Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Dragonball is just animated wrestling with laser beams and explosions.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Clearly Goku will defeat Jiren by out-spinning him. How did I not see this before?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

bowmore posted:

I was expecting Frieza to jump in after Goku de-blued in the fight, but then I forgot that UI was coming back

I expect Frieza to suckerpunch them out of the ring at the last moment, denying Goku a clean fight. While everyone else remarks for 5 minutes about how eeeeevil Frieza is.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Neo_Crimson posted:

for 5 minutes
So for the next thirty episodes?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'm really curious as to why universe 3 and 4 are still so confident. Too self assured to use the fusion and not shaken by Jiren's display of power.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Flubby posted:

I'm really curious as to why universe 3 and 4 are still so confident. Too self assured to use the fusion and not shaken by Jiren's display of power.

They secretly have left bombs all over the arena. At the last second, they all go off, destroy the floor, and they got people who can fly in the world of void.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

U3 has a bot that will clearly combine to tank until clock out, leaving them three people in. U2 has hidden bugs they’re banking on.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
There is like no chance anyone who gets erased is gonna stay erased so treating the arc with intense drama and dread would be a waste of time and just make it all feel rather pointless if they did anything else but just have fun with it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Flytrap posted:

There is like no chance anyone who gets erased is gonna stay erased so treating the arc with intense drama and dread would be a waste of time and just make it all feel rather pointless if they did anything else but just have fun with it.

If they end with everyone still erased, DBS fandom will explode with anger.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'd honestly appreciate the show for having balls if they did that. It'd be a better outcome in my opinion.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hypothesis: the tournament leaves us with a handful of people from what’s left after one or two erasures more. These feature next arc since nobody is actually getting the tourney wish save Freiza, because no gently caress, Vegeta saying it in show is sign for WILL NOT HAPPEN

Big fat arc devoted to grabbing the Supers in a full loop of the original quest, finale, all universes wished back

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Black August posted:

Hypothesis: the tournament leaves us with a handful of people from what’s left after one or two erasures more. These feature next arc since nobody is actually getting the tourney wish save Freiza, because no gently caress, Vegeta saying it in show is sign for WILL NOT HAPPEN

Big fat arc devoted to grabbing the Supers in a full loop of the original quest, finale, all universes wished back

Freiza is legit the tourney MVP atm

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

khwarezm posted:

It's still funny to me that when Shin was first introduced they put some effort into making him seem like a badass.

Shin has the potential to be a truly great Kai.

(If he didn't, it wouldn't be funny that he's so hilariously-ill-trained.)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd really dig if all the other Universe Aces just became part of the small army Goku has.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Justin_Brett posted:

I'd really dig if all the other Universe Aces just became part of the small army Goku has.

I really want that "this is all part of Goku's plan to overthrow the divine order" plotline to be real.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Kild posted:

Are you going by ring-outs or who the Omni-Kings think is coolest. Because it's probably going to be Friueza gloating about how he won when El Grande Padre interrupts to say that, actually, Goku is so cool you guys.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HitTheTargets posted:

Are you going by ring-outs or who the Omni-Kings think is coolest. Because it's probably going to be Friueza gloating about how he won when El Grande Padre interrupts to say that, actually, Goku is so cool you guys.

Don't spoil the manga for people, it hasn't even started the Tournament yet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

*Totaro draws the line art as his left hand begins to go under the table*

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

Goku is only allowed to be the coolest because Frieza saved him and gave him energy.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Rand Brittain posted:

Shin has the potential to be a truly great Kai.

(If he didn't, it wouldn't be funny that he's so hilariously-ill-trained.)

Doesn't the manga say the kai Buu absorbed was super laid back and that's why Shin is awful?

Kild posted:

Vegeta is if you're going by eliminations. He's seriously got like 2 teams worth atm.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I'd really like to see frieza vs. jiren, actually

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

Doesn't the manga say the kai Buu absorbed was super laid back and that's why Shin is awful?

Vegeta is if you're going by eliminations. He's seriously got like 2 teams worth atm.

he got point docked for not giving goku energy for the spirit bomb and losing goku to frieza

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SirKibbles posted:

Yeah, Gowasu asks Shin how he didn't know about the Potara's time limit and Shin believes it's because the Grand Kaioshin was too laid back, enough to not use the Potara himself which led to himself getting absorbed by Buu.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Does U7 prove the Grand Priest wrong?

The gods never got involved and screwed up constantly. They were almost all killed.

Instead of failing, U7 produced the strongest warriors in the cosmos.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Neo_Crimson posted:

I really want that "this is all part of Goku's plan to overthrow the divine order" plotline to be real.

I mean he directly encouraged hit to get tougher so they're not the playthings of the GoDs anymore and did the same with all his friends (esp. Gohan who's gonna surpass them on his own terms/ without Blue or God Ki).

It's something they're been directly setting up.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

(esp. Gohan who's gonna surpass them on his own terms/ without Blue or God Ki).
But Gohan unlocked all his potential thanks to a God.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gohan is a loser and he's never going to beat any "final boss" again. He's Piccalo tier

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RealFoxy posted:

Gohan is a loser and he's never going to beat any "final boss" again. He's Piccalo tier

Hey, he hasn't lost any arms yet.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I feel like someone really wanted to focus on the Gohan/Piccolo vs Namekians fight but someone else said "no, we don't have time"

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not in this timeline, maybe.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Blaze Dragon posted:

Emphasis added.

E: Beaten like Gohan. :smith:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Jiren is loving op

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RealFoxy posted:

Piccolo has been clawing his way back up. He was fodder in the Buu saga, now he regularly clowns on Gohan. At this rate Piccolo will be top tier again in no time, just you wait!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean he directly encouraged hit to get tougher so they're not the playthings of the GoDs anymore and did the same with all his friends (esp. Gohan who's gonna surpass them on his own terms/ without Blue or God Ki).

It's something they're been directly setting up.

They're being subtle about it too

Gohan is the only one short of Freeza who is actually pacing himself, and unlike Freeza he's staying in the background most of the time. 17 had a huge show where he pulled all of his tricks out already, multiple times, 18 has been struggling the entire time due to largely giving up on fighting until now

Gohan is just quietly in the background, almost entirely unharmed. None of the other contestants think of him as a threat, the last time Toppo saw him he was barely SSJ level.

Now things could go against him and he just doesn't do anything, but it feels like they're saving him for a last minute thing due to how smart he's been about fighting and not drawing attention to himself.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blaze Dragon posted:

because he's been using pickle as a human shield, probably be dead by now

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

because he's been using pickle as a human shield, probably be dead by now

To be fair, it's a strategy that's been working for him since he was like 5 years old, why change up now?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

To be fair, it's a strategy that's been working for him since he was like 5 years old, why change up now?
true that

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

17 has unlimited reserves, spamming ultimates is entirely what he should be doing every second of the TOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AtomikKrab posted:

17 has unlimited reserves, spamming ultimates is entirely what he should be doing every second of the TOP.

Something 17 himself points out, too. He's fully aware of how broken infinite Ki is in a survival tournament.

But he hasn't beaten anyone like a rug. Yet.