Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Why hasn't John Fox been fired? Like, after that challenge played out, he should have just been immediately fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sataere posted:

Why hasn't John Fox been fired? Like, after that challenge played out, he should have just been immediately fired.

Lovie Smith accomplished the rare task of burning consecutive timeouts, which is theoretically impossible, and he didn't get fired until the next season.

Bears.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

3-13-GB 25(8:09) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to B.Cunningham pushed ob at GB 2 for 23 yards (M.Evans). Chicago challenged the runner was out of bounds ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to B.Cunningham to GB 2 for 23 yards. FUMBLES, ball out of bounds in End Zone, Touchback.

Enshrine this play immediately in NFC North lore.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/929792948195266560

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The biggest mistake the Vikings could make would be to put Bridgewater back in. I see the season just collapsing if that happens.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
disagree

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He was never even that good

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
he actually is!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
WAY TO THROW MY PRAISE BACK IN MY FACE KEENAN!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
ravens, steelers, bucs, brown on the packers schedule lol rodgers is coming back isnt he

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress it, bring back wannstedt

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Good Will Hrunting posted:

ravens, steelers, bucs, brown on the packers schedule lol rodgers is coming back isnt he

Probably depends on if finishing 9-7 means anything. One or two wins with Hundley against the Ravens, Bucs and Browns doesn’t seem completely impossible.

The Vikings would probably have to crater to the point where a week 16 win would put the Packers ahead though and I doubt that’s happening.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Put Teddy in

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this was literally the only game bears fans cared about winning the entire year and fox hosed it up, i hope he is arrested and put into jail

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Lions have beaten a team.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

VJeff posted:

The Lions have beaten a team.

1,481 games since their last 100+ yard rusher, though. :(

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

This week sums up Keenums play so far this year.

Overall stat line looks pretty good, but a lot of his big throws were to wide open players, and he had 4-5 throws that should of been picked off, but only 2 were.

His 1st was an awful throw into a group of 5 WAS and 1 MIN player. His 2nd was him starting down a slant and Swearinger making a good break on the ball.

His elusiveness is still good along with his mobility. But he has been bailed out by Shurmurs scheme and that Thielen, Diggs, and Rudolph are really really good. (Especially Diggs and Thielen, and especially especially Thielen.)

I'm still all aboard the Teddy train, but there will be plenty of hot takes from the talking heads about who to start vs LA next week.

Overall 7-2 is drat good and the Rams next week is going to be a huge game.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if the Vikings propensity to collapse and fail can out do the Lions ability to be worthless idiots.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Danny LaFever posted:

I don't know if the Vikings propensity to collapse and fail can out do the Lions ability to be worthless idiots.

Only thing us certain - Packers are going to come up on top somehow

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He was never even that good

true but how good of a story would it be for him to come back and have success

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
It turns out it doesn't matter how bad the Packers are so long as the Bears still suck!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Danny LaFever posted:

This doesn’t have to be a competition, they’re both talented enough to simultaneously fail miserably down the home stretch.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Blotto Skorzany posted:

If the [otherwise unsubstantiated] rumors about him transparently quitting on the team once Rodgers' collarbone got broken are true, I can easily understand his teammates being pissed with him

I'm sure it will come as no surprise Bennett is supposed to play tonight for the Patriots.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Apparently Rodgers's shoulder is recovering ahead of schedule, though that seems to be excited fan speculation based on him not using the sling anymore and picking up and carrying things with his right arm so take that with a grain of salt. If the team can grind their way to a 8-5 (losing to the Steelers) or 7-6 (Steelers + 1 other team) record then I think Rodgers comes back for the Panthers match.

If we lose three more games before Week 15 then he's not coming back this season. I've been looking at likely playoff paths and unless there's a couple serious collapses in the NFC there's going to be a massive logjam at 9-7 that the Packers will be very unlikely to emerge on top thanks to tiebreakers and the chain of losses they'd have accrued. And that's assuming Rodgers is enough to take the team 3-0 over the Panthers, Vikings, and Lions, which seems highly unlikely.

Part of my optimism is I think the Bears are a better team than they're getting credit for, they're just held back by youth/inexperience and John Fox. But again, divisional game, coming-off-a-victory optimism, etc, etc. Hundley looked better today than he did last week, and last week he looked better than he did against the Saints.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Apparently Rodgers's shoulder is recovering ahead of schedule, though that seems to be excited fan speculation based on him not using the sling anymore and picking up and carrying things with his right arm so take that with a grain of salt. If the team can grind their way to a 8-5 (losing to the Steelers) or 7-6 (Steelers + 1 other team) record then I think Rodgers comes back for the Panthers match.

If we lose three more games before Week 15 then he's not coming back this season. I've been looking at likely playoff paths and unless there's a couple serious collapses in the NFC there's going to be a massive logjam at 9-7 that the Packers will be very unlikely to emerge on top thanks to tiebreakers and the chain of losses they'd have accrued. And that's assuming Rodgers is enough to take the team 3-0 over the Panthers, Vikings, and Lions, which seems highly unlikely.

Part of my optimism is I think the Bears are a better team than they're getting credit for, they're just held back by youth/inexperience and John Fox. But again, divisional game, coming-off-a-victory optimism, etc, etc. Hundley looked better today than he did last week, and last week he looked better than he did against the Saints.

I would die laughing if the Packers somehow made the playoffs. Every Vikings fan I know has been talking loads of poo poo even after last year should have warned them about their hubris.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Alright, losing the ball on a successful challenge is a new one, I'll give Fox that.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Casual posted:

Alright, losing the ball on a successful challenge is a new one, I'll give Fox that.

I look forward to the lions losing a game on the final play this way.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Deki posted:

I would die laughing if the Packers somehow made the playoffs. Every Vikings fan I know has been talking loads of poo poo even after last year should have warned them about their hubris.

promise?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Given that the Vikings lost to the Lions in Minnesota, and that Stafford never beats winning teams on the road, brace yourselves for the Vikings going 1-6 to close out the season.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
that’s too predictable for the vikings. this season has embarrassing playoff loss written all over it.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Filthy Casual posted:

So, whats the opinion on that rule around here?

I feel like this year there has been more instances of team getting screwed by that specific rule and losing possession and guaranteed points of some kind.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Quabzor posted:

I feel like this year there has been more instances of team getting screwed by that specific rule and losing possession and guaranteed points of some kind.

It's really weird rule but it fucks teams over and is hilarious so I say keep it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Athanatos posted:

It's really weird rule but it fucks teams over and is hilarious so I say keep it

this

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
As a fan of a team who's been hosed over by that rule it's the dumbest thing imaginable and I hate it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Acebuckeye13 posted:

As a fan of a team who's been hosed over by that rule it's the dumbest thing imaginable and I hate it.

As a fan of a team who benefited from it, yeah it's loving stupid.

But that box score will live on in perpetuity so :allears:

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

WHOOPS posted:

that’s too predictable for the vikings. this season has embarrassing playoff loss written all over it.

I'm feeling more like we're due for a playoff loss due to egregious officiating mistake, but definitely more of a heartbreaking loss year than an embarrassing blowout loss year.

Quabzor posted:

It's dumb because there is a rule that already specifically covers that situation in all other areas of the field (ball fumbled forward out of bounds is returned to spot of fumble) and there's no reason for it to be different in the end zone.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Athanatos posted:

Fair enough

blackmongoose posted:

It's dumb because there is a rule that already specifically covers that situation in all other areas of the field (ball fumbled forward out of bounds is returned to spot of fumble) and there's no reason for it to be different in the end zone.

I swear I remember being young and asking someone about this rule, and it just didn't make sense to stupid 10 year old me. Glad to know that it still doesn't make sense to adult me.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Vikes D is starting to wear out, a lot later than last year but it’s starting to show after today’s game. Keenan’s play is a coin flip from game to game, so I’m just hoping for a better record than last year....Such is the life of a Viking fan

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I feel like the defense was just iffy coming off the bye, plus the lack of Griffin showed at various times, especially with the pressure put on Cousins.

We got lucky that we got good Keenum for 3 quarters, and the defense came in clutch by the end so he couldn't sabotage it. We at least got 7 wins and that was a lot more than I was expecting this years, so even if Teddy isn't a reliably fix to Keenum, it's worth going with him in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Quabzor posted:

Given that this is the John Fox Bears I'm not confident those were guaranteed points.

• Locked thread