Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Furries call regular people and each other weird all the time, what the hell are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I love the fact that there are Nazi furries. It’s not enough to be on the fringes like a furry or a complete outcast like a nazi. No, I want to be completely loving reviled by every other nazi and every other furry and everyone who isn’t one if those two things. I want to be able to count the number of people who don’t want me dead on my fingers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

I love the fact that there are Nazi furries. It’s not enough to be on the fringes like a furry or a complete outcast like a nazi. No, I want to be completely loving reviled by every other nazi and every other furry and everyone who isn’t one if those two things. I want to be able to count the number of people who don’t want me dead on my fingers.

it's like they saw we got to a point in 'internet culture' where the 'shock' of furries wore off and we learned most of them are just harmless nerds who probably have too much money like many of us other kinds of nerds. Then they went 'how can we get back to being hated'.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Some people got humiliation fetishes.

I never really had a problem with the furries part of furries, just that any fandom has really toxic people; furries take it to 11.

There's a really interesting A/T thread about a burnout furry that describes the worst aspects of the group. It has little to do with the actual paraphilia, and more of the weirdly insular and permissive culture that allows the grossest aspects of sexuality.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm a furry and it's pretty cool. It's 2017, we can stop acting like furries are super weird and scary.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mikedawson posted:

I'm a furry and it's pretty cool.

I feel like we have extremely different definitions of the word "cool".

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

I love how everyone in the background is getting into this. I fully believe that Lin announced to the whole crowd that it was selfie time and they were all on board with no hesitation.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, how do you think Jimmy Buffet found out about MBMBaM?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Most likely, he didn't

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

actually, Jimmy Buffett is their uncle

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More likely Jimmy is just acquainted with Lin. In another tweet, Justin has a video of Jimmy and Lin on stage performing Margaritaville at the end of the show during the cast call.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Should have brought Justin up to play guitar, imo. There's no way he doesn't know the chords.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Vargs posted:

lmao. I wonder what the coolest part of being a furry is.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

We can do infinite crime

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Waterbed Wendy posted:

lmao. I wonder what the coolest part of being a furry is.

Taking the fursuit off, most likely.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Mikedawson posted:

I'm a furry and it's pretty cool. It's 2017, we can stop acting like furries are super weird and scary.

Clean your apartment.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Mikedawson posted:

I'm a furry and it's pretty cool. It's 2017, we can stop acting like furries..
Oh whew finally

Mikedawson posted:

..are super weird and scary.

aw dang

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mikedawson posted:

I'm a furry

lol

Basing your identity on a paraphilia is actually incredibly creepy.

Serf
May 5, 2011

have we learned nothing from the brothers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Who the gently caress cares about furries as long as they're not the Nazi kind

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://youtu.be/O8oc4Ej1DQc

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Serf posted:

have we learned nothing from the brothers

I only subscribe to the old testament of the Mcelroys, where they are a vengeful mocking force upon jugglers, furries, and uh others that I don't remember.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Morpheus posted:

I only subscribe to the old testament of the Mcelroys, where they are a vengeful mocking force upon jugglers, furries, and uh others that I don't remember.

Crusty jugglers.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Vargs posted:

maybe he pretends to be an arctic fox or a polar bear or something

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MillennialVulcan posted:

Crusty jugglers.

Crusty Jugglers killed Juicy Crust.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Who the gently caress cares about furries as long as they're not the Nazi kind

Not an emptyquote.

lovely people are gonna be lovely regardless, doesn't change if they're furries or Voltron fans or whatever.
And similarly, I've met fine people who had that as a hobby, just as I've met good folks who like learning languages, or who like video games

Edit: the geek social fallacies still apply, mind, but it's more about communities than specific individuals

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Lots of people breaking the Midnight Amendments in this thread.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Let people chase their bliss as long as they're not hurting anyone.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
it's less that anything's wrong, it's just, hey, have more than one thing and try not to identify yourself by only one of them. i like wrestling, but i get if people were weird to me for announcing myself as a wrestling fan first and foremost, same with video games, or podcasts, or what i do to my genitals in an overheating mascot costume.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Does anyone else have decade-old reheated takes they want to share with the class

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Here's my hot take, if you're a furry good for you, you don't have to tell me though, in fact don't tell me

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the republicans stole the election and put a buffoon in charge

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

it's less that anything's wrong, it's just, hey, have more than one thing and try not to identify yourself by only one of them. i like wrestling, but i get if people were weird to me for announcing myself as a wrestling fan first and foremost, same with video games, or podcasts, or what i do to my genitals in an overheating mascot costume.

I hope Bad News Brown takes out your eye

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

misadventurous posted:

Does anyone else have decade-old reheated takes they want to share with the class

Nintendo artificially limits hardware supply to make it seem like there’s increased demand for their products

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Me IRL:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

you: don't tell me about your self-identification
me, an intellectual:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Furry under Furry media luminary, Griffin McElroy

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/930137728775311360

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
griffin you coward play a goddamn sonic game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Do you think Sega would give him some sort of unlock cheat if he asked nicely enough?