Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

mng posted:

No sane person needs that many sliced cucumbers.

I call that picture as baloney and fake sentiments!

Sounds like someone has never eaten home grown bread and butter pickles :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

How nice of the people in that shop to let the befuddled lady leave without the diapers she just said she needed.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Sounds like someone has never eaten home grown bread and butter pickles :smug:

How do you pickle bread? How the hell do you pickle butter?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Strom Cuzewon posted:

How do you pickle bread? How the hell do you pickle butter?

Here you go. They're weird tasting, but no accounting for tastes.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I got a jar of those once and they were pretty baller. Then I looked at the ingredients and realized it's basically pickles + sugar water, which of course negates the nutritional value of eating a vegetable almost entirely. (Including multiplying the calorie count like 5x.)

Luckily my toddler ended up preferring the regular kind anyway :shrug:

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Nov 8, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

I want to know more about the building in Atlanta "unexpectedly collapsing." I think that would have made the news.

The guy is actually a druggie and the building that collapsed is really the storage shed that a homeless person caught on fire that led to the collapse of I-85.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/things-know-now-about-the-bridge-collapse/Wge6pwVF4kPJx6J0TuaTHL/

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

The guy is actually a druggie and the building that collapsed is really the storage shed that a homeless person caught on fire that led to the collapse of I-85.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/things-know-now-about-the-bridge-collapse/Wge6pwVF4kPJx6J0TuaTHL/
yah it was totally the random homeless dude, not the shitloads of pipe conduit stored under that section of bridge(for over a decade) with 0 security because ???

:thunk:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Well...yes

http://www.ajc.com/news/man-charged-with-bridge-fire-pleads-not-guilty-released-bond/LDzCVxXNTp5Y3zckgzAdpL/

quote:

Police say Eleby was using drugs under an elevated portion of the interstate just north of where it merges with Interstate 75 to form the Downtown Connector.

Eleby allegedly set fire to a stuffed chair that was on top of a plastic shopping cart.

Officials say the cart melted and the fire spread and engulfed coiled plastic conduit stacked in rows under I-85 near Piedmont Road.

Yeah it's weird all that poo poo was stored there and probably nobody actually knew it was there anymore but it's not like it randomly burst into flames on it's own.

STDH thread isn't really the place to argue it though.........OR IS IT?!?

It's not, I was making a joke at the expense of the venture capitalist guy

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

is that obviously ridiculous?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Looks pretty cleanly sawed off, also not sure how he would get dragged in such a way that the top back of his head could be dragging on the ground in such an even pattern to make it completely level like that

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Looks pretty cleanly sawed off, also not sure how he would get dragged in such a way that the top back of his head could be dragging on the ground in such an even pattern to make it completely level like that

That was my thought too

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

you see those scratches and stuff below the giant cut off part?

from what I remember, that damage is from the actual accident. After the accident, they chopped off part of the helmet as a more visible example of how helmets protect you.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

you see those scratches and stuff below the giant cut off part?

from what I remember, that damage is from the actual accident. After the accident, they chopped off part of the helmet as a more visible example of how helmets protect you.

Google image search just has one story after another all over the USA.

It is obvious that someone just used a power tool to slice it off. A human head would flail around with every hit and have the whole helmet be dented all over. Likewise sanding down a helmet that far would take miles (I doubt pavement can even deliver such a clean end surface. The person inside the helmet would also be long dead before the helmet looked like that.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I've ridden motorcycles for the better part of 20 years, and wrecked more than a handful of times. No helmet of mine or anybody I know has ever looked anything close to this. As someone already said, your head bounces around when you slide, so you'd NEVER get a perfect sanding down like that. Also, does this idiot not realize the angle the rider would have to be dragged at to get that damage? He would have to have been dragged nearly straight up upside down. loving idiot.

As far as this story goes, :lol:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Does anyone have that lady who was adamant she was running at olympic speed because she was pent up?

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Ratjaculation posted:

Does anyone have that lady who was adamant she was running at olympic speed because she was pent up?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

poo poo I've been sitting around for so long I bet I'm ready for a 3 minute mile. Battery's all charged up and such, know what I mean?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I've got so much pent up energy from being completely loving sedentary for three weeks that I can run faster than the fastest woman in the world!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Comptroll The Forums posted:

poo poo I've been sitting around for so long I bet I'm ready for a 3 minute mile. Battery's all charged up and such, know what I mean?

If "mile" is a euphemism it really does explain a lot.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I always suspected she ran a standard quarter-mile high school track (maybe two laps) and assumed it was a full mile. Either that or she was counting Mississippis in her head and was very generous to herself - because who uses a real timer in that situation?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

This always boggles my mind--she could have saved face if she'd gone "Oops, I meant kilometers, not miles." But nope, time to double-down.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Now that's a classic Bad Jackie situation.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2010/09/19/jackie-at-the-crossroads/

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

She is either a liar or an idiot!! Either way she has lost my respect

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

This always boggles my mind--she could have saved face if she'd gone "Oops, I meant kilometers, not miles." But nope, time to double-down.

I thought the easy out would've been "haha I was just being superlative didn't mean it literally XD I didn't measure the exact time/dist anyway but it felt like I was going so fast" or along those lines, but yeah she moronically doubled down.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

hyperhazard posted:

Maybe she meant a Scandinavian mile

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I love these stories where the parent, on a whim, before trying anything else, changes a large financial decision that will throw off a year's worth of planning just to teach their kid a lesson about whining.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The last line really makes it because he wrote all that while readily acknowledging no-one will believe it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I like that it's maybe anti-fat shaming but also definitely confirming that factory shocks on a Honda Civic just can't handle fat bitches

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
A guy putting Tein on a Civic definitely happened.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Where is the title of the thread's story at

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

verbal enema posted:

it's in ur heart bro look in there you will see I speak truth

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

verbal enema posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772327&pagenumber=202&perpage=40#post476000081

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
One Free Punch (self.MaliciousCompliance)

quote:

Preface: I'm a barfly, this isn't about me but about a few other people that showed up at the bar I was at.

So I'm at this bar, and next to me is an accountant type guy, full suit and glasses, just enjoying his "I hate my life" post-work drinks. In walks a stereotypical Bro, and his stereotypical Girl. I walk to the bathroom.

When I come back, they're not there, and the bartender says that they ended up in an altercation due to a spilled drink or some other bullshit. Fine. So I take my shot, order another, and walk out for a smoke while the bartender prepares my next round.

Outside, Bro and Girl are arguing with Accountant, and it looks like it's going to get physical. I just watch, because I'm not the type of guy to get involved. Then I hear this exchange:

Bro: You wanna loving throw down? Ok, pussy, I'll give you one free punch, and then all bets are off!

Accountant: You sure about that?

Bro: Yeah, bitch!

So Accountant guy laughs, says ok, and gets in position. He pulls back...

... and punches Bro dude's Girl right in the face. By the time Bro helped his Girl up and figured out what the gently caress just happened, Accountant guy had run off.

I kept my mouth shut until the next time I was there, because like I said, I'm just a barfly. But hey, he did say one free punch.

What a hero! :cripes: jesus loving christ reddit

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jorge gmh

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Danaru posted:

One Free Punch (self.MaliciousCompliance)

What a hero! :cripes: jesus loving christ reddit

I mean yeah, to reddit he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

More like oldcynicismless.