Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I drove to Pittsburgh today and the PA turnpike is littered with billboards telling passerby to demand that Congress support Trump's agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Really though, that's just sports team bullshit.

Dammit the quarterback is a kiddie diddler, but he's OUR kiddie diddler.

I would say that I know some Steelers fans who are decent people but I can't think of a single example.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Zeroisanumber posted:

I would say that I know some Steelers fans who are decent people but I can't think of a single example.

My dad was a pretty progressive Steelers fan (because he got out of the hell that was Western PA) but fell down the Fox News singularity and had his brain slightly warped in his old age.

Guess Western PA exists in everyone. Just takes Fox to bring it out.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I have been to few places more depressing than Reading, PA. And I used to live in Hamilton, Ontario.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
The city of Pittsburgh is pretty liberal. My girlfriend’s family is from up north in Butler county and it’s all evangelicals up there.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

jerman999 posted:

The city of Pittsburgh is pretty liberal. My girlfriend’s family is from up north in Butler county and it’s all evangelicals up there.

The concept of Pennsyltucky is really interesting. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh as the liberal areas on both sides of the state, with a whole lot of Alabama/Kentucky in the middle.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MA-Horus posted:

I have been to few places more depressing than Reading, PA. And I used to live in Hamilton, Ontario.

Words do not express how much of a depressing poo poo hole Reading is. We used to play Reading Roulette around July, try to figure out if it was fireworks or more gunshots.

The rest of the year it was just gunshots.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Southern PA seems to forget which side they fought on during the Civil War. I grew up near Gettysburg and my brother lives near York now and the number of Confederate flags is puzzling. It also pretty much nixes the whole "heritage not hate" argument.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

psydude posted:

Southern PA seems to forget which side they fought on during the Civil War. I grew up near Gettysburg and my brother lives near York now and the number of Confederate flags is puzzling. It also pretty much nixes the whole "heritage not hate" argument.

I saw that when driving through rural Indiana as well. As a southerner I was equal parts surprised/disgusted/offended.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

psydude posted:

Yeah outside the park Gettysburg is a dump that needs to be reminded who won.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Chrome extension changes the font in Trump Tweets to scribbled crayon. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/make-trump-tweets-eight-a/iopebbikefjcknnbmdkkcebchlnaioen?hl=en

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

I made a side quest to Reading while visiting family in the Lehigh Valley a few years ago just to take in the spectacle of America's Northernmost Bojangles Franchise.

You gotta season your own fries.
The potatoes come with white gravy instead of brown.

THEY HAVE CRANBERRY SAUCE INSTEAD OF MAC & CHEESE.

If that place got hit by a nuke, it would count as gentrification.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

I made a side quest to Reading while visiting family in the Lehigh Valley a few years ago just to take in the spectacle of America's Northernmost Bojangles Franchise.

Popeye's > Bojangles

Every time I go back to Illinois, I'm amazed Taco John's is still open. It's the blandest drat food outside of a gas station. But there's a lot of white people in rural Illinois and anything too spicy will melt their stomach linings. Anything more than the sacred three (salt, pepper, butter) is practically a sin.

I'm dying for some White Castle but the closest is St Louis. :smith:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I started working in downtown Harrisburg recently as opposed to some of the more red areas surrounding, and my life is much more for the better.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Popeye's > Bojangles

Every time I go back to Illinois, I'm amazed Taco John's is still open. It's the blandest drat food outside of a gas station. But there's a lot of white people in rural Illinois and anything too spicy will melt their stomach linings. Anything more than the sacred three (salt, pepper, butter) is practically a sin.

Only redeeming quality of taco John's is the hash rounds.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Popeye's > Bojangles

WTF?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Bojangles has breakfast.

That alone puts it over the top.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bojangles gives me the worst goddamned bubbleguts. Popeye's grew on me over the years. Both are superior to KFC.

I have weird stomach issues anyhow. Barbecue sauce and anything coated in it refuses to stay down. Painted a lot of walls bbq sauce vomit red before I stopped eating it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

my kinda ape posted:

I don’t think any sane businessperson would buy it.

Honestly y'all should donate to lowtax's Patreon to keep our dead gay ivory tower forum alive.

link to patreon? I didn't know there was one.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Popeye's > Bojangles

Taco John's is amazing and better than Taco Bell. A six pack and a pound makes for great drunk food.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Bojangles gives me the worst goddamned bubbleguts. Popeye's grew on me over the years. Both are superior to KFC.

I have weird stomach issues anyhow. Barbecue sauce and anything coated in it refuses to stay down. Painted a lot of walls bbq sauce vomit red before I stopped eating it.

KFC is bad chicken coated in wallpaper paste. I don't know how they still exist.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

KFC is bad chicken coated in wallpaper paste. I don't know how they still exist.

White midwesterners I'm guessing.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 13, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

LingcodKilla posted:

Bojangles has breakfast.

That alone puts it over the top.

On the other hand, Popeyes Biscuits.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
And Popeyes spicy gravy. poo poo's good.

Don't let their affiliations with military bases fool you, it's pretty decent.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I usually go for their popcorn shrimp.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Church's Chicken

How does it exist, and who actually eats there?

Fat people. The answer is always fat people.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's a local place that does fried chicken and doughnuts near me and they're insanely good. Like god drat, as long as they're in business and as long as I live here I'll never have chicken anywhere else.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Bojangles and Popeyes are both excellent hangover food.

If we're talkin' the best fast food chicken though, it's Raising Cane's all the drat way. Holy poo poo that is the stuff.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Terrible Robot posted:

link to patreon? I didn't know there was one.

https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Terrible Robot posted:

Bojangles and Popeyes are both excellent hangover food.

If we're talkin' the best fast food chicken though, it's Raising Cane's all the drat way. Holy poo poo that is the stuff.

They're the ones that have that mayo-soy sauce-paprika poo poo don't they

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Hooray, I too am now sending the tax man $4.20 a month. I've spent more on dumber poo poo.

FAUXTON posted:

They're the ones that have that mayo-soy sauce-paprika poo poo don't they

That's them. Idk what the sauce is but it's pretty drat tasty.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Some fat loving nerds in here

Gonna be able to poo poo 20' through a screen door just thinking about those choices christ

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
It's been almost a year since I had Cane's and nearly 5 since I had Bojangles or Popeyes but lol if fast food makes you blow up a toilet. Goons have the weakest fuckin digestive tracts I swear to god.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's what happens when you raise kids without proper seasonings. Salt, pepper, butter are the staples holding Midwestern belts together at the torn seams.

It's like keeping your kids from animals and dirt, they're just going to be allergic to loving everything the rest of their lives.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's what happens when you raise kids without proper seasonings. Salt, pepper, butter are the staples holding Midwestern belts together at the torn seams.

It's like keeping your kids from animals and dirt, they're just going to be allergic to loving everything the rest of their lives.

Can confirm, grew up with a nail-biting habit and a whole yard full of the old sheet metal Tonka trucks, turns out I'm allergic to nothing they had on a RAST test and the last time I had a measurable fever was like 5-6 years ago.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dogs boost immune systems in kids.

Another reason to have a dog.

Don’t have kids? It’s probably because you’re single and lonely.

You should get a dog.

DINK?

You can probably afford a dog, so get a dog.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
4.20 from me so i can watch you fucks post while day drinking.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

Dogs boost immune systems in kids.

Another reason to have a dog.

Don’t have kids? It’s probably because you’re single and lonely.

You should get a dog.

DINK?

You can probably afford a dog, so get a dog.

We had cats, all the kids who got the "whenever it feels like it" asthma had dogs.

Maybe it was something else but I'm gonna go with the dogs as the cause of the bitchlungs. At least my poo poo got sorted as I grew up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Melthir posted:

4.20 from me so i can watch you fucks post while day drinking.

Hey Melthir what ever happened to that walrus dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

LingcodKilla posted:

Hey Melthir what ever happened to that walrus dick?

gently caress me in the goat rear end, i went on a TDY trip and forgot. Let me go find the drat thing. My bad man. Tube is still on top of the fridge i think.

• Locked thread