Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is it too much to hope for that a Muslim Paradox LP turns out well? :(

Anyway, I'd vote for C: Qadis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

Yep. We used to own it way back when, but the Celts stole it from in one of our wars. Then, in their recent war with the Celts, Ibriz forced them to return it to us and renounce their claims, so I just ceded it to Ibriz during the collapse of Al Andalus.

Hey guys, remember when we had aspirations of being a colonial empire? :negative:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

I think Azerbaijan went reasonably well?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jeoh posted:

I think Azerbaijan went reasonably well?

Azerbaijan, which was conquered repeatedly by Russia and lost the world war by W.O.

I guess there was the Afghanistan LP that went well, but that died in the transition to EU4.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
C

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

CommissarMega posted:

To be fair, this Muslim Paradox LP is turning out great for Muslims overall.

Just uh

Not us.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Azerbaijan, which was conquered repeatedly by Russia and lost the world war by W.O.

I guess there was the Afghanistan LP that went well, but that died in the transition to EU4.

I'm still waiting for the DH conversion :colbert:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Captain Oblivious posted:

To be fair, this Muslim Paradox LP is turning out great for Muslims overall.

Just uh

Not us.

Except for the holy land, the crusaders pretty much won that one.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Who needs Mecca when you have Texas?

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord

Mantis42 posted:

Who needs Mecca when you have Texas?

Remember the Allah-Mu(hammad). :haw:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

ZearothK posted:

In AfghanLP, Islam never conquered India, and was thrown out of Iran and Iraq by Nestorian Timur. Northwest Africa was lost to Catholic Arabs. So it's not particularly great for Islam.

ByzLP went alright for Islam, I think. Speaking of, y'all remember the Deluge? That was a good time.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Voting C

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

In AfghanLP, Islam never conquered India, and was thrown out of Iran and Iraq by Nestorian Timur. Northwest Africa was lost to Catholic Arabs. So it's not particularly great for Islam.

ByzLP went alright for Islam, I think. Speaking of, y'all remember the Deluge? That was a good time.

I remember more the good days, but I reckon you'd have a more precise memory.

I feel the only runner-up to the FUBAR al-Andalus got into would be the Srbj LP during the more difficult times of the MESS (Middle Empire of Sacred Serbia).

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

ZearothK posted:

I remember more the good days, but I reckon you'd have a more precise memory.

I feel the only runner-up to the FUBAR al-Andalus got into would be the Srbj LP during the more difficult times of the MESS (Middle Empire of Sacred Serbia).

That pig was a great ruler i'll have you know!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Except for the holy land, the crusaders pretty much won that one.

Yeah well, if the 1800s-2000s play out anything like the OT they’re welcome to it. Have fun with that morons.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I am still disappointed that neither China nor Japan ever really managed to do anything interesting aside from the Red Turbans somehow conquering Korea and the Japanese getting conquered by Manchus.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
:siren:Vote closed!:siren: Option C has won handily, so it looks like we'll be continuing under the famously benevolent and competent leadership of the Majlis. Just to clear some things up though, this isn't going to be a republic, Qadis will be a ruled by an assembly of powerful nobles, puppet imams and very rich merchants (you know, those who haven't already fled to Ibriz), with pretty much every Grand Vizier for the foreseeable future being 'elected' from a small circle of aristocrats. We'll have to wait and see how sustainable this is in the long term.

Also, the other daughter states of Al Andalus will get a few different bonuses depending on how many votes they got. So for example, Qurtubah seems to have attracted the second-largest influx of former Majlis members, so they'll likely get some hefty bonuses relating to their theocratic government and the Mahdi. Granada, by contrast, will get pretty much nothing (they may even be hit with a few penalties, depending on how long the Mad Hunchback lives for).

Here's the final tally:

A - Granada - 1 - Zakrelo.

B - Qurtubah - 14 - Ibblebibble, Erwin the German, tunapirate, AJ_Impy, Chatrapati, crime, Flavius Belisarius, Mantis42, Hitlers Gay Secret, Slaan, mossyfisk, Mr.Morgenstern, Nine of Eight, Captain Oblivious.

C - Qadis - 33 - Lord Cyrahzax, Agean90, Pakled, Crazycryodude, Jeoh, tatankatonk, QuoProQuid, Archaeology Hat, McGavin, Yvonmukluk, unwantedplatypus, GunnerJ, Camoes, Rodyle, TheFlyingLlama, really queer Christmas, Bloody Pom, Ikasuhito, MinistryofLard, devildragon777, Lynneth, ZearothK, Aeromancia, Technowolf, edipil, Snipee, Talas, ThatBasqueGuy, Frionnel, kibaces, CommissarMega, frankenfreak, aqu.

D - Tulaytullah - 5 - mcclay, MaxieSatan, Soup du Jour, Luhood, Mountaineer.

E - Qattalun - 11 - Raserys, WilliamAnderson, Crisis Now, Mr_Autoshades, Patter Song, HiHo ChiRho, Ralepozozaxe, Danny Glands, ssmagus, catlord, The Bold Kobold.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Shouldn't factions be getting maluses from how many Maijis support them instead given our performance as administrators and advisors.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Hashim posted:

...Qadis will be a ruled by an assembly of powerful nobles, puppet imams and very rich merchants (you know, those who haven't already fled to Ibriz), with pretty much every Grand Vizier for the foreseeable future being 'elected' from a small circle of aristocrats.

Right, a republic.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

Right, a republic.

But with no pretensions of being representative of the population at large in any way. This is something more like the Dutch Republic, or arguably even the late Roman Republic.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

But with no pretensions of being representative of the population at large in any way. This is something more like the Dutch Republic, or arguably even the late Roman Republic.

I don't think any of the republics that existed during the EU period made any claims of representiveness, maybe Switzerland? I know virtually nothing about their internal politics.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I guess what I'm alluding to is a heavily corrupt republic in name only, as opposed to the more common EU4 merchant and administrative republics, where absolute power is held by the small group of nobles that spearheaded the overthrowing of the Jizrunids, each of which is likely going to be bribing, cajoling and threatening their way into powerful positions. These aristocrats are largely going to be based on Lord Cyrahzax and his backers, so I'll have to comb through their recent policies to figure out our early leaders of the Majlis.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Sounds like the perfect system to start a communist revolution against next century. Accelerationism hasn't failed us yet!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

I guess what I'm alluding to is a heavily corrupt republic in name only, as opposed to the more common EU4 merchant and administrative republics, where absolute power is held by the small group of nobles that spearheaded the overthrowing of the Jizrunids, each of which is likely going to be bribing, cajoling and threatening their way into powerful positions. These aristocrats are largely going to be based on Lord Cyrahzax and his backers, so I'll have to comb through their recent policies to figure out our early leaders of the Majlis.

:allears:

We can make this a Golden Age yet

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

im gonna leech as much money as i can off qadis as i can

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Welp, it's got the word "republic" in its name and its ruler isn't a hereditary monarch, and that's good enough for... now, let's go with "for now."

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Hashim posted:

A - Granada - 1 - Zakrelo.

You don't need numbers when Allah is on your side!

This is great.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hashim posted:

Isn't this basically the CK2 merchant republic system?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It really seems a lot like what the Polish aristocrats imagined their system to be (as opposed to the way it actually worked): A Sejm/Senate of the most powerful people in society who are running the country in collaboration, who occasionally pick one in their ranks to be a totally castrated "King" with little actual power. We don't have elements like electing foreign leaders to be our King or the Liberum Veto, but it still works.

Rousseau once said about Poland of this time "The aristocrats are everything, the townspeople are nothing, and the peasants are less than nothing." It sounds about right for what we're trying to do.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
What comes to my mind is a venetian republic, dominated by nobility, and an elected doge/vizier with some executive powers.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Hashim posted:

These aristocrats are largely going to be based on Lord Cyrahzax and his backers,

May he lead us strongly and proudly!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And may he remember who never once broke ranks in the whole history of this body!

Almanac
Mar 16, 2008

OLD SCHOOL
Great, so now we're modern Russia, except really small, passably Muslim, sort-of Renaissance, and with significantly better weather. Can we have a Gazprom faction, with an option to squander national ducats on foreign sports teams?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

So I've just played the next update and was having a look around the map...

rip manchus

rip bavaria

rip ibriz

I've decided that I'm gonna give the revolutionary government to any country that succumbs to Revolutionaries, rather than the typical republics or whatever for the non-revolutionary targets, mostly because it looks like the revolution is gonna take hold in ROTW moreso than in Europe.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Thats a lot of revolutionaries. What is this, Victoria 2?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I don't usually have the patience to play through the last century of eu4, so seeing 300k revolutionaries is so :psyduck: for me. I have no clue if this is normal

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Every continent can have its own Napoleon. This is great

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hashim posted:

rip ibriz

*Jumps up and down and waves arms frantically*

You were supposed to do that over here!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hashim posted:

I've decided that I'm gonna give the revolutionary government to any country that succumbs to Revolutionaries, rather than the typical republics or whatever for the non-revolutionary targets, mostly because it looks like the revolution is gonna take hold in ROTW moreso than in Europe.
loving awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Everyone gets revolutions except for Al Andalus, a fitting end