Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
YES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox posted:

How about just a Metal Gear movie. The whole thing is shot top-down.
As long as they keep the dialogue

Super Fan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 12, 2017

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The ideal MGS movie would just be a slow, thoughtful character piece about a veteran dealing with the trauma of war, like if Rambo got therapy in the first movie instead of getting poo poo on, with absolutely zero espionage or violence.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Big Boss has to be Kurt Russel right?

Nah, they'd have to get Connery out of retirement.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Tom Berenger IS GRAY FOX.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Digitally de-aged Michael Biehn as Snake.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Phylodox posted:

Digitally de-aged Michael Biehn as Snake.

I think Biehn's likeness was only aped for the first one. MG2 clearly uses Mel Gibson.

So clearly there needs to be an unexplained actor swap in the middle of the Metal Gear movie.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
This film will finally put to test just how many minutes of radio discussion audiences will tolerate in a 90 minute movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Timby posted:

I think Biehn's likeness was only aped for the first one. MG2 clearly uses Mel Gibson.

So clearly there needs to be an unexplained actor swap in the middle of the Metal Gear movie.

I always thought that was Michael Dudikoff. I know that American Ninja came out five years before MG2 and had always thought they picked someone relatively obscure but in movies, even though they're using aforementioned Connery and Berenger, Danny Devito, and Dolph Lundgren.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Electromax posted:

This film will finally put to test just how many minutes of radio discussion audiences will tolerate in a 90 minute movie.

Basically Locke, but following Roy Campbell as he juggles Snake, Otacon and Raiden over codec.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Shanty posted:

Basically Locke, but following Roy Campbell as he juggles Snake, Otacon and Raiden over codec.

You joke, but with the right script and actors this would be compelling as hell.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Shanty posted:

Wheelman is similar. Much of the drama and suspense is done through phone conversations.

Edit: Can't forget John McClane and Al talking over walkie talkie.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 12, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Gotta bring Rade Šerbedžija in for older Ocelot

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
My southern movie theater sucks so hard. They got rid of Blade Runner 2049 after 3 weeks but have enough room for Thank You for Your Service, Geostorm, plus two other christian movies I've never heard of before.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird thing about Geostorm is that Gerard Butler and Jim Sturgess play brothers and both use American accents but there's a line in there about how they were born in the UK.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Would totally watch a film called Thank You for Your Service, Geostorm about how Geostorm gets laid off or something.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neo Rasa posted:

Would totally watch a film called Thank You for Your Service, Geostorm about how Geostorm gets laid off or something.

Basically The Pursuit Of Happyness but with a Geostorm playing Will Smith's role.

We believe in you, Geostorm. Just hang in there buddy. :unsmith:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah that kojima quote was great. I hope he betrays the audience. Make a movie about the guy who can't stop making GBS threads himself, Johnny

They need a sequence that has BB talking about how vampires terrify him, and then, when he sleeps, the MGS movie suddenly becomes a trailer for a forthcoming horror movie from the studio.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

MonsieurChoc posted:

You joke, but with the right script and actors this would be compelling as hell.

Well Locke certainly was, but I still think this would be taking "Betraying the audience" to an extreme. It would give Hayter a chance at the lead, though :v:

I definitely wouldn't complain if they popped up a standard codec screen in the middle of the movie, but good luck to whoever has to script it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Basically The Pursuit Of Happyness but with a Geostorm playing Will Smith's role.

We believe in you, Geostorm. Just hang in there buddy. :unsmith:
Does Geostorm also become a total ‘bootstraps’ Republican afterwards?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FlamingLiberal posted:

Does Geostorm also become a total ‘bootstraps’ Republican afterwards?

You already know the answer to that. Of course it does. :colbert:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
If Vogt-Roberts directs a Metal Gear movie I feel like the only appropriate casting is John C Reilly as Raiden.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

FishBulb posted:

If Vogt-Roberts directs a Metal Gear movie I feel like the only appropriate casting is John C Reilly as Raiden.

My hope is that an ongoing series of seemingly minor miscommunications culminates in Christopher Lambert being cast as Raiden.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They need a sequence that has BB talking about how vampires terrify him, and then, when he sleeps, the MGS movie suddenly becomes a trailer for a forthcoming horror movie from the studio.

No, it turns into an actual vampire movie, with BB as the main character (since its his dream) and the vampire played by solid snake's actor kills him then he wakes up and movie ends

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Neo Rasa posted:

My hope is that an ongoing series of seemingly minor miscommunications culminates in Christopher Lambert being cast as Raiden.

Unless he had LASIK no one is ever handing that man a sword again.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mierenneuker posted:

Unless he had LASIK no one is ever handing that man a sword again.

There's always Adrian Paul. Just tell him it's Highlander and let him roll with whatever then release it as Metal Gear

"Why is Raiden speaking in a Scottish accent?"
"Cause I'm Hideo Kojima and gently caress you that's why. Wait till you get to Meme Gear Rex."

Gatts fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 13, 2017

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gatts posted:

Wait till you get to Meme Gear Rex."
Sad that Konami kicked Kojima to the curb. Because MGS6 would have totally had a Memefarm as the next Metal Gear iteration, with the discovery that the original was a Gutenberg Press nicknamed The Metal Gear that was capable of printing disinformation at a ludicrous speed (like, 5 pages a minute man).

A walking tank was the ultimate weapon for the nuclear age. For the information age, it was genetics. The design age? Why we design our own reality with these GLORIOUS MEMES, SNAAAAAAAAKE.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He already did memes in MGS2

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Whatever Death Stranding is gonna be about is going to be the prevalent issue in 2037.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

Sad that Konami kicked Kojima to the curb. Because MGS6 would have totally had a Memefarm as the next Metal Gear iteration, with the discovery that the original was a Gutenberg Press nicknamed The Metal Gear that was capable of printing disinformation at a ludicrous speed (like, 5 pages a minute man).

A walking tank was the ultimate weapon for the nuclear age. For the information age, it was genetics. The design age? Why we design our own reality with these GLORIOUS MEMES, SNAAAAAAAAKE.

It is indeed modern time that we have genetics and are reaching a state to create our own realities through misinformation but not to the point that reality is manifest so much as choosing to believing in lies.

But yes Kojima prophesized this through MGS2 which in retrospect is one of the greatest games or media created. This is also a fabricated reality that should be enforced.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Whatever Death Stranding is gonna be about is going to be the prevalent issue in 2037.

Mpreg.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

The MSJ posted:

I hope we just straight up get a Metal Gear Rising movie.

I think Trump is a little busy these days to play Sundowner.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/13/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-tv-show-confirmed

I mean, I guess they're not remaking the series proper?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Morbius, the Living Vampire is the next-rumored Spider-Man-less Spider-Man movie. Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama (two of the writers on Power Rangers) wrote a script, no one else is attached at this time, and those are also the dudes writing a Lost in Space reboot series for NetFlix

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spinoff-morbius-living-vampire-movie-works-power-rangers-writers-1056702

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is there really still that much of a market for that series? Did the Hobbit trilogy do well? Because the movies sure weren't any good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is there really still that much of a market for that series? Did the Hobbit trilogy do well? Because the movies sure weren't any good.

I'm betting they're going for more of a GoT vibe than the Hobbit, that's definitely a market that exists.

Not as many tits in Tolkien's books,but more than enough violence.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Middle earth EU, joy. Not even doing the cool poo poo from silmarion about continents exploding and the sun being stolen

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Part 1 passed a billion dollars worldwide, while Part 2 and 3 both were just 50 million dollars shy of a billion. The trilogy had a worldwide gross of roughly 2.8 billion.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

Part 1 passed a billion dollars worldwide, while Part 2 and 3 both were just 50 million dollars shy of a billion. The trilogy had a worldwide gross of roughly 2.8 billion.
Moviegoing audiences are loving stupid.

...I guess myself included :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Stupid seems harsh, you don't know a movie sucks until you see it.

• Locked thread