Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just realied what her shirt and coat remind me of

In a good way, though. I like that color combo when done right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

All other footwear pales before Ten's sandshoes

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vinylshadow posted:

All other footwear pales before Ten's sandshoes

Sandshoes is a really Scottish term for plimsoles, too. It’s not a phrase I’d ever heard here in England before now.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The_Doctor posted:

Sandshoes is a really Scottish term for plimsoles, too. It’s not a phrase I’d ever heard here in England before now.

Australian too, although it's a bit old-fashioned now.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Oh yeah i guess doctor who is a tv show too isn't it

I've listened to so much big finish in the past year i'd almost forgotten

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Occasionally.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I picked an audio at random to listen to last night and managed to select Axis of Insanity. If you ever wondered what it would be like if Transformers favourite Simon Furman got to write the Doctor Who Vs The Joker, boy is it a treat!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fil5000 posted:

I picked an audio at random to listen to last night and managed to select Axis of Insanity. If you ever wondered what it would be like if Transformers favourite Simon Furman got to write the Doctor Who Vs The Joker, boy is it a treat!

I drew a complete blank on that one so I went back and read my own write-up on it and now I remember that it was my mind's self-defense mechanism making me forget that lovely story :cripes:

Still can't believe they wrote an episode where former Pharoah of Egypt Erimem goes into a panic because her timid sensibilities can't deal with the rare sight for her of a c-c-c-corpse! :rolleyes:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

I'm told it was widely used in England until about the 50s; it's all over stuff like Arthur Ransome, for instance.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I was so focused on the rest of the outfit I didn't notice how cool those boots are. Not quite as cool as 12's Doc Martens, but still pretty great.

Yeah, they're good boots and they go with the coat IMO

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Who gets to reap the whirlwind?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I've grown so used to the audios, I now have to ritually blind myself before every tv episode - to keep the purity of the audios. :v:

Gaz-L posted:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Oh God, I tried to forget what happened when Pip and Jane wrote an "adult" story. The phrase "precious hymen" does not need to be in anything, never mind a Who spinoff.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ian Levine of course had a Twitter meltdown over the 13th Doctor's costume.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Didn't he say he'd quit Doctor Who permanently after Whittaker was announced?

How often has he ragequit Doctor Who now?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

He will never ever shut up. He'll watch every episode and whine and whine and whine.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Fil5000 posted:

The phrase "precious hymen" does not need to be in anything, never mind a Who spinoff.

:stonk:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Trin Tragula posted:

I'm told it was widely used in England until about the 50s; it's all over stuff like Arthur Ransome, for instance.

It was still being used as a term in Scottish primary schools in the later 80s/early 90's, though I doubt its still in use.

Davros1 posted:

Would you mind giving the broad strokes for those of us who enjoy his tears but dont want to go near his twitter, or in fact any social media he posts on?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Davros1 posted:

You don't understand

She's wearing CLOTHES THAT A WOMAN WOULD WEAR

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

SiKboy posted:

Would you mind giving the broad strokes for those of us who enjoy his tears but dont want to go near his twitter, or in fact any social media he posts on?

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this is a REALLY bad joke.
Are the BBC trying to intentionally ruin and take the piss out of Doctor Who.
It's so stupid it can only be sabotage.
[picture of 13]"

"An open public letter to Chris Chibnall.
Are you seriously trying to sabotage the show you loved ??
Your 1987 self would disown you after your idiotic choices.
I JUST HOPE YOU GET TO READ THIS.
[picture of 13]"

"I never in my life thought anybody in the world could ever surpass JNT for sheer bad taste.
[picture of 13]"

Bonus tweet related to the companions:

"At least Ken Dodd and Bonnie Langford played opposite a male Doctor. The BBC have gone quite mad."

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

So he doesnt have a specific objection, just general "I HATE THIS BECAUSE WOMAN"?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/IanLevine/status/929089412977319942

https://twitter.com/IanLevine/status/929093369984421888

https://twitter.com/IanLevine/status/929095279420301313

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ian Levine a piece of work.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

SiKboy posted:

So he doesnt have a specific objection, just general "I HATE THIS BECAUSE WOMAN"?

Indeed

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Round of applause for whoever it was posted the picture of someone at a Northern Soul night wearing something not a million miles away from what the Doctor's got

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

CommonShore posted:

Ian Levine a piece of work.

You spelled poo poo wrong

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trin Tragula posted:

Round of applause for whoever it was posted the picture of someone at a Northern Soul night wearing something not a million miles away from what the Doctor's got

Hahaha, nice.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

i need to not skim this thread

Fil5000 posted:

The phrase "precious hymen" does not need to be in anything, never mind a Who spinoff.

SiKboy posted:

It was still being used as a term in Scottish primary schools in the later 80s/early 90's, though I doubt its still in use.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tim Burns Effect posted:

i'm glad this thread got me into big finish cause it's great, eighth doctor is cool and rad

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Absobraloff was too subtle a villain to be Ian Levine, really. Levine's more a more cartoonish parody.

I also love how many of his complaining tweets start with "Not that I care anymore, but..."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/scott_handcock/status/930424552240418817

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

The Absobraloff was too subtle a villain to be Ian Levine, really. Levine's more a more cartoonish parody.

I also love how many of his complaining tweets start with "Not that I care anymore, but..."

i'm gonna tweet "no balls" at nick briggs every day until i'm dead if the absorbaloff isnt in "classic doctors new monsters volume 3"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Tim Burns Effect posted:

i'm gonna tweet "no balls" at nick briggs every day until i'm dead if the absorbaloff isnt in "classic doctors new monsters volume 3"

#Rage of the Absorbaloff

The Sixth Doctor meets with a disgusting, bloated, revolting, hateful creature obsessed with him...and then suddenly the Absorbaloff shows up. :v:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Oh God, I tried to forget what happened when Pip and Jane wrote an "adult" story. The phrase "precious hymen" does not need to be in anything, never mind a Who spinoff.

New thread title.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Looks like Zimbabwe generals are demanding the release of Power of the Daleks or there’s going to be a coup.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Looks like Zimbabwe generals are demanding the release of Power of the Daleks or there’s going to be a coup.

The original or the animated version? (Which, even with its severe lack of budget was quite enjoyable; understandable since most of what they had to go off of was audio-only)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
loving Mugabe

Every time I see him in the news I just have the dimmest of hopes

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I have this T-shirt thanks to a ~~mysterious benefactor~~ in this thread!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

someone post The GIF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

of all the people why did he pick the one who doesn't actually give a poo poo about doctor who

• Locked thread