Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Oh poo poo, I thought it was 3 Realms for 15 mythril, that's awesome news!

How bad is Rikku BSB and Paine USB/BSB? I only have Tidus USB for water so I figured if I got either of those, they'd be a good supplement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey I dollar pulled Rude's SSB. :toot:

Proshellga + Last Stand in one package is neat enough.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

ceaselessfuture posted:

Oh poo poo, I thought it was 3 Realms for 15 mythril, that's awesome news!

How bad is Rikku BSB and Paine USB/BSB? I only have Tidus USB for water so I figured if I got either of those, they'd be a good supplement.
I had to throw in a level 80 Rikku(BSB) to finally beat the FFX D300, if that's worth anything. Helped Bartz and Tidus(USB) get to the needed dps, and she was adding on some decent damage herself.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Rikku/Paine BSBs aren't amazing, but they're not horrendously outdated. Just not really optimal.

The USBs are solid, especially for Paine once Engulfing Twinstrike gets buffed.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dollar pulled a USB :woop:

It was Tifa's that I already have :negative:

Oh well, it is now combined and is my most powerful weapon which is nice since I tend to run Rikku a lot and run Zell and Tifa situationally

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Did my first MP 220 with some friends. Bartz/Y'shtola/Y'shtola/Aeris/Cloud/Faris/Beatrix/Red XIII. That omniresist for the second phase was rather frustrating, but we just slowly whittled our way through him with big defensive buffs/heals. Now I just need one of those to cycle around with dex motes, they're my 4-star bottleneck.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Oh well, it is now combined and is my most powerful weapon which is nice since I tend to run Rikku a lot and run Zell and Tifa situationally

My 7-star weapons are Gladio's OSB sword, and... Red XIII's Ultra hairpin. That only he and Tyro can use.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I got two of Elena's grenade so now my highest ATK weapon in FF7 synergy is a grenade. Zidane is putting out some good damage dashing and slashing with his grenade

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 13, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Elena's SSB is pretty meh being just a simple Damage + EnFire SSB in this day in age.

The relic itself though is actually a really good grab because it's a +Fire physical thrower, making it a pretty handy thing for some characters to make use of.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Hey guys, is there any reason why I would be losing a lot of followers despite the Rikku USB I have as my RW? I somehow I can’t stay at 100 followers and I don’t remove anyone unless I feel like removing inactives.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Armitage posted:

Hey guys, is there any reason why I would be losing a lot of followers despite the Rikku USB I have as my RW? I somehow I can’t stay at 100 followers and I don’t remove anyone unless I feel like removing inactives.

They remove you?

*shrug*

I went from about 30 people using my FFIII geared Noctis SSB RW per day to about 3 people per day when I geared him for FFVII. Almost no difference in attack. I dunno why that happened either.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Armitage posted:

Does it actually matter?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Hey speaking of which, what are some good SBs to use as an RW? I guess it doesn't matter too much but I kinda like being useful to others.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Oh yeah I should change my RW to Rikku...

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I get about 25 users a day with my RW set to Bartz 4-element USB. If I had Wall or Rikku's USB I would set that but I think a big chunk of RW uses are people looking for a specific element to fulfill mission requirements while grinding out realm dungeons

Griz
May 21, 2001

ceaselessfuture posted:

Hey speaking of which, what are some good SBs to use as an RW? I guess it doesn't matter too much but I kinda like being useful to others.

half my friends list is wall and Shadow BSB for exp dungeon farming.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
My friends list is equal parts Rikku USB, Cloud USB, and Shadow BSB, for difficult content, jump starts, and exp dungeons respectively.

I finally completed a magicite dungeon in under 30 seconds. Sealion, 21-23 seconds with next to no randomness. I like how reliable Terra is without her LM (although it would probably speed things up even further). I RM Cid's Thunder God Might, USB immediately, and then damage cap meltdown and scorching rays for the remainder of the fight. Stacking the USB and TGM means nearly instant cast everything.

Do magicite dungeons ever permanently lower their stamina cost?

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 13, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Finally got around to egging Firion so I could use his BSB and hoooooooooooly poo poo. :stare:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I've got a lot of Orlandeau RWs but now that I've got guys who can bring the massive damage on their own that's not as much of a priority.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Do magicite dungeons ever permanently lower their stamina cost?

Yeah.

...when 4* Magicite comes out. :suicide:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Materia Keeper was a huge pushover. The only SB I cast was Barret pentabreak SSB at the start with MM RM.

It could also be that the water ninja combo is incredibly busted. Yuffie crushed him with Raging Waters.

Probably both.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Materia Keeper was a huge pushover. The only SB I cast was Barret pentabreak SSB at the start with MM RM.

It could also be that the water ninja combo is incredibly busted. Yuffie crushed him with Raging Waters.

Probably both.

My team involved Cloud with BSB2 and OSB, Seph with BSB2, Yuffie with BSB and USB, and Shelke with BSB. Everyone with +Elemental% weapons and armors.

That was a sad, sad fight.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Well there's also 4* (and presumably 5* at some point magicites to consider!

But yeah he wouldn't really do much heavy lifting on the ones you've listed, I don't even think his doublecast would trigger against Golem since Meltdown would be doing wind damage instead of fire, but maybe it's coded as a "fire skill" either way? I can't remember how that works. Either way, ninja magic is the easiest / fastest way to tackle that by far.

I only have Fujin BSB basically for magic wind damage - do you recommend just using her then slapping ninja magic on a second caster?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I only have Fujin BSB basically for magic wind damage - do you recommend just using her then slapping ninja magic on a second caster?

Vivi doublecasts all black magic so he is actually pretty drat good at everything. His USB will let him triple cast all black magic as well.

My only source of magic wind damage was Fujin, meltdown, and ninja magic. Unless you want to hone multiple copies of ninja magic you'll definitely want to put the ninja magic on a second caster. Luckily the ninja MAG softcap is really low so it'll be nearly impossible for PHY focused ninjas to not cap its damage.

Edit: There are only two reasons not to LD Vivi. Don't do it if you don't have decent black magic hones and don't do it if you are too lazy to trigger his trance.

Figuring out which ability to bring to do just enough damage to drop him into trance without killing him is a non-trivial amount of work.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 13, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
what kind of mileage do you get out of un-enelemented (except fire i guess) meltdown casts from tranced vivi on magicite bosses? ~5000dmg x6?

i got my edge doing 9999x2 (occasionally x4) with raging wind with 1 piece of +wind equipment

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 13, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I beat golem! Fujin is really good.

Now hydra is kicking my rear end. Tifa and her old bsb alone is not enough to beat this. I panic pulled on this new banner and got her usb but it looks like you cast that for the buffs more than damage

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

what kind of mileage do you get out of un-enelemented (except fire i guess) meltdown casts from tranced vivi on magicite bosses? ~5000dmg x6?

i got my edge doing 9999x2 (occasionally x4) with raging wind with 1 piece of +wind equipment

Enlir's spreadsheet shows it just under the cap against Golem with +20% from gear, +15% from magicites, and +30% from Scholar's Boon. 60k when doublecast triggers. This assumes you hit the Mag softcap but I don't think you should run mage meta if you can't do that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is Shelke's multi-attack in her JS battle coded not to kill guys or did I just get dang lucky on my win? Had three times where someone got down to a sliver of life while the recovery spell was about to be cast.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Is Shelke's multi-attack in her JS battle coded not to kill guys or did I just get dang lucky on my win? Had three times where someone got down to a sliver of life while the recovery spell was about to be cast.

I've wondered a few times if dena pulls that video game developer trick where the last sliver of health is actually a bit bigger than it visually appears.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
has anyone else seen this loving thing someone spent their precious few moments on this earth writing and revising http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf its a wealth of incredibly useful info but goddamn

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

as you say, it's a wealth of incredibly useful info. cocking a snook and going aah, l'autismo, isn't very graceful

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Beasteh posted:

as you say, it's a wealth of incredibly useful info. cocking a snook and going aah, l'autismo, isn't very graceful

fair enough but i feel like the OP could just have that one link and instructions on how to ctrl-f

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I beat golem! Fujin is really good.

Now hydra is kicking my rear end. Tifa and her old bsb alone is not enough to beat this. I panic pulled on this new banner and got her usb but it looks like you cast that for the buffs more than damage

Tifa USB isn't enough to beat Hydra alone but it's really good. Party Last Stand and Radiant Shield is going to help a lot. Especially Radiant Shield. Those savage AoEs will reflect back at him really hard.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Snazzy Frocks posted:

fair enough but i feel like the OP could just have that one link and instructions on how to ctrl-f

Won't help you with some things. It doesn't cover magicite or LM at all. Good general resource though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hydra I beat in one shot, he's probably the easiest one I've fought sub 60. It helps I have gladiolus and his bsb, ssb, osb, and full RD (but not LD or LMR)

Sealion is very very close between not enough damage, and just enough.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I didn't need to pull on FF7 but

this'll go well with Seph's SSB2 and Red's LMR hell yeah

also my first FF7 boostga I think?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Are we getting the Crystal Tower banner?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Why not pull on VII banner 1 I thought. I'd love Red's USB and my synergy isn't great. The only real duds would be a dupe Sephiroth OSB or Shelke's weird and super lovely SSB.

2/11 Seph OSB and Shelke SSB

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Shinra's Finest was good fun. More like those please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I feel like I'm going to go insane grinding this for Dark Orbs over the course of ten days.

• Locked thread