that it's turned out this way.

Marky mark

Oh yeah Mark's rape baby grew up and is about the same age as his daughter. His mom/mark's rapist died in the Thraggfight. TO BE CONTINUED

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/ales_kot/status/932631049888260096

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't love Kot's writing but yeah I think I'll be buying that.

e: lol

https://twitter.com/ales_kot/status/932694095683903488

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
yeah he's full of himself and too on-the-nose, but no one else is working in his niche (that I know of)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does anyone know if there is going to be an Unsound #7? I found that series very interesting, and one I liked more than I thought I would (when something similar, House of Penance, was one I hated). However, the last issue seemed like they could have ended it there if it didn't sell well. I can't find anything on Booms website about #7, or about it being a 6 part mini.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I started reading Letter 44 and just bust out laughing imagining Trump in that situation.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I read Plutona and I was underwhelmed.

I thought it was full of kids being mean to each other and not enough growing up (I mean, they bury their friend but there's not much of a follow-through), also lol at Plutona not being actually dead.

I'd be more interested in an actual Plutona story, sans the kids.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I started reading Letter 44 and just bust out laughing imagining Trump in that situation.

Honestly, I'm not sure even he could handle some parts of it as badly as Blades does.

mid-series spoiler: World War III with Europe, loving lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
time to actually read some comics and also catch up to this thread...

I'm not sure at which point Wick+Div's aesthetic/characters/whole shtick went from something I was all about to something I found tedious and annoying but I'm really sad it happened. don't really find Laura interesting as a character at this point, just fuggin melodramatic and irritating
glad sakhmet's finally dead though, jfc. and the minerva twist is at least keeping my attention

I am enjoying Cursed Words, and I figure I'd like The Fix if I bothered catching up to it ever. Havent really bothered catching on to the second Uber series much, I remember liking the first one but it's almost like Wick+Div now where I'm not sure what happened (though I remember why I loved WickDiv, Uber just feels too grimdark and overly brutal for me)...starting Deadly Class, the first issue seems promising but reading all the posts people made about it makes me kinda leery

anyone reading Generation Gone? I really like ales kot (even though wolf or w/e didn't super do it for me) so I'm gonna check it out.

JordanKai posted:

Huck rules!
Huck's great yeah it's pretty much the only Millar I truly enjoyed

speak of the devil. I'm down.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Greg pak has John wick get into the initial fight with the bad guys cuz they hurt a cat. I think this will be a good book

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Does anybody know why the Hellboy omnibus' coming out next year are so cheap?

$25 a pop makes me wonder if there's some sort of catch, like being in black and white.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Roth posted:

$25 a pop makes me wonder if there's some sort of catch, like being in black and white.

Might be that they're printing it on cheap phonebook paper, like Marvel Epic Collections.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Roth posted:

They appear to be roughly the same as the B.P.R.P. paperback omnibus editions. Same size and price point. Those are printed well on good quality paper.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Just blindbought Sword of Ages 1 and it's pretty cool so far if you like sword/sorcery.

There's also Old Man Jack, a sequel to Big Trouble in little China. Pretty fun and bonkers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Again Uber Invasion is delayed a week on comixology?!

also:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I kinda wonder if Avatar books are consistently a week behind on Comixology, and it's just that no one here actually reads any other Avatar books to notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I thought these come out next week.
EDIT: I should ask. I'm a trade reader, so does anyone know if this special is set in the timeline of the comics? Or is it like the other two one-shots where they were their own separate stories?