Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Iced Cocoa posted:

Yeah, and I was looking forwards to owning a G1-looking Jazz for once. I guess I'm going to wait for the reviews to make the final decision on that one. And that probably counts for the rest of the line except few big names (Elita-1, Rodimus).

Track down the Generations/Reveal the Shield Jazz. One of the best Transformers ever made. You won't be sorry. It's so much better than this new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is that Jazz part of a combiner that’s coming out with this series of toys or is it supposed to go with older stuff? I don’t have any older combiners so I’ll just skip it if it’s supposed to go solo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Is that Jazz part of a combiner that’s coming out with this series of toys or is it supposed to go with older stuff? I don’t have any older combiners so I’ll just skip it if it’s supposed to go solo.

I think it's just supposed to work with the other Autobot combiners - Prowl, Hound, etc. I'm either holding out for an official MP Jazz or get Downbeat.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

All the deluxes are combiner limbs again. As far as I know there's no official combination he belongs to.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
You can use him as a limb for the new Starscream that I think is a combiner torso. They form Cybertronian executive branch combiner Cabinetron.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Marmaduke! posted:

My main takeaway from them Dinobot pics is that Optimus Primal is way too small

No, that's about right. Cheetor's too big, though.

Danger posted:

Is this likely across the US or are you guys still regional to where these were found?

Seems to be the Southwest in general. Can't speak for the rest of the country.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

This guy is a must-buy from me, I guess I'm not buying any toys in 3 months just to justify the hefty tag.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Still seems like a crazy high price, even at that size and complexity. Gotta pay for quality, I guess.

Also, can confirm that the DCPI for the PotP Deluxe wave is separate from CW/TR. The shelves at Target were full of Triggerhappy, Quake, and Krok, but the manager was able to look up the PotP DCPI and go get them from the back for me. So if Brickseek says it's there but it's not on the pegs, ask someone about the DCPI. For once it looks like you won't necessarily get the "If it's here it's on the floor" answer.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Target in Missouri had nothing for the new dpci (no shock) but hopeful for the next couple weeks before December.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Keldroc posted:

Still seems like a crazy high price, even at that size and complexity. Gotta pay for quality, I guess.
wasn't that price for a case, not an individual one? I don't think it'll be more than a hundred bucks, right? Aren't Cheetor/Optimus under a hundred?

edit: Primal's 120 on BBTS, while Cheetor's 76. So I don't think Dinobot's going to be 240 or whatever it was for that first image of the price someone posted, probably 120 for him.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

wasn't that price for a case, not an individual one? I don't think it'll be more than a hundred bucks, right? Aren't Cheetor/Optimus under a hundred?

edit: Primal's 120 on BBTS, while Cheetor's 76. So I don't think Dinobot's going to be 240 or whatever it was for that first image of the price someone posted, probably 120 for him.

That's what people were thinking but so far nobody's changed their price on the preorders.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

No, that's about right. Cheetor's too big, though.

Well they had to split the difference for the eventual remold into Tigatron....right? Right? Guys?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Well they had to split the difference for the eventual remold into Tigatron....right? Right? Guys?
Yes shockingly the line that remolds and repaints everything will likely remold and repaint everything they can.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes shockingly the line that remolds and repaints everything will likely remold and repaint everything they can.

Yeah I mean I keep telling myself that but it wouldn’t surprise me if this is the one time it doesn’t happen. My luck tends to be poopoo.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Looks like IDW pushed back the release for the complete volume version of Transformers vs GI Joe till January

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Looks like IDW pushed back the release for the complete volume version of Transformers vs GI Joe till January

I broke down and got the three TPBs and the Movie Adaptation this year, since I'm not as big a fan of huge, expensive hardcovers. I've barely started reading them (saving them for our semester break in December), but I love everything about it so far.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Man the "bios" on the PotP cardbacks are hilariously lazy. Every one is the same sentence:

"How will the [adjective] [character function] wield the POWER OF THE PRIMES™?"

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Tigatron should still be a little bigger than Cheetor, meaning HasTak has to make an OSKO of their own mold. What a time to be alive.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Man the "bios" on the PotP cardbacks are hilariously lazy. Every one is the same sentence:

"How will the [adjective] [character function] wield the POWER OF THE PRIMES™?"

For my money the best bio is still Armada Galvatron, because it features the Goblet of Strife.

Dinobot looks cool as hell but I'd like to get my fat mitts on a Devastator before I even start going after the BWMPs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Who wants a sick Dinobot Hype Video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_CqL310V0E

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well I'll be, dubstep in TYOOL 2017

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

The 28000 yen price was in there as well so that's confirmed.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
That Dinobot looks loving awesome but it's a touch on the too expensive side for me I think, I hope there are more Beast Wars homages in PotP because I'm liking what I'm seeing so far

unrelated but Rodimus Unicronus looks like Judd Nelson does IRL

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What are the odds on a 3rd party doing a KO of Dinobot with BW Grimlock's colors?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

What are the odds on a 3rd party doing a KO of Dinobot with BW Grimlock's colors?

Which MPs haven't been KO'd so far? I think Ultra Magnus and the other two Beast Wars guys and that's it. So going by the lack of MP BW KO's I wouldn't count on it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MP22 is being KO'd currently by at least two different companies, which a paranoid person would assume has something to do with the reissue happening next year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

History Comes Inside! posted:

MP22 is being KO'd currently by at least two different companies, which a paranoid person would assume has something to do with the reissue happening next year.

The first MP22 KO has been in the works for ages with little progress. The current one is some sort of factory seconds thing, much like the first Star Saber KOs.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
I'm still surprised there hasn't been a Tigertron redeco of the MP Cheetor announced yet!

Hey everyone, i'm going to be sorting out a small bit of my Transformers collection in the next week or so.

Mind if I post a list in this thread?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I found Slag and Dreadwind. I was happy to find all those pictures where his frill runs straight into his body so he looks like a doorstop are mistransformed, he does have a neck in dinosaur mode. No articulation, but at least there's a gap there. Other than that, he looks pretty anemic and bent legged for a Triceratops, but whatever. He could be worse. The black back in the stock photos is also wrong, the production version ended up with a grey back with just a black stripe. Dreadwind's an Arielbot in more interesting colors, nothing unexpected there.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Have any YouTube reviewers gotten their hands on figures yet? I'm legitimately shocked that people are finding them at retail when the usual people haven't gotten their toys ages before us as always.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Holy poo poo, his thingy even spins like the original toy!

God... that price tag really hurts. But if you're a Beast Wars fan, you gotta get him. It's loving Dinobot. He isn't optional. Dinobot's the coolest character in the whole show.

After Dinobot, the 2nd coolest character is Beast Megatron. If Dinobot is that big... good lord, how huge would Megatron be?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gammatron 64 posted:

After Dinobot, the 2nd coolest character is Beast Megatron. If Dinobot is that big... good lord, how huge would Megatron be?

He would be about a head taller than Dinobot, but the thing is that BW Megatron's transformation is WAY simpler than Dinobot's so chances are Megs would at worst only be as expensive as Dinobot, even with the increased bulk.

The best part is that since Dinobot comes with the "Sounds of Earth" golden disk, we'll finally be able to get official heights for the characters.

Edit: Also, we're getting some pseudo confirmation that Dinobot has a movable jaw on his different robot mode faces

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 13, 2017

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SpazmasterX posted:

Have any YouTube reviewers gotten their hands on figures yet? I'm legitimately shocked that people are finding them at retail when the usual people haven't gotten their toys ages before us as always.

Peaugh only just posted up a review of TLK Nitro Zeus, which kind of surprised me. He's been pretty behind the curve in terms of new Transformers as of late.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Peaugh only just posted up a review of TLK Nitro Zeus, which kind of surprised me. He's been pretty behind the curve in terms of new Transformers as of late.

Ha I watched that last night and thought I'd missed it somehow!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Are there any sites that sell TFs that allow you to steadily pay for a TF instead of all at once? I'd love to have Dinobot but there's zero chance I can pay that much at one time.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think Peaugh is losing interest in it all. He’s been complaining a lot that YouTube hits are down and that he may stop in the future.

Keith from KFC was making GBS threads on him too for pointing out one of their precious toys broke during his review.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

Are there any sites that sell TFs that allow you to steadily pay for a TF instead of all at once? I'd love to have Dinobot but there's zero chance I can pay that much at one time.

Do they offer the whole "PayPal credit" thing in whatever country you're in? It's basically PayPal doing a payment plan for you. Probably interest involved but other than that I've never seen an online seller doing layaway.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Checked my target to see if the PotP deluxes were up on a whim and seems like they're not gonna go out until 11/26.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Do they offer the whole "PayPal credit" thing in whatever country you're in? It's basically PayPal doing a payment plan for you. Probably interest involved but other than that I've never seen an online seller doing layaway.

I have a paypal credit card, but I'm still paying off the balance.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Eh.

:colbert:

Gammatron 64 posted:

But if you're a Beast Wars fan, you gotta get him. It's loving Dinobot. He isn't optional. Dinobot's the coolest character in the whole show.

What an odd way to spell "Rattrap," my friend.

Myesssssssssss.

There is definitely interest involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I think Peaugh is losing interest in it all. He’s been complaining a lot that YouTube hits are down and that he may stop in the future.

Keith from KFC was making GBS threads on him too for pointing out one of their precious toys broke during his review.

Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of reviews from him anymore.

I can't blame him. He used to review practically everything. He was practically doing a service by doing that, but that's expensive. Youtube never generated a lot of money for most people, and now it's totally dead. People are having to set up patreon accounts now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What an odd way to spell "Rattrap," my friend.

Silence, vermin. Go scurry through a maze, mouse!