Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Shameful. Couldn't even make a snap decision like that?? Weak

Shizuha is obviously better than Minoriko.

leather fedora posted:

ZUN is attending an indie game expo in Akihabara this Sunday if anyone wants to come and get a signature. I'll actually be staffing that event too so you can come ask me for directions (not that the venue is complex).

Also Kobuto Burst Battle for the Switch placed 2nd on the JP Switch Download Rankings this week, between Mario and Minecraft.

Could you ask him if Cirno is supposed to be Chillno? That seems like a really common Touhou "myth".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

leather fedora posted:

ZUN is attending an indie game expo in Akihabara this Sunday if anyone wants to come and get a signature. I'll actually be staffing that event too so you can come ask me for directions (not that the venue is complex).
Can you arrange for this event to have been on November 12 2015 instead? Because I would have been in town for that.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Fight me, if you dare it :colbert:

Koishi Komeiji fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 12, 2017

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I respect your stance on no ties however your bottom 9 are unconscionable and I cannot support this list.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I dare

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I can't believe Koishi hates her best friend Hata no Kokoro.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I respect your stance on no ties however your bottom 9 are unconscionable and I cannot support this list.

Your Touhou sucks :livintrope:

El Burbo posted:

if reimu and marisa arent in ur top 10 then youre hosed up tbqh. harsh but true

Putting Reimu and Marisa in your top ten is like saying plain cheese is your favorite pizza topping.

Clarste posted:

I can't believe Koishi hates her best friend Hata no Kokoro.

Hat of a who :confused:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
All the kids are friends though

https://twitter.com/iiwakeCP/status/849298127777669121

https://twitter.com/sikitani_asuka/status/864105142630531072

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Well, #1 and #2 were who I expected them to be but I guess I like Ran a lot more than I thought.

Good to see that Reimu and Marisa are in the trash bin where they belong though. :unsmith:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Bad opinion havers here itt

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hat of a Heart. Koishi stole her hope. It was the plot of Hopeless Masquerade.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Bad opinion havers here itt

th is

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

I would never vote for Reimu or Marisa in the annual popularity contest or whatever but I will also never deny that they are the best characters always.

As an aside, willful contrarianism makes you look like an idiot.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Close tie between first and second. Most of the PC-98 ones were just semi-randomly selected because I didn't know who they were. Also

Clarste posted:

Shizuha is obviously better than Minoriko.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
ok I did it this time for realsies

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Nook posted:

As an aside, willful contrarianism makes you look like an idiot.
Looks like someone isn't a Seija fan.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

i'm not sure what this says about me

I possess inherent strong favouritsm to Minoriko out of the Aki sisters due to the fact that she's a really good healer in Labyrinth of Touhou 1 and served me well for the some 100 hours I spent playing that thing

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Another prime opinion: if you don't include (the four) male characters, you're weak willed

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

"Sheeeh!"

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
I've been wondering for a while: is there a lost-in-translation reason for the awkward syntax in this exchange from PCB (a pun, a reference to Japanese media, a figure of speech that doesn't translate well into English, etc.), or is it just a literal translation?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Possibly because 'Jibun' can mean either 'Myself' or 'The season.'

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Bring a little honk with you wherever you go.

https://twitter.com/SEGA_akiba3/status/929546221068304384

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

I've been wondering for a while: is there a lost-in-translation reason for the awkward syntax in this exchange from PCB (a pun, a reference to Japanese media, a figure of speech that doesn't translate well into English, etc.), or is it just a literal translation?

I wasn't confident about this, so I called in a ringer. He says the syntax is extremely awkward in Japanese too. So awkward that in a vacuum it does sound like there must be a reason for it (like a reference or a pun), but in the context of early Touhou in general being, and I quote, "a mess", it doesn't really stand out.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I've been having a lot of trouble with Touhou and my fightstick lately. Since the directional stick isn't mapped to the thumbstick, I have to use Joy2Key to reroute them to the keyboard. However, some games still recognize the controller and ignore inputs from the keyboard so J2K has no effect. This has been the case with every of the fighting games, but I was able to circumvent this by picking a gamemode with the keyboard which makes the game only accept keys as inputs. However, out of nowhere, both UFO and TD also started ignoring directional input from the stick. It seems to be the same problem because the face buttons work even with J2K turned off, but in these cases the stick still won't work even if I've started the game. I know some arcade sticks have a switch that allow the stick to control the left and right thumbstick as well, but mine doesn't have something like that.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm out of ideas and I just want to crush other religions.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

I've been having a lot of trouble with Touhou and my fightstick lately. Since the directional stick isn't mapped to the thumbstick, I have to use Joy2Key to reroute them to the keyboard. However, some games still recognize the controller and ignore inputs from the keyboard so J2K has no effect. This has been the case with every of the fighting games, but I was able to circumvent this by picking a gamemode with the keyboard which makes the game only accept keys as inputs. However, out of nowhere, both UFO and TD also started ignoring directional input from the stick. It seems to be the same problem because the face buttons work even with J2K turned off, but in these cases the stick still won't work even if I've started the game. I know some arcade sticks have a switch that allow the stick to control the left and right thumbstick as well, but mine doesn't have something like that.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm out of ideas and I just want to crush other religions.
Use a keyboard like zun intended

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Namtab posted:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Namtab posted:

I hate beer so it's not like I can disappoint him any more.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You can download a demo of HSiFS on steam now. It’s the same as the Reitaisai version of the trial. It’s so unchanged that it even finds and reads the score file that you have from a previous download of the demo, so it will probably be the same for the full game

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I know it won't but....... What if there were achievements

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There won't. But what if trading cards.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
Just wait for Impossible spellcard to get on there.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

2hu's out, restart steam.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

$14.99

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Isn't it like 20 bucks at a con here in the US?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

iospace posted:

Isn't it like 20 bucks at a con here in the US?

Probably closer to $30.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
It was $15 on Playism so no shock there. They sell for 1500 yen in doujin shops too, which is only slightly less after conversion.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Also €15, which is another step up in price.

But now everyone on steam will now I'm a 2hu fan so that's nice.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

just picked up a copy

I hope this convinces ZUN to release the rest of the series on here

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

good jorb reimu