Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

It probably actually helps a lot. Not leaving a trail of *literal* poo poo is one of the few things Trump has going for him

Is that why he drove a golf cart in Europe instead of walking like the big boys?

Dog.

geonetix fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kaal posted:

He also lies so obviously about his height and weight, and focuses so much on personal appearance in his slurs, that it attracts attention to his own obesity. He pretends to be 6 ft 3 in and under 240 lbs (as in just shy of the BMI obesity line), when he's clearly 6 ft 1 in and over 250 lbs (definitely over).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.7c06e8ed594a

lmao at his doctor claiming he's 236. i'm about his height and my fattest years back was 232 and i was way smaller than him. he's gotta be around 270. also lol at the celebrity personal trainer thinking he could be as low as 228.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 12, 2017

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It's also worth noting that Trump likely has very little muscle mass, all of that weight is nothing but blubber

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's unbelieveable that they keep putting Kellyanne Conway on TV.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

It's tradition to show train wrecks as long as possible and in as much gory detail as possible.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kaal posted:

He also lies so obviously about his height and weight, and focuses so much on personal appearance in his slurs, that it attracts attention to his own obesity. He pretends to be 6 ft 3 in and under 240 lbs (as in just shy of the BMI obesity line), when he's clearly 6 ft 1 in and over 250 lbs (definitely over).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.7c06e8ed594a
I'm 1.88 (a little above 6'1''?) and I weight around 110 kilos (242 pounds). I work out 4 days a week (30 to 40 minutes per day) + rehearse on Fridays for 3 hours. I admit that I'm a bit on the heavy side, and I feel self-conscious of that, but there's no way in hell that Trump is anywhere near that weight. Even if he had... um, droopy-like skin (I'm not sure how to describe this in English), Trump looks morbidly obese.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I like these idiot Alabama talk show hosts on ABC advocating that they postpone the election to "give the Republican party time to get a better candidate on the ballot".

Yay Democracy!!!

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

I like these idiot Alabama talk show hosts on ABC advocating that they postpone the election to "give the Republican party time to get a better candidate on the ballot".

Yay Democracy!!!

the plus side to this is. if the governor actuall holds to her statement about not changing the election. then they are giving a lot of publicity to how terrible moore is.

this could be a blowout for the democrats

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao at his doctor claiming he's 236. i'm about his height and my fattest years back was 232 and i was way smaller than him. he's gotta be around 270. also lol at the celebrity personal trainer thinking he could be as low as 228.

I’m 6’ 280lbs and there’s no way he weighs less than me. That dude is rotund compared to me and I’m pretty god damned big. I’m guessing he’s around 320 maybe more.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jealous Cow posted:

I’m 6’ 280lbs and there’s no way he weighs less than me. That dude is rotund compared to me and I’m pretty god damned big. I’m guessing he’s around 320 maybe more.

There is a reason the guy at the carnival has a job. People are pretty bad at looking at a person and guessing weight. Camera adds pounds too. I would guess around 290.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Your eyes are fake news

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

GoutPatrol posted:

There is a reason the guy at the carnival has a job. People are pretty bad at looking at a person and guessing weight. Camera adds pounds too. I would guess around 290.

gently caress they must have 200 cameras pointed at Trump at any given time then to explain all those extra pounds.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Elizabeth Mills posted:

People forget that outside Seattle metro, Washington State is essentially 'South Carolina with Apples'. Pennsyltucky has nothing on us.
:smithicide:

Burien is in the Seattle Metro. Burien is 10 miles from downtown Seattle. I've walked from Burien to downtown Seattle.

I mean, I am not denying that there are racists in Burien, but this is a city that is probably around 40% minority (2010 census had 63.5% White Non-Latino) that is 10 miles from downtown Seattle and part of a metro area of almost 4 million people.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

dbukalski posted:

the plus side to this is. if the governor actuall holds to her statement about not changing the election. then they are giving a lot of publicity to how terrible moore is.

I think it's pretty clear that there is NOTHING a republican candidate could do in Alabama for there to be a democratic blowout.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Elizabeth Mills posted:

People forget that outside Seattle metro, Washington State is essentially 'South Carolina with Apples'. Pennsyltucky has nothing on us.
:smithicide:

Almost like white people in homogenous groups are universally terrible no matter which part of the country you live in

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Question for you all.

Why don't we buy ads on Facebook to effect the Alabama election? Phone banking and donations are useful, but Facebook has a reach that can't be matched and the ability to influence important groups with hyper targeted messaging. If the election is close, which it appears it will be and Facebook ads have been proven effective in swinging votes, which they have then why not use it?

Obviously there are some interesting ethical questions here, but the mechanics of it are surprisingly simple.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Question for you all.

Why don't we buy ads on Facebook to effect the Alabama election? Phone banking and donations are useful, but Facebook has a reach that can't be matched and the ability to influence important groups with hyper targeted messaging. If the election is close, which it appears it will be and Facebook ads have been proven effective in swinging votes, which they have then why not use it?

Obviously there are some interesting ethical questions here, but the mechanics of it are surprisingly simple.

I can see the headlines now:

"Known Internet Terrorist Group, Goon Squad Attempting to Sway Alabama Election"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

To be fair Fox News already ran with "Antifa plotting to overthrow the president" so we are through the looking glass there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wark Say posted:

I'm 1.88 (a little above 6'1''?) and I weight around 110 kilos (242 pounds). I work out 4 days a week (30 to 40 minutes per day) + rehearse on Fridays for 3 hours. I admit that I'm a bit on the heavy side, and I feel self-conscious of that, but there's no way in hell that Trump is anywhere near that weight. Even if he had... um, droopy-like skin (I'm not sure how to describe this in English), Trump looks morbidly obese.

You work out, Trump does not. Due to the fact that Trump is a no strength fatty, he's going to actually weigh less than he looks. Same way a high strength fatty is going to weigh more than they look. Of course then you've got to factor in the plethora of tailoring tricks Donny uses, and his omnipresent projection issue, and I'm going to guess 400 lbs within a few months of his hacker call out.

I'm also assuming that you eat a vegetable other than french fries and aren't 70+ years old so your skeletal system is probably also boosting your relative weight in comparison.

dbukalski posted:

There is a chance that a Democrat may actually win in Alabama, this chance has required Roy Moore to Roy Moore at 11 and all but confirm he's a pedo. There's no way in hell that Alabama is going to turn in a blowout loss for the Republicans. 'Bama is more likely to get blown out by Mercer next week than Jones is to blow out Moore.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Zil posted:

"Known Internet Terrorist Group, Goon Squad Attempting to Sway Alabama Election"

Don't forget that we're a CIA front from when Glenn Beck (I think) was reporting on Benghazi

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Zil posted:

Sounds good to me, I'll put $10 in the pot.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Zil posted:

They'd have to get the ads delivered to them, know the source, and track it back. The simple solution is to deliver the ads to people unlikely to be aware that it's an ad attempting to influence them.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Jealous Cow posted:

I'm 5'10, 280, and pretty fat and I'm *still* much smaller than him. He's either significantly heavier than me or has absolutely no muscle whatsoever, even the stuff you get from just moving around that much weight daily.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Question for you all.

You'd think that there were already groups doing this, no?

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/929741657058283520

Boom

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

One would assume. The key question to me is this: Do you believe the DNC and its affiliated groups are savvy at harnessing the power of this platform?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Zil posted:

The headlines would be as good as the ones from a few years ago panicking about, “hackers use low orbit ion cannon to crash servers worldwide.”

My mom was freaking the gently caress out lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

One would assume. The key question to me is this: Do you believe the DNC and its affiliated groups are savvy at harnessing the power of this platform?

They did a good job in Virginia.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They did a good job in Virginia.

They did a great job with the ground game in Virginia which is smart. It plays to their strengths and current staff's skillset. I remain unsure that they've gotten any savvier on the digital advertising front.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

They'd have to get the ads delivered to them, know the source, and track it back. The simple solution is to deliver the ads to people unlikely to be aware that it's an ad attempting to influence them.

What are you, Russian?!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

Boom

I feel certain this is only going t get worse for Moore because he will keep talking and there will be more women coming forward. There's most of a month to go still, it can get way worse for him and his only hope to win is if Doug jones is exposed as a pedophile next.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Blind Rasputin posted:

The headlines would be as good as the ones from a few years ago panicking about, “hackers use low orbit ion cannon to crash servers worldwide.”

My mom was freaking the gently caress out lol

Hahahaha what? Tell me more.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

mcmagic posted:

Boom

Question 8: Given the allegations that have come out about Roy Moore’s alleged sexual misconduct against four
underage women, are you more or less likely to support him as a result of these allegations?
More Likely 29%

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

mcmagic posted:

Boom

remember to deduct 6 points from the Dem

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Man get ready for some flagrant violations of democratic norms in Alabama.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Istvun posted:

Question 8: Given the allegations that have come out about Roy Moore’s alleged sexual misconduct against four
underage women, are you more or less likely to support him as a result of these allegations?
More Likely 29%

No one actually sees themselves as more likely, they just interpret that question as "Do you support Roy Moore?"
Same thing with like half of Republicans saying Turmp's inauguration crowd size was bigger than Obama's.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Duffer1954/status/929576190997876737?s=17
https://twitter.com/Fuctupmind/status/929567516757774336?s=17

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

mcmagic posted:

Boom

Two more polls with numbers like this and I think you'll find that Alabamans actually do care. They'll sell out children for a win, not for a loss.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pakled posted:

No one actually sees themselves as more likely, they just interpret that question as "Do you support Roy Moore?"
Same thing with like half of Republicans saying Turmp's inauguration crowd size was bigger than Obama's.

I'm not sure if "I support him just because he's the R no matter what" is any less awful an attitude than "I am more likely to support someone who is a child molester" - hell, I guess it's really the same statement twice.

Republicans are bad people.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It's always so weird watching someone make a good choice for incredibly stupid reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

empty whippet box posted:

I feel certain this is only going t get worse for Moore because he will keep talking and there will be more women coming forward. There's most of a month to go still, it can get way worse for him and his only hope to win is if Doug jones is exposed as a pedophile next.

On the flip side, if someone successfully gags him, a month is more than long enough for people to forget.

• Locked thread