Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just didn't wanna go 0-16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The road to 1-15 starts HERE.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Spoeank posted:

I just didn't wanna go 0-16

Same tbh.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Honestly that game said way more about the state of the Giants than the Niners, but good on y'all for taking care of business

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benne posted:

Honestly that game said way more about the state of the Giants than the Niners, but good on y'all for taking care of business

All Pro WRs UDFA Kendrick Bourne and hasn’t-played-in-the-NFL-since-2015 Louis Murphy are all about taking care of the business.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I was wondering why Goodwin broke down after his touchdown, and ...

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/929899439476449281

:(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jesus Christ poor Marquise :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Frankly I'm very upset that the Niners didn't beat the Rams again instead.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

Jesus :(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Benne posted:

ah loving hell. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

poo poo. I wonder if he showed up for work because he knew this was his team's one decent shot at winning a game this season and he didn't want to take that away from them.

That or he just needed the distraction and the normalcy of the work routine, which is another thing people sometimes do when they're dealing with tragedy, but either way: dang, poor guy, and I'm glad he got a TD and helped his team win a game.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

That explains the TD reaction. :( drat.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Oh my god Cardinals, what are you doing. It's too late to aim for a top 5 pick; pull up, pull up!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

HE'S BACK BABY

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Considering that the only time Maxwell was ever good was when he played next to Sherman, and Sherman is now dead, I'm ... not getting my hopes up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maxwell got thrown to a ton when he was opposite Sherman. It's probably gonna be a bit more distributed with Shaq on the other side.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

HE'S BACK BABY

I mean, how bad can it be...

:ohdear:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Boss is taking me to the Seahawks/Falcons game and I am psyched! I haven't been to a game since 2013, and that was way up in the Hawks nest.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Peachfart posted:

Boss is taking me to the Seahawks/Falcons game and I am psyched! I haven't been to a game since 2013, and that was way up in the Hawks nest.

That's awesome. Don't forget your earplugs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Peachfart posted:

Nice, I got tickets to that game too.

Already scheduled Tuesday Off.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I have still never been to a Hawks game :negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Manoueverable posted:

poo poo man even I've been to like four or five

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I haven't gone on my own dime, poo poo is expensive. A friend took me back in 2013.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

My girlfriend got me tickets to when they played the Panthers last year (aka the game Earl broke his leg). We sat in the near upper deck, and tickets were like $200 apiece. It's a fun experience and the stadium gets super loud but goddamn if isn't a ripoff.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I think it cost me around $150 for two tickets to the CLE-SEA game in 2015. This was the year after they blew the SB, so prices dropped somewhat from the previous year.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I loving love Century Link and going to Seahawks games. I'm broke as heck and totally understand why fans of other teams wouldn't want to pay to go to a football game.

But our team rules, the stadium rules, the fanbase rules (for attending the event), and the stadium is right there in downtown.

I would never go to a football game if it was one of those teams with a stadium 1+ hour from the actual city.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I was at the beastquake playoff game and shortly thereafter there was a Seahawks commercial made from it. There's a chunk of that commercial that super zoomed in on me. My beautiful mug was taking up the whole screen. The best part is I went with a great friend who is sitting right next to me and he wasn't in the commercial at all lmao.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
if they ever build the goddamn train to phoenix and it wasn't a 2.5 hours each way drive I'd probably go to more than one every other year cards game. Unless it's a team with a national following or lots of transplants (read: steelers, packers, cowboys), first-10-rows upper deck seats are usually $50 or so resale. I'm not sure I'd ever be a season ticket holder but some live football each season is fun, and UoP is a really nice venue.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I really wish the vikings had buit an outdoor stadium because cold football owns and $5 tickets right down by the field own even more.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I really wish the vikings had buit an outdoor stadium because cold football owns and $5 tickets right down by the field own even more.

Man I dunno, there's cold weather football and then there's Minneapolis in January. I don't think anybody enjoyed the Blair Walsh Game.

CenturyLink is an awesome stadium, but the one game I went to was in the Hawks Nest and up there you're basically surrounded by people who rode to the game from Auburn in pickup trucks they bought from Jay Buhner. Dudes were getting up to piss every few minutes and coming back double fisting bud lites every drat time.

I guess I'm outing myself as a wimpy urban millennial but I've enjoyed myself at Sounders games more. Of course, I think sitting in better seats might help. That's just how NFL games are, the cheaper the seats the rowdier the fans.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I've been to 2 NFL games, but never to an actual Rams game. My excuse is I don't live in the States.

I did get to watch Tim Tebow slowly loft passes to comeback and beat the Vikings.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

Qwijib0 posted:

if they ever build the goddamn train to phoenix and it wasn't a 2.5 hours each way drive I'd probably go to more than one every other year cards game. Unless it's a team with a national following or lots of transplants (read: steelers, packers, cowboys), first-10-rows upper deck seats are usually $50 or so resale. I'm not sure I'd ever be a season ticket holder but some live football each season is fun, and UoP is a really nice venue.

I love that the Toaster is super cheap. Been able to see my Niners lose the last two years for about 50 bucks per seat.

Sports in this town are still relatively inexpensive (compared to some/most places), I'm actually kinda sad to see the Dbacks do well this year because it means those seats are going to go up in price :(

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I dunno I had a loving hoot at that cold wildcard game at Lambeau a few years back. But I melt above 70 degrees and get happy below freezing.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

shirts and skins posted:

Man I dunno, there's cold weather football and then there's Minneapolis in January. I don't think anybody enjoyed the Blair Walsh Game.

CenturyLink is an awesome stadium, but the one game I went to was in the Hawks Nest and up there you're basically surrounded by people who rode to the game from Auburn in pickup trucks they bought from Jay Buhner. Dudes were getting up to piss every few minutes and coming back double fisting bud lites every drat time.

I guess I'm outing myself as a wimpy urban millennial but I've enjoyed myself at Sounders games more. Of course, I think sitting in better seats might help. That's just how NFL games are, the cheaper the seats the rowdier the fans.

What is this nonsense!?! Getting drunk, loud, and rowdy with strangers is the entire point of going to see a live game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What is this nonsense!?! Getting drunk, loud, and rowdy with strangers is the entire point of going to see a live game.

If I'm gonna get hosed up at a game it'll be at a tailgate. I'm not made of money. Those dudes must have taken out a second mortgage to buy all those bud lites.

Had a great time doing this when the Hawks were in Baltimore. Maybe I'd dig games more if I still lived near Seattle, I dunno.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I loving love Century Link and going to Seahawks games. I'm broke as heck and totally understand why fans of other teams wouldn't want to pay to go to a football game.

But our team rules, the stadium rules, the fanbase rules (for attending the event), and the stadium is right there in downtown.

I would never go to a football game if it was one of those teams with a stadium 1+ hour from the actual city.

Yeah I've been broke basically the entirety of my adult life and don't know anybody who either wants to go or has an in on tickets, so the opportunity has literally never presented itself

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've never been to a football game.

Probably gonna try and see a Raiders game before they leave for Las Vegas I guess?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Just enjoy the colorful nature of Bart. :v:

It's not that bad honest, it just feels like a roulette when you get the crazies who somehow manage to stumble in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My friend was given a full sealed bottle of whiskey on bart once en route to a warriors game

• Locked thread