Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

Also them saying that playing as captured enemies isn’t fun. I thought that was going to be the case as well but playing as Pokio and tropical weedfiend and the like is super fun

Pokio rules. Alternatively the tank sucks. I honestly hated the Donk City fight because I just find the tank controls really unfun. The cannon aiming is awful.

The Broodles fight at the end of Bowser's Kingdom with Pokio on the other hand was RAD. I loved it, so much fun, such a cool boss. Also the flower UFO thing.

Some things are fun to control, some aren't. I wish the up and down buttons on the fish were reversed because it doesn't not feel intuitive with the current ones. I always end up going the wrong direction at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
man, i like every worlds but the luncheon kingdom might be my least favorite one because it's too samey looking (making it hard to look for moons) and it's lava water world (making it hard to naviguate to find moons)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

This is great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Pokio rules. Alternatively the tank sucks. I honestly hated the Donk City fight because I just find the tank controls really unfun. The cannon aiming is awful.

The Broodles fight at the end of Bowser's Kingdom with Pokio on the other hand was RAD. I loved it, so much fun, such a cool boss. Also the flower UFO thing.

Some things are fun to control, some aren't. I wish the up and down buttons on the fish were reversed because it doesn't not feel intuitive with the current ones. I always end up going the wrong direction at first.

If they patched the tank so you could fire with R or L it would solve every single problem wiht it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can actually skip that part if you're getting stuck past the Pipe in the post-game level; Waggle when you're gliding in the updrafts and you get enough altitude to soar aaaaall the way to Bowser's painting.

edit:

And I've now finished SMO. Loved every moment of it :unsmith:.

I tried this but didn't even get close to enough altitude.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

irlZaphod posted:

I thought the Cap Kingdom race was kind of hard because there's no real short-cuts there.

Cascade was ok, it took me a few attempts just because I kept messing up a wall jump and the sequence of cap jumps over the clouds.

Is capturing a paragoomba and flying to the goal not considered a short cut?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there some way to cheese the stupid polar bear bouncy racing?? I can't do this poo poo at all. I hate it. I hope all these polar bears get killed by global warming

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

There were no survivors

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There were no survivors

Good :mad:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Macaluso posted:

Is there some way to cheese the stupid polar bear bouncy racing?? I can't do this poo poo at all. I hate it. I hope all these polar bears get killed by global warming

Before the 180 degree hairpin turns, jump while still in the straight of the track, so you land and hit the banked part of the turn, then jump again off the banked turn while holding the stick in the direction you want to go and it completely shifts your momentum in that direction and makes you really haul rear end.

The key to those races is not losing speed to the humps that are in the track and then using the banked turns to get going faster.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I did the picture match minigame and accidentally put the mouth on the upside-down and still got a 90 for my smiling goomba.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

lol at anyone who watches RLM

RLM owns.

I finished the Darker Side of the Moon and god drat never again. But climbing that final tower with Cappy reminiscing about the adventure was awesome and made me sad that the game was over. I'm at 623 Moon and I'm gonna be happy not 100%ing the game since it's so large and there's just too much.

Wonderful game but tying certain moves to motion controls is stupid along with having a bunch of moves on the same button combination; does Roll, Dive, Backflip, Buttstomp all have to be a variation of the same two inputs when a lot of the buttons on the controller are redundant?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Ugh I'm really starting to hate bound racing. All it takes is one bad bump and it's all over

E: guess complaining does work, I got it two attempts later

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 12, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I guess I got lucky as I first tried all the bound races and lapped a racer on the second course at one point.

Also part of me kinda hopes they patch in a fix for the final level exploit.
Not grinding my teeth over people abusing it because they're NOT TRUE GAMERS or whatever, but it's kind of a bummer that you can skip a lot of the challenge like that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean you can just turn on assist mode and beat it easily. If people want to cheat on the coolest part of the game they will have to take that to their grave. They know they aren’t worthy. We all know.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I wanted to see what the fuss what about the ice bouncing course and did them both first time, I am the best

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bounce

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man I guess I got lucky as I first tried all the bound races and lapped a racer on the second course at one point.

Also part of me kinda hopes they patch in a fix for the final level exploit.
Not grinding my teeth over people abusing it because they're NOT TRUE GAMERS or whatever, but it's kind of a bummer that you can skip a lot of the challenge like that.
That's the most tense and challenging part too. They're only robbing themselves of the experience.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The final level is twice as easy as Champion’s Road.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It's entirely the pokio section that keeps loving me over.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

In your guys opinion, what's the hardest moon to get that's not dark-side related?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

In your guys opinion, what's the hardest moon to get that's not dark-side related?

Iceburn Circuit S Class

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

RCarr posted:

Iceburn Circuit S Class

Macaluso posted:

:mad:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The 2D area in a certain well made me die several times in a row.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Alxprit posted:

The 2D area in a certain well made me die several times in a row.

Yeah me too, and I've died even more times just trying to get the first moon in there above the bullet bills. :mad:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ineffiable posted:

Not counting the weird challenge ones (races, jump rope) that some people have issues with, it's probably the 2D well in Mushroom Kingdom.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
uh holy poo poo this game has a lot of stuff after the credits, huh?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I skipped the credits... should I go back and rewatch them?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

RCarr posted:

Like half of the game is after the credits.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RCarr posted:

Nah they're just pretty standard credits.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

uh holy poo poo this game has a lot of stuff after the credits, huh?

The credits mark the end of the tutorial.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Daveski posted:

Yeah me too, and I've died even more times just trying to get the first moon in there above the bullet bills. :mad:

Yeah I'm really struggling with that one, can't seem to get the timing down.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

uPen posted:

Like half of the game is after the credits.

I thought people were saying there was some cool cutscene or something in the credits.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

I had the most trouble with the waves of poison as a frog side room. Ended up doing it not as a frog but getting the right route through was a pain.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RCarr posted:

I thought people were saying there was some cool cutscene or something in the credits.

Did you watch the scene before the credits? Because that was what they were probably talking about.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Cobalt Viper posted:

Not counting the weird challenge ones (races, jump rope) that some people have issues with, it's probably the 2D well in Mushroom Kingdom.

Yeah good point, the races/jump rope/maybe volleyball are just brutal.

I finished the jump rope today. It's gonna be race for me soon since I'm slowly going through each kingdom. I should try that 2d well to see what I'm dealing with later.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do I get into the underwater pipe with the fruit stuck in it if Yoshi just dies when he hits water.

Overall I'm really disappointed with Yoshi in this game so far. I'd much rather ride him around and he can't touch water and he's a pain to get to.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

veni veni veni posted:

How do I get into the underwater pipe with the fruit stuck in it if Yoshi just dies when he hits water.

Overall I'm really disappointed with Yoshi in this game so far. I'd much rather ride him around and he can't touch water and he's a pain to get to.

You can make the water go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Basic hint: You could drain the moat in Mario 64
More of a hint: Try swimming around in it as Mario first
The answer: There are four posts underwater in the moat. Pull them out with Cappy.

• Locked thread