Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Rat posted:

Now you gotta get a PS90 and SBR it to keep that Five-Seven company :q:

PS90, get a stamp to convert to P90 with a short barrel, then get another stamp for a can and make it long again :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I liked the idea the 5.7x28mm round, basically a .22 hornet without the rim.

If I was reloading again I wouldn't mind getting something in 5.7 but I'm not so meh.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

All the :siren:CIVILIAN-LEGAL:siren: 5.7 rounds are kind of lovely.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mad Dragon posted:

All the :siren:CIVILIAN-LEGAL:siren: 5.7 rounds are kind of lovely.

*ballistics gel triggering has intensified*

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I have no idea about the terminal ballistics, but I remember once a guy brought a Five-Seven to a shooting match and seeing it try to knock down steel was just adorably pathetic. It took several rapid hits for the steel to even start falling slowly. It was like "awww, you tried!" in the same way you'd congratulate a toddler for trying to use the toilet while pissing all over the seat.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Finally got my new camera's settings vaguely figured out :toot:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Rat posted:

Finally got my new camera's settings vaguely figured out :toot:

Nice stuff but your colors are not matching! We expect more from you.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The gently caress is all that? Could you explain for a layman that only recognizes the purpose of like 60% of the Anbauteile there?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
On top from back to front is a magnifier, optic (red dot I think), laser. On the right side of the barrel is a flashlight, underneath is a vertical grip.

I need to get a magnifier.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The gently caress is all that?

Oh about $3500 in disposable income

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The gently caress is all that? Could you explain for a layman that only recognizes the purpose of like 60% of the Anbauteile there?

speak american in the gun thread, kraut

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What's the placement of the flashlight button on the reverse side?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

What's the placement of the flashlight button on the reverse side?

Flashlight pressure switch is roughly just above the vertical grip at the 11 o'clock.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Aimpoint M4 red dot sight is on there because it has an 8 year battery life, so I can leave it on all the time and have one less thing to fiddle with when I get woken up at 2AM.
Aimpoint 3X-C magnifier gives some improved target clarity and ID capability. I don't normally use them, but in this specific case, it's useful. I'm not engaging anything past 25m anyways, but this gives me some edge on smaller targets.
Flashlight is for uh, light I guess.
IR laser is so that I can put rounds on target without any visible light.
Silencer set inside the handguard keeps subsonic rounds pretty quiet.

This thing has taken out a lot of critters that have come after my chickens.

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Oh about $3500 in disposable income

Yeah basically :suicide:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Rat posted:

Yeah basically :suicide:

Oh hey IR laser plus I missed seeing the can on it. So call it an even $5000 :v:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Actually I checked the spreadsheet cost basis and even counting the can it's only about $3100.

Only.

:suicide:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
You literally made a two stamp 22 long rifle SBR with an Aimpoint and a DBAL for the purposes of blasting critters trying to get into your chicken coop? Stylish.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Dead Reckoning posted:

You literally made a two stamp 22 long rifle SBR with an Aimpoint and a DBAL for the purposes of blasting critters trying to get into your chicken coop? Stylish.

idk if ive ever heard anything more america.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Every bit of it gets used.

They mostly come at night.

Mostly.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The Rat posted:

Mostly.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I didn't even realize it was 22 but looking at the mag closer, yeah, drat.

Does a 22 short function in that, or does it not feed/cycle? (too low gas pressure? Loading geometry?) And even if you have to load it directly how quiet is one?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Rat posted:

Mostly.
No doubt, but most people use an old 20ga shotgun propped up next to the back door for the same purpose.

A Ruger Charger pistol plus some Primary Arms electronics would have got you 90% of the way there, but wouldn't have been nearly as cool.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
This is the man who saw the Accountant and immediately bought a Barrett afterwards.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Dead Reckoning posted:

No doubt, but most people use an old 20ga shotgun propped up next to the back door for the same purpose.

A Ruger Charger pistol plus some Primary Arms electronics would have got you 90% of the way there, but wouldn't have been nearly as cool.

he put a fuckin IR laser on a .22 so he could use it with night vision for fucks sake does this sound like it was done for rational reasons or because it's awesome

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
You misunderstand me, that's why I love it.

Situation: Raccoons are disturbing the chicken coop.
Normal person: "I think I saw an old Sears shotgun at the pawn shop."
The Rat: "Let me go find my spare infrared laser so I can mount it over the integrated suppressor."
Raccoons: :nutshot:

Those SLR Rifleworks hand guards are the tits, BTW.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 13, 2017

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

I didn't even realize it was 22 but looking at the mag closer, yeah, drat.

Does a 22 short function in that, or does it not feed/cycle? (too low gas pressure? Loading geometry?) And even if you have to load it directly how quiet is one?

I've never tried 22 short, so I can't say. I've been feeding this thing CCI segmented subsonic hollow points for operational use. Functions well and puts down critters harder than any other 22 ammo type I've used.

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

This is the man who saw the Accountant and immediately bought a Barrett afterwards.

To be fair I saw that movie a couple months before I finished an accounting degree, so it was a self graduation present, not just a total whim.

... Just mostly. :suicide:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
While I personally wouldn't drop that much cash on a .22, having a gun that sees actual work I think is good enough reason to blank check that poo poo.

Plus it looks awesome, so good job.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Rule of cool always applies

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Quick post a whole lot of tactilol

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
https://twitter.com/theindigi/status/930142132735762437

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Trick shooter!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Rat posted:

I've never tried 22 short, so I can't say. I've been feeding this thing CCI segmented subsonic hollow points for operational use. Functions well and puts down critters harder than any other 22 ammo type I've used.

It probably wouldn't. Only .22s I know to feed .22 Short and .22 LR are things like pump-action or single shot rifles. The lengths are so radically different that I would be surprised if that magazine could even load it.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 13, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I've got an old Marlin Model 60 that feeds anything in .22 semiauto

22 Short is great for squirrels, and I want to try this fancy hollowpoint subsonic now.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:stare:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

CCI Quiet-22 rounds are pretty awesome if you don't have a suppressor. My spring piston pellet gun makes more noise. The only downside is that they won't cycle most semi-auto guns.

http://cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

CCI Quiet-22 rounds are pretty awesome if you don't have a suppressor. My spring piston pellet gun makes more noise. The only downside is that they won't cycle most semi-auto guns.

http://cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960

how do these work?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

They're only 700fps muzzle velocity rather than 1050 or up. They're hilariously quiet through a canned gun. Different zero/trajectory than standard rounds though.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

8 year battery life on the M4 is bullshit BTW since I got my spank-new 416 in '11 I've changed the AA cell twice. :colbert:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

8 years at the lowest setting is probably how Aimpoint rates it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
So I just got put into a gun group on Facebook that is for "like minded" individuals with very specific instructions on how to sell a gun on the group circumventing Facebook's rules against selling gum on their website.

Should I :

A. Take screen shots of posts and report them to Facebook?

B. Invite every non white person on my friends list into said group?

C. Both