Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd put BotW behind WW and OoT for the simple reason it's dungeons are trash. Worst in the series. It's just such a major detriment it brings down the average. It might be the best at everything else, but that worst at a main factor drops it down behind things that aren't as good in other ways.

Actually, I'd put it behind MM, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I liked Link Between Worlds because I remember there being a point where you could literally explore the entire world without beating the dungeons. None of the bullshit of “oh, you need the special glove to lift this rock to get to this part of the map” bullshit. I cleared all of the hidden stuff in the world before I even got to the dungeons, and that was awesome just to not have to artificially extend the game by backtracking.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Astro7x posted:

I liked Link Between Worlds because I remember there being a point where you could literally explore the entire world without beating the dungeons. None of the bullshit of “oh, you need the special glove to lift this rock to get to this part of the map” bullshit. I cleared all of the hidden stuff in the world before I even got to the dungeons, and that was awesome just to not have to artificially extend the game by backtracking.

Except for the stuff you needed dungeon items to get around.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I hope that Dragonball FighterZ is coming to the Switch

after the good numbers from xenoverse and the new arcsys offices in the USA I'd say it's a lock

Rolo posted:

Or maybe BotW, Inklings and Animal Crossing content in SSB4 Deluxe.

Probably not though!

I'd say the chance that more poo poo is added is real, especially since Nintendo keeps stating that "we won't just blindly port poo poo as is, it needs more to justify that" like MK8 and Pokken DX had. I'd expect someone from ARMS and, if Sakurai wants to appease his dear friend Suda, Travis Touchdown

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Controversial take: Link Between Worlds is the GOAT top-down and BotW is the GOAT 3D.

This isn't controversial at all, because it's true

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
If you're ranking by dungeon design, Skyward Sword had the best dungeon design in the entire 2d/3d Zelda series

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want the handheld/LBW Zelda team to make a traditional top-down 8-dungeon Zelda title for the Switch

Because it would be amazing

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
oot water temple is the best dungeon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dizz posted:

oot water temple is the best dungeon

in the game? Probably.

Its pretty solid overall and has some excellent puzzles. The things that drag it down are mostly system issues with the N64, ie. being unable to change your boots without a bunch of slowdown in the menus.

Also it gives you the longshot which is the best item in OoT.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd put BotW behind WW and OoT for the simple reason it's dungeons are trash. Worst in the series. It's just such a major detriment it brings down the average. It might be the best at everything else, but that worst at a main factor drops it down behind things that aren't as good in other ways.

Actually, I'd put it behind MM, too.

I agree with waltzing along? :hf: dude

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rolo posted:

Or maybe BotW, Inklings and Animal Crossing content in SSB4 Deluxe.

Probably not though!

It's hard to imagine that the next Smash Brothers, be it a port or a whole new game, won't include a playable Inkling

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
gently caress that water temple imho

That temple has totally killed multiple play thrus for me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Once you know it you can fly through especially on 3ds with fast boot swapping

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, goddamn, the current Smash includes this guy

the book guy from Fire Emblem Warriors. They can't include some rando like that but not a Splatoon

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Guy Goodbody posted:

the book guy from Fire Emblem Warriors. They can't include some rando like that but not a Splatoon

Isabelle in smash when

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Guy Goodbody posted:

i mean, he was in another game too

sakurai loves fire emblem and i'm glad he'll keep adding new fire emblem characters and pissing off the people who hate them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least he doesn't use a sword

Probably

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Robin The Book Guy was from FE:Awakening...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Robin The Book Guy was from FE:Awakening...

Dude, I just played Fire Emblem Warriors. the book guy was in it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Tatsuta Age posted:

Isabelle in smash when

Isn't she on smashville? Give me resetti instead

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Raserys posted:

i mean, he was in another game too

sakurai loves fire emblem and i'm glad he'll keep adding new fire emblem characters and pissing off the people who hate them

It probably has more to do with FE being suddenly popular and Nintendo wanting to capitalize on that hard rather than sakurai wanting to troll english internet forums.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Dude, I just played Fire Emblem Warriors. the book guy was in it.

Books actually originated in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Motto posted:

It probably has more to do with FE being suddenly popular and Nintendo wanting to capitalize on that hard rather than sakurai wanting to troll english internet forums.

yeah, pissing off people who hate them is a direct result of that

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

cage-free egghead posted:

I’m surprised Nintendo hasn’t said anything about porting Wii or Wii U games to the Switch. It’d be silly if them to not get Mario Maker on it frankly.

Well, they have ported three Wii U games so far...

veni veni veni posted:

I'm hoping for Mario maker, Captain toad, bayonetta 2, and Mario 3D world since I missed all of those. And 3D land is my favorite Mario, even over Odyssey, so I think it's probably a safe bet I'd like 3D world.

I would be honestly shocked if there isn't a captain toad sequel where you collect moons parallel with Odyssey, the same way the first game was parallel to 3D World.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

creationist believer posted:

If you're ranking by dungeon design, Skyward Sword had the best dungeon design in the entire 2d/3d Zelda series

It has the Ancient Cistern and...

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I can't believe book guy got in over playable Ridley

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

next smash bros game will have an iconic metroid character other than samus......yes, that's right....ANTHONY, FROM OTHER M

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DLC Inc posted:

next smash bros game will have an iconic metroid character other than samus......yes, that's right....ANTHONY, FROM OTHER M

We will be removing regular Samus from the roster. Zero Suit Samus will remain.

please understand, there is limited room and we feel this more accurately reflects the Metroid franchise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smash 4 melee edition: all characters replaced by fox

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I wonder if Smash 5 or Smash 4 Deluxe or whatever will finally get them to retool Link so he isn't so goddamn slow and heavy.

It was always a really weird direction to go with him, especially now coming off of Breath of the Wild where he's super tiny and agile.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Real hurthling! posted:

Smash 4 melee edition: all characters replaced by fox
Smash 4 GOTY edition: entire roster is Pikachu/Fox/Meta Knight/Bayonetta (and maybe Falco just for laughs)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Zore posted:

I wonder if Smash 5 or Smash 4 Deluxe or whatever will finally get them to retool Link so he isn't so goddamn slow and heavy.

It was always a really weird direction to go with him, especially now coming off of Breath of the Wild where he's super tiny and agile.

Ganondorf is still a guy who fights with punches and kicks after 3 games so I wouldn't expect it.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Zelda Q: Does the heroes path DLC, which ... shows where you've been in the most recent 100 hours of gameplay? Count inventory time as gameplay time? I am a big fan of opening inventory in video games and then going to work and playing like 3 days later.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

redreader posted:

Zelda Q: Does the heroes path DLC, which ... shows where you've been in the most recent 100 hours of gameplay? Count inventory time as gameplay time? I am a big fan of opening inventory in video games and then going to work and playing like 3 days later.

I believe it just shows paths you’ve walked, warped and died. It doesn’t have any pauses for when you’re in menus.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Zore posted:

Smash4 Link is probably the best he's ever been.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Smash4 Link is probably the best he's ever been.

That is not a high bar to clear tbh

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

That is not a high bar to clear tbh

He's also never been better than Toon Link or Young Link. Which sucks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

He's also never been better than Toon Link or Young Link. Which sucks.

Toon link is cooler anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

Toon link is cooler anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How can I transfer data from my SD to the Switch onboard storage? My SD keeps loving up and is causing system errors.

• Locked thread