Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
no really join a boxing club, you get cut and also dont snap as much at your family and friends

people need outlets for our chemical bullshits dude

we evolved by beating tigers to death to now order pad thai from our phones. that is still in there somewhere and for some people its a much bigger appetite than something like drugs or sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bust Rodd posted:

no really join a boxing club, you get cut and also dont snap as much at your family and friends

people need outlets for our chemical bullshits dude

we evolved by beating tigers to death to now order pad thai from our phones. that is still in there somewhere and for some people its a much bigger appetite than something like drugs or sex.

:weed:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Couldn’t he just I dunno jerk off or something? Fighting seems awfully dangerous.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

LingcodKilla posted:

Couldn’t he just I dunno jerk off or something? Fighting seems awfully dangerous.

do you really want him to associate orgasms with violence

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Mycroft Holmes posted:

There's nothing wrong with BDSM

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

Or just pick a fight with someone who has martial arts training and get hurt badly a gun and die

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Mycroft Holmes posted:

*clip of From Beyond where the main characters find the house owner who had just came back as a goop monster's BDSM room*

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LingcodKilla posted:

trying to create another Louie CK?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Fight goon reminds me of Road Rage goon from like 100 pages back. One of these days, yeah, he's going to tell the wrong person to suck a male camel's dick and he'll get hosed the gently caress up.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The guy seems like a psycho. I understand drunken bar brawls, but punching a guy because... He was wrong about weather?

That's not "fighting", that's just assault

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Miserable Maid posted:

The guy seems like a psycho. I understand drunken bar brawls, but punching a guy because... He was wrong about weather?

Yeah I can understand (but not condone) getting worked up after an argument. But manufacturing one seems a bit sociopathic.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Miserable Maid posted:

Perhaps?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've been in enough bar fights to know that eventually he's gonna have to deal with someone that gets really stabby really fast. There's always someone tougher than you and there's always someone crazier than you.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Yeah the "fighter" is just a pathetic frustrated little loser although I wonder if what's really happening is sad little flailing slap fights rather than actual dangerous fights, otherwise he's extremely lucky to have not been properly done in by now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also it’s unreal how much even the most basic fighting techniques clean up your game.

Like you can probably go toe to toe with most people and win after maybe 6 months of regular boxing training.

That’s in a fair 1v1 though.

Seriously MMA/kickboxing was one of the best investments of time and energy I’ve ever made. There is no reason to go through life scared of other people.

I’m not a tough guy and I never fight strangers or threaten violence because I’m not a little kid, but the confidence of knowing “ok if this guy hits me I can choke him out and beat his face while he can’t breathe” is what gives you the strength of character to say “ok pal, I’m sorry, why don’t you go cool off” instead of sputtering and looking insecure. Most dudes don’t wanna fight and the ones that like to fight are probably crazy/small/trained and any combination of 2 out of those 3 is bad news and your gonna wish you knew how to take a punch or not get your loving arm broken in a real fight

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of my old roommates snapped a guys arm in a fight in an alley once. Gotta remember tapping doesn't stop poo poo in a street fight.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you get the same confidence by being a crazy person and it's a lot less work

and you could probably still win most fights it really helps your game out in general

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've been in enough bar fights to know that eventually he's gonna have to deal with someone that gets really stabby really fast. There's always someone tougher than you and there's always someone crazier than you.

I'm sorry your dad named you Sue :(

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I can't find it now but there's a pretty accurate Hunter S Thompson quote along the lines of how just being properly punched in the face at least once and realising it's not the end of the world will put you at an extreme advantage over anyone who hasn't experienced it yet.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 25, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Throat punched him eh? Regular Steven Seagal we got here!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Throat punched him eh? Regular Steven Seagal we got here!

it's not a particularly difficult move.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh I know. Especially if the dude is winding up for what my boxing coach used to call "The Bar Fight Haymaker." That's where you reach all the way back to make a show of you hitting someone so there's time for people to stop you.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G772ymjcIys
Yup checks out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I find that little prick who mowed down the woman on his bike and killed her (in the UK news a few weeks back) really attractive?

It's not even related to his behaviour, he's just super cute and I think his piercings are very flattering. I love slightly effete piercings on guys.

It's weird to talk about this, since he apparently was sentenced several weeks ago, but every time I type in "BBC" in the URL bar at work and hit enter to check the news it automatically predicts that news story and takes me to a pic of his face (because I'm too lazy to clear history), so I get constantly reminded of it and I feel I need to get this out of my system. If I said this to a person IRL I'm pretty sure I'd get judged hardcore for my priorities so...

Looked it up and the guy is in fact super twinky if that's your thing

Unexpected honestly

quote:

I don't have any career goals, or even dreams for that matter. In all honesty, I just want to win a bunch of money so I can quit my job and stay at home all day doing inconsequential bullshit. I'd travel every now and again, but I just want to binge on media. It'd probably be a worthless life, but do what makes you happy, right?

It's my guess that you'd be happy doing this for a few months but then go stir-crazy

I've talked about this at length several times, I once had a job where I got paid too much money to basically dick around online all day and it drove me nuts after a while

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

As someone that doesn't have to work I can confirm it is nice for a little while but eventually you have to get out and do SOMETHING. Smoking weed and playing video games all day is nice for a few years but it does get old. hosed up but true.

I always get a kick being in my early 30s telling guys in their 60s how to survive retirement.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

As someone that doesn't have to work I can confirm it is nice for a little while but eventually you have to get out and do SOMETHING. Smoking weed and playing video games all day is nice for a few years but it does get old. hosed up but true.

I always get a kick being in my early 30s telling guys in their 60s how to survive retirement.

Strictly depends on the person. You know I have never watched all 7 seasons of Next Generation? Should be done in a couple of weeks to a month.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
As someone who has watched an obscene amount of media (I've seen the entire harry potter series about 15 times, breaking bad about 10 times, the shield about 15 times, stargate sg-1 about 25, supernatural about 15....you get the idea), you WILL get bored. There is not enough media out there to keep you entertained in the long term.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's okay to be physically attracted to a really lovely person. prettiness is not related to personality, despite what the media suggests

if you'd consider excusing the guy for his crimes because you think he's pretty, then, well, that's something to work on yeah

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

As someone who has watched an obscene amount of media (I've seen the entire harry potter series about 15 times, breaking bad about 10 times, the shield about 15 times, stargate sg-1 about 25, supernatural about 15....you get the idea), you WILL get bored. There is not enough media out there to keep you entertained in the long term.

Might I suggest Yakitate the bread baking anime? Dark Angel? Cleopatra 2525? Video games? Posting on an internet forum?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

Might I suggest Yakitate the bread baking anime? Dark Angel? Cleopatra 2525? Video games? Posting on an internet forum?

I only watch quality media sorry.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh I know. Especially if the dude is winding up for what my boxing coach used to call "The Bar Fight Haymaker." That's where you reach all the way back to make a show of you hitting someone so there's time for people to stop you.

i had to google what a haymaker is but yeah that's exactly what he was doing, waving his arm around making a big show. so i hit him in the throat while he was flailing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I only watch quality media sorry.

You've sat through the fly episode of breaking bad how many times? Yeah sit down and shutup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ZRSwul7cE

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 12, 2017

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Duck and Cover posted:

Strictly depends on the person. You know I have never watched all 7 seasons of Next Generation? Should be done in a couple of weeks to a month.

Sure, but once you do that then what? You find another series for a little bit but because you have nothing but time you binge that and are left with the same problem of "now what?" I thought the same thing with computer games but eventually you run out of stuff that interests you and get bored. At that point you just want time to pass so you start drinking, doing drugs, and masturbating a lot because why not? You've got nothing better to do. It's a dangerous spiral that can be a bitch to get out of and the longer you stay in the rut the harder it is to get out.

I'm sure some people wouldn't care and would continue down that spiral while being happy and I did that for like, 5 years, and had to get out of the house and do something before I killed myself to end the boredom.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
If you like twinks, there are lots out there that havent killed people

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

You've sat through the fly episode of breaking bad how many times? Yeah sit down and shutup

I skip that one every time fyi

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

got any sevens posted:

If you like twinks, there are lots out there that havent killed people

:lol:ing at the idea of a twink causing anyone's death but their own

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
someone said twink. this conversation has peaked my interest

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Sure, but once you do that then what? You find another series for a little bit but because you have nothing but time you binge that and are left with the same problem of "now what?" I thought the same thing with computer games but eventually you run out of stuff that interests you and get bored. At that point you just want time to pass so you start drinking, doing drugs, and masturbating a lot because why not? You've got nothing better to do. It's a dangerous spiral that can be a bitch to get out of and the longer you stay in the rut the harder it is to get out.

I'm sure some people wouldn't care and would continue down that spiral while being happy and I did that for like, 5 years, and had to get out of the house and do something before I killed myself to end the boredom. I'm unconvinced I'll ever run out of things to do.

Next up? Colony season 2 probably. The new league of Path of Exile. I don't drink or do drugs and have no desire to. Like I find while there are gaps, it becomes a matter of finding something new/old to consume.

I skip that one every time fyi

Good call.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don’t talk about fight club.