Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yea they won't even regain their full health when you respawn.

precision posted:

I guess it's semi-random.

Neither of these are true (Unless the latter means their location in their patrol was semi-random), or at least were not at all the case for me. I had to fight each Phylax from 100% health.

But enough of that. I have a good tip that I discovered that let me kill the 2nd to last phylax right quick:

When I reached him, he was supported by 3-4 archers that would not get off my case. In my desperation to shake them off, I sleep darted one and then when I assassinated them...I saw that I could chain assassinate the phylax! Of course, it wasn't an instant kill but each one took out about 1/4th of his total health, and I was 2 levels under him so that was a huge boon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Who decided to make the quest marker yellow against an all desert map

Ha, I admit to losing track of the marker on the map a few times because of this.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kin posted:

This includes items you need for a couple of the 'collect x item' quests. Yes, it is dumb.

How many quests like this are there and are they worth doing? I just got my first one and I hate it, I think I'll ignore them unless there's some great prize to be had for doing them

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

#JustDadJokes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ainsley McTree posted:

How many quests like this are there and are they worth doing? I just got my first one and I hate it, I think I'll ignore them unless there's some great prize to be had for doing them

AFAIK there are only two in the whole game, and in both cases the animals you need to kill for those parts are very close to where you get the quest.

It's still kinda dumb though, no argument there.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Still though, with the autocollect skill, I'm an incredibly disturbing whirlwind of animal slaughter everywhere I go, so the quests are pretty easy, and potentially fun if you want to mix it up a little.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Morter posted:

Neither of these are true (Unless the latter means their location in their patrol was semi-random), or at least were not at all the case for me. I had to fight each Phylax from 100% health.

I know it's true cuz the goddamned Iron Bull owned me like 3 times in quick succession and i kept respawning right on top of him. I decided I wanted to beat him legit from full health so I took off to fight the other Phylax in the area, "The Galatian". I started kicking his rear end and out of nowhere The Motherfucking Iron Bull rode up and murdered me on the spot :argh:

I think the health thing may have been because I was respawning on the exact campsite he was already hanging out at. it was weird and it's definitely the only time I've seen it happen.

I've also killed a Phylax and had the body disappear before I could confirm the kill because other soldiers kept showing up. Obviously i didnt get the reward and I had to go back later and kill him again after he respawned.

So anyway gently caress the Iron Bull, dude's a real jerk.

e]What'd they pach the chariot rewards to? cos $100 was such a joke.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 12, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
To advocate for the devil a bit, those quests might be in there to make dumb players understand they should be killing animals on the regular because you need tons of mats for upgrades and if you don't upgrade regularly the game actually gets challenging.

I think tonight I'm gonna give the Chariot Races another go. They're just so poorly designed (entirely due to the super finicky/wonky controls).

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The phylakes do disappear but i dont know what causes it. After i ranked up enough to hunt one down i had to reload the game to get him to appear. I also had one i was dodging disappear in memphis and was able to do a bunch of missions before he reappeared and i had already memorized his route so im sure he wasnt there, he wasnt showing with the eagle either.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Do forts respawn? Cos I'm having such a blast with them. There's definitely a Witcher 3 influence in this game but they also copied Farcry's bandit camps right down to the caged animals and fire spreading. It's so much fun stalking the gold commanders/captains and creating havoc by bursting open lion cages. I've been finding castle type forts and nothing feels more badass than completely stealthing big multi camps and slaughtering everyone with no alarms raised :black101:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also The Hill is kinda unfair (and original really The Hill? And his brother The Dog) because if you get hit by any of his moves that’s it you’re hosed enjoy getting combo’d to near death

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
This game is great so far. My only wish is that there is a crafting or cooking system which involves picking flowers and herbs. I liked that in Zelda and collecting stuff gives you something to do when you are just wandering around exploring

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Noirex posted:

Do forts respawn?

They will re-populate with dudes after time, yes. Though they won't get new Commanders or Captains.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

precision posted:

They will re-populate with dudes after time, yes. Though they won't get new Commanders or Captains.

Disappointing but understandable, I hope they change their minds in the future though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Noirex posted:

Disappointing but understandable, I hope they change their minds in the future though.

"Alright, you lads, go man that fort where everyone got horribly stabbed to death"
"Who's gonna be the boss?"
"Nobody. Unless you're volunteering? Didn't think so." :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Calaveron posted:

Also The Hill is kinda unfair (and original really The Hill? And his brother The Dog) because if you get hit by any of his moves that’s it you’re hosed enjoy getting combo’d to near death
Is that the twin blades one? He was by far the toughest so far and I ended up cheesing him from horseback.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I've tried this 2nd naval battle 20 times and it's really sucking all the good will out of the rest of the game. I can't go back to a prior stage of the battle and every time I spawn it's the big Mothership and two cronies, and my allies are mainly dead. Even setting it to Easy didn't do anything. I just want to be running around Egypt getting into sword fights, why won't this game let me do that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Sindai posted:

Is that the twin blades one? He was by far the toughest so far and I ended up cheesing him from horseback.

No, ax guy who drops an exotic ax

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How many quests have you guys got done? I've got 124 done and I'm 90% sure I have done every location on the map. I can't see any quests available anywhere. Apparently some people have done 125+. Does it count daily quests and revenge missions?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
lol, Crocodile turned out to be the easiest assassination ever for me. I was sneaking around trying to do the fort objectives when she suddenly wandered past the bushes I was in. Sorry childhood friend, but I'm not turning down a double assassination setup that perfect.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Sindai posted:

but I'm not turning down a double assassination setup that perfect.

Yeah I thought something really wrong happened when I got the 'Mask Target Kill cutscene' and then it warped back in, and I saw who it was. I was all :ohdear: when it suddenly warped to Current Time shenanigans and when I came back it was never spoken of again...That was a bit unsettling.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Some parts of this game feel really disjointed. Like i've just come across Nitria and i'm doing some of the sidequests and the impression i'm getting is that this was the Origin of Bayak "the assassin" in some way but it's just a mess.

I also came across the start of some kind of hallucination at the roads leading up into the hills west of Giza, but didn't make them out clearly and couldn't get them to lead me anywhere. Anyone else seen these and know what they're about?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'm not sure they ever actually lead anywhere, they just kinda gently caress you around like mirages do. I followed a red scarf flying around the desert and all it did was make me lost :shrug: I don't think they're actually tied to locations are they? I figured they just popped up at random anywhere hot enough.

e] I felt the same about the Heron stuff at Nitria, but that's about the only time in the game I felt like that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not that you'll be hurting for XP, but the skills that give you bonus XP are not loving around. The one that gives extra XP for Assassinations more than doubles the XP you get from them.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Okay so I killed Anubis (not spoiler, part of an event thing going on, for those not familiar) and I got a sword. I hear talk of people getting a full set though. Am I meant to fight him multiple times?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Morter posted:

Okay so I killed Anubis (not spoiler, part of an event thing going on, for those not familiar) and I got a sword. I hear talk of people getting a full set though. Am I meant to fight him multiple times?

It gives you the quest again afterward, so I got confused and thought now that I'd defeated him I need to investigate the glitch or something. This is not the case, if you approach the glitch again, it will start the fight over, and the only thing you will get for it is experience.

There is a set of gear, but I think we'll be getting the whole set over the coming weeks.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Have they said if the event is coming back? There shouldn't be timed content in single player games :argh:

(or any game, really)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I’d love to. But how?

Would also like to be able to pet cats.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cactus posted:

Have they said if the event is coming back? There shouldn't be timed content in single player games :argh:

(or any game, really)

Pretty sure these event bosses are on a rotation.

BigglesSWE posted:

I’d love to. But how?

Stand still until she lands on your arm, then press e.

For cats, just crouch and let them come to you, Bayek will pet them automatically.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BigglesSWE posted:

I’d love to. But how?

If you stand still for a bit Senu will land on your arm. Then you can press Triangle/Y/E to pet her or give her a treat.

For cats just crouch when they come close, you don't need to press anything.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Anyone have tips for getting heron feathers? I can't hit manage to hit any with arrows.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Oasx posted:

Anyone have tips for getting heron feathers? I can't hit manage to hit any with arrows.

Ride at them with a polearm and swing wildly. Also works for vultures and other feathered creatures.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Broken Cog posted:

For cats, just crouch and let them come to you, Bayek will pet them automatically.

I got this to work exactly once in probably two dozen attempts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One of the loading screen tips said that the modern day Library of Alexandria has a copy of every web page that has existed since 1996.

:stare:

Guess all our shame is immortalized until someone burns it down again.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Stuck in open world limbo

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

precision posted:

One of the loading screen tips said that the modern day Library of Alexandria has a copy of every web page that has existed since 1996.

:stare:

Guess all our shame is immortalized until someone burns it down again.

I wonder where :goatsecx: fits into the library.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Oasx posted:

There seems to be two types of bird groups:

1) Giant flocks that fly away before you ever get close. I'm pretty sure these are just for decoration as I fired hundreds of arrows at them and never got a single hit
2) Smaller groups of like 4-5 that will let you get much closer and are easier to kill

Either way just run along a river and you'll probably find a bunch of bird corpses near some crocodiles anyways

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cactus posted:

(or any game, really)

yes they said that it would come back in the announcement

Ubisoft posted:

Don’t worry if you miss one, you’ll have another shot to take on that god in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

GhostDog posted:

I got this to work exactly once in probably two dozen attempts.

Just like IRL