Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Really Pants posted:

GAME OVER

RETURN OF SPEEDSTAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's a partial translation of the script of the stage play at http://firesanctuary.com/blog/yorha-stage-play/.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 13, 2017

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Somewhere in between the play and the start of the games, the android synchronized dance contests were put on indefinite hold.

The Dark Id posted:

Commander White, who along also first appeared in this play along with A2

and had just served a Roman Chorus commenting on events.

You can gank a hologram unless you're on a holodeck

her team were meant to died and had gotten

she’s going to stop bathing, starting drinking

and murder ever goddamn machine

Tune in next time when we actually to some lighter subject matter

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The part that continuously surprises me about Yoko Taro's games isn't so much that the games themselves exist--with a strong enough liver, you can apparently become besties with half the game company CEOs in Japan. But all this other stuff surrounding them? Bloody surreal is what it is.
holy poo poo

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So is this all secretly the hosed up history of Yoko Taro's band?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
When I first heard about the YoHRa stageplay I assumed it was Yoko Taro's way of working out ideas that he'd never get to turn into a game, my loving jaw dropped when I saw the first teaser for automata

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

And here I thought BioHazard: The Stage was denied a Tony! :holymoley:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Trying to figure out what theater would stage this play. "It's about killer robots in the future fighting an endless war against androids? And you say you're a... video game creator? Sure, include like two dance numbers and we'll do it."

Strange Forest
Mar 4, 2015

Solar Tornado posted:

Finished doing the Icon for Hackerman 9S:

and (although it's a couple of acts late into the LP) if anyone starts a weirdly detailed conversation about android anatomy, you can lay out this:

This is good. I love this

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Solar Tornado posted:

Finished doing the Icon for Hackerman 9S:

and (although it's a couple of acts late into the LP) if anyone starts a weirdly detailed conversation about android anatomy, you can lay out this:

Doesn't the game or Yoko Taro actually address this question?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Carlosologist posted:

good loving lord

Yoko Taro akbar

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Jet Jaguar posted:

Trying to figure out what theater would stage this play. "It's about killer robots in the future fighting an endless war against androids? And you say you're a... video game creator? Sure, include like two dance numbers and we'll do it."

Stage plays like this are pretty popular in Japan. They're another quirky little facet of Japanese pop culture that makes the rest of the world wonder if all those atomic bombs maybe had unexpected long term effects.

Hunt11 posted:

Doesn't the game or Yoko Taro actually address this question?

Yes. Let's leave it there

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Everything about this game, and Yoko Taro himself, is such an astounding fireball of what is going on in your brain. I honestly hope his next game is such a bonkers departure from this one as D3 was.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Everything about this is utterly amazing. This world is better for having yoko taro creating this batshit insanity.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

oh poo poo emil gets to be friends with kaine again

yay

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Explosions posted:

oh poo poo emil gets to be friends with kaine again

yay

And Kaine gets to boar-drift after only getting to watch Nier do it. :unsmith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
... Does A2 have any reaction to going to Kaine's House?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jet Jaguar posted:

I think they had to take out some of the dance numbers Yoko Taro wanted.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
The A2/Kaine possibly connection never comes up other than that allusion she might have the old Replicant Kaine's memories and them both being foul mouthed murder hobos. Don't worry about that. If it wasn't something in Anemone's Records, it's not gonna pop up in Automata.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

White Coke posted:

I think they had to take out some of the dance numbers Yoko Taro wanted.

These dang modern kids can't handle my sweet moves, like "stabbing the infant" and ""eating the robo corpse!"

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Jet Jaguar posted:

Stuff like this is apparently pretty common in Japan. I think Persona got a whole loving concert dedicated to it.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
...there's a Japanese Stage Play where Sailor Moon fights Dracula.

Edit: Wait, did I say "a?" I meant MULTIPLE.

Andyzero fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 13, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Andyzero posted:

...there's a Japanese Stage Play where Sailor Moon fights Dracula.

Edit: Wait, did I say "a?" I meant MULTIPLE.

Just in case anyone doubted that.

Edit: Also I had no idea Okabe Keiichi and Yoko Taro were so tight but given the fact that he's drinking buddies with literally everyone in Japan (and the fact that MONACO keeps doing the music for his games) I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 13, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Just in case anyone doubted that.

Edit: Also I had no idea Okabe Keiichi and Yoko Taro were so tight but given the fact that he's drinking buddies with literally everyone in Japan (and the fact that MONACO keeps doing the music for his games) I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It not so much that he has drinking buddies as it is that he's always in a bar, so people assume he was waiting for them when they arrive.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

The A2/Kaine possibly connection never comes up other than that allusion she might have the old Replicant Kaine's memories and them both being foul mouthed murder hobos. Don't worry about that. If it wasn't something in Anemone's Records, it's not gonna pop up in Automata.

Except the red girls, who we’ve already seen. But how important could they be?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
enigmatic hologram specters that may only be visible to the audience?

pfft, pure fluff and nonsense.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

StandardVC10 posted:

I suppose this serves to confirm what everyone who's played FEAR already knows: laughing girls in red dresses are bad news.

Yoko Taro beat FEAR to the punch by about two years really

where's a holographic golem when you need it

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Dark Id posted:

A2, Commander and Anemone all originated from this play. But there was also two more characters that initially appeared in this thing...

The Red Girls, the creepy ghost holograms that had taken a liking to silently staring at events from the background back during Route B show up in this as well. They’re a bit chattier in this. They mostly appear in time stopped intervals to dunk on the androids to themselves and muse on why they’re so weird and dumb. But mostly to be creepy assholes.

:stare:

:catstare:

So... when are you gonna stream the stage play, Id?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Taro's a glorious bastard.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Yapping Eevee posted:

Hmmm... Now I'm curious what happens if A2 visits the shack, or if that's even possible.

I think they retconned the whole implanted human memories deal since not once is it brought up in the game.

Also HA if you think it’s actually Kainé when the play states they’re the memories of a girl who lived a happy life

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

DeafNote posted:

Yoko Taro beat FEAR to the punch by about two years really

where's a holographic golem when you need it

Taro really is weaving a modern horror mythology to rival the cthulu mythos

But taro knows more about robots and time travel and that's awesome

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

This looks pretty nice though. If all of Yorha (all 2 of them) can dance like that we might stand a chance to get the good ending if there's a rythm battle involved.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

This looks pretty nice though. If all of Yorha (all 2 of them) can dance like that we might stand a chance to get the good ending if there's a rythm battle involved.

It'll be like the end of Guardians of the Galaxy. The Red Girls start talking poo poo about how they're all boned until A2 and 9S interrupt them to activate DanceOff.exe. And just as the final note ends, we see Jackass has finished putting together a nuclear bomb thanks to the tech manual to kill everyone in a fiery explosion.

DRAKENGARD!

Charles_Kinbote
Sep 12, 2017

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Stage plays like this are pretty popular in Japan. They're another quirky little facet of Japanese pop culture that makes the rest of the world wonder if all those atomic bombs maybe had unexpected long term effects.

Yes. Let's leave it there

IIRC, the answer is that A2 isn't wearing any pants, so stop it because they're not anatomically correct. 9S can't actually bang (the more common interpretation of **** is rape, actually) 2B because he doesn't have the parts and neither does she. Yes, your fixation on 2Booty is just as creepy as someone's fixation on a mechanized mannequin would and should be.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm becoming ever more convinced that Yoko Taro isn't actually a person. Instead, he's the manifestation of a story so utterly crazy that it took physical shape on this earth to tell itself through any means necessary. :allears:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Perestroika posted:

I'm becoming ever more convinced that Yoko Taro isn't actually a person. Instead, he's the manifestation of a story so utterly crazy that it took physical shape on this earth to tell itself through any means necessary. :allears:

Wasn't this a weapon story? With the about one thousand weapons across 5 games it could well be.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Charles_Kinbote posted:

IIRC, the answer is that A2 isn't wearing any pants, so stop it because they're not anatomically correct. 9S can't actually bang (the more common interpretation of **** is rape, actually) 2B because he doesn't have the parts and neither does she. Yes, your fixation on 2Booty is just as creepy as someone's fixation on a mechanized mannequin would and should be.

What are you talking about? The common interpretation about **** is definitely gently caress not rape.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Charles_Kinbote posted:

Hunt11 posted:

What are you talking about? The common interpretation about **** is definitely gently caress not rape.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

I'm confused. Are you telling one of them to not be a creep, or both of them?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you build it, they will ****

• Locked thread