Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Digital Jedi posted:

Whatever Matt said when he referred to kids as pizza flavors had me on the floor laughing.

The context was podesta finding out someone was pregnant and asking if it was pepperoni or mushroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Nothing but respect for are troops

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

As someone who has only listened to a few episodes of Chapo but absolutely loved the Brazile one (also listened to them dunking on Verrit and the righteous outrage at the article about the London apartment fire), do people have some recommendations for others which match that feel? I know the OP has popular episodes, but those are all pre-election and I'd be interested to see the high points for the past year.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Remember when it was Republicans who had the bizarre caveman names? Like "Mitt" and "Trigg?" I assumed it was some sort of Midwestern Hills Have Eyes kind of thing.

https://twitter.com/shitshowdotinfo/status/825808668541214724

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Cael posted:

As someone who has only listened to a few episodes of Chapo but absolutely loved the Brazile one (also listened to them dunking on Verrit and the righteous outrage at the article about the London apartment fire), do people have some recommendations for others which match that feel? I know the OP has popular episodes, but those are all pre-election and I'd be interested to see the high points for the past year.

The post UK election episode (116 - Jezz in my pants) is a fun one because they are all in a good mood and its like a polar opposite of the furious post US election episode .

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Cael posted:

One that has a similar vibe is episode 73, about the Dinesh D’Souza documentary Hillary’s America, with MST3K’s Bill Corbett as a special guest.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Unnamed One posted:

One that has a similar vibe is episode 73, about the Dinesh D’Souza documentary Hillary’s America, with MST3K’s Bill Corbett as a special guest.
Hillary's America is really funny. Do not make the mistake of watching Dinesh's awful Obama's America film. The right wing Obama doc to see is Dreams From My Real Father. Frank Marshall Davis is his dad and there's constant narration from an Obama impersonator.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/discocollective/status/929520206753476608

Lol

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i like the one where they read peggy noonan's article about how she's horny for Ronald Reagan's feet or w/e. No idea the episode # though sorry

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Doctor Teeth posted:

i like the one where they read peggy noonan's article about how she's horny for Ronald Reagan's feet or w/e. No idea the episode # though sorry
reagan daddy
peggy noonan mommy

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017
The subreddit is calling for Anita Sarkeesian to be a guest on the pod.

I hope it happens just to see things turn to trivial.

The pod community misses gamergate hard.

Grammar-Bolshevik fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 12, 2017

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

cripes

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Uh, what? What happened? With regards to Discourse Collective/RIPMarkusJ

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Apoplexy posted:

Uh, what? What happened? With regards to Discourse Collective/RIPMarkusJ

Turns out wife e-mail guy is still bad and manipulative with women

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I'm kind of glad I'm still not internet poisoned enough that I can just say "wife e-mail guy" and expect everyone else knows what the hell I'm talking about

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm kind of glad I'm still not internet poisoned enough that I can just say "wife e-mail guy" and expect everyone else knows what the hell I'm talking about

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/markusjs-email-to-my-girlfriends-husband

all time great moment on twitter

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

The subreddit is calling for Anita Sarkeesian to be a guest on the pod.

I hope it happens just to see things turn to trivial.

The pod community misses gamergate hard.

One day, your children will look up and ask you "Daddy, what did you do in the posting war?"
Will you be proud of your answer?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Wow, i thought the wife emailer thing was some big joke, like those bumper stickers that say 'my girlfriend's husband is a fighting for your freedom to be a liberal'

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lol

I don't know how one would carry on with their life after getting their soul sucked out like that. I'd fake my death and adopt a new identity.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Yes, he wanted to nurture and protect another man's wife, to be in her light and warmth, without it getting weird or anything. If that shocks you, then you need to spend more time in Real America.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TetsuoTW posted:

It’s been talked about and explained in this thread, though

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Dr. Stab posted:

One day, your children will look up and ask you "Daddy, what did you do in the posting war?"
Will you be proud of your answer?

Verit codes guarantee citizenship!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It’s been talked about and explained in this thread, though

this thread has over 16k posts

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This week in Chapo pronunciations, does will say "Juche" as "Hoochie"?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Matt committed to Hellworld. I hope Virgil wins because then I wont have to rereg.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

padijun posted:

this thread has over 16k posts

I think the wife email guy himself is responsible for a bunch of them lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I pronounce it "joosh".

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's pronounced Jew Che. Like Che Guevara with no foreskin.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
drat, Virgil could absolutely do professional TV or radio punditry/reporting. He's a machine.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Fans posted:

This is a hell of an episode. How the hell did this glorious mess of a woman get involved with two presidential campaigns?

What about the first made people go “Oh yes, her again. She nailed it”?

Ugh. I wish I wasn't a poor student so I could sign up and get all the top fare!

Wish they'd release the premium episodes, ay, six months of so later, but I understand why they don't.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Matt was correct to bet cash money on Moore winning. You can tell by the way Virgil tried to weasel out of it.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Hell world is real

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Don't torment me like this; I've been waiting for a Chapo episode all about chuche sasang.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Some choice clips for whoever is making the Felix sound board.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Someone PLEASE link the my money real good video they mention near the end, I think about it all the time but can't find it in my Twitter likes.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Pharmaskittle posted:

Someone PLEASE link the my money real good video they mention near the end, I think about it all the time but can't find it in my Twitter likes.

this the one? https://twitter.com/BillRatchet/status/835273815227777025

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Are lanyards exclusively an east-coast thing? I see people with lanyards around here, but they're all RFID keys and security badges for companies, but I know Chapo uses the term to mean DNC staffers and hillarymen wonks.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Thank you so much

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Skyscraper posted:

Are lanyards exclusively an east-coast thing? I see people with lanyards around here, but they're all RFID keys and security badges for companies, but I know Chapo uses the term to mean DNC staffers and hillarymen wonks.

imo it means people whose highest aspiration is to be a corporate/establishment tool and who make all parts of their lives subservient to that, really

i work at a govcon full of these, the actual lanyard is optional but the type of person is very identifiable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

emdash posted:

imo it means people whose highest aspiration is to be a corporate/establishment tool and who make all parts of their lives subservient to that, really

i work at a govcon full of these, the actual lanyard is optional but the type of person is very identifiable

Yeah, I totally get the people from Chapo's extensive, ah, coverage, I'm just wondering what the deal is with the actual literal lanyard they wear, if that's a thing you see because people are working in government and need to pass checkpoints, or if it's an actual fashion statement among awful tools, or what.

I am too slow to know what a govcon is :(