Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also Bones will make the Overhaul fight even more of a FMA shoutout because we live in a good world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Action lines are your friend as an artist.

I think it'll also give a better idea of motion.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The fight I want to see punched up is Midoriya Vs Bakugou round 2. Sadly it'll be literally the final episode of S3 if we get 2-cour again, which means the animation budget will have been likely smoked on United States of Smash (which will likely be awesome).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bones is a big enough studio that i'm sure they'll have their a team working the more important episodes like deku vs bakugo. also helps that their schedule for next year (so far) is just a couple movies and a netflix series.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Fabricated posted:

The fight I want to see punched up is Midoriya Vs Bakugou round 2. Sadly it'll be literally the final episode of S3 if we get 2-cour again, which means the animation budget will have been likely smoked on United States of Smash (which will likely be awesome).

I'm hoping S3 is one cour, because that times out perfectly to ending on United States of Smash, and makes sure they can put their entire budget into all the nonsense of both the Forest Attack and the Bakugou Rescue arc. And then S4 can be one cour again, to cover up through Deku v Bakugou round 2.

And S5 can be two cour, to cover everything involving Overhaul and the Big 3, probably ending on Shigaraki's stuff we're seeing in the manga right now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

overhaul does not need to be two-cour

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The number of chapters between the start of the manga and the end of the sports tournament is two more than the number of chapters between The Big Three's debut and the latest chapter. It'd include everything from Shoot Style and Twice's Backstory and Shigaraki's dealings up through both the Hero Raid on Overhaul's complex and Shigaraki's post-raid raid on the police, which we don't know how long that's gonna be yet.

There's no way they're fitting all that and the raid into one cour without some major reshuffling, and there isn't a good breaking point in there to make it two separate one cour seasons.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My uncle who works at anime told me that Overhaul is gonna be three cours

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I think there is a natural midway point where lemillon and deku don't rescue the girl. Serves as an intro to overhaul and the stakes of the fight.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dangerous Person posted:

Makes sense, since he's about as exciting as three coors light.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Shame it takes so much longer to piss him out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

I can't believe they're giving the animation rights to studio pierrot

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

you're right, pierrot would make the arc better

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Calibanibal posted:

or the magical girl power to revert things messes with the power to see the future

Maybe quirks that deal with time or prediction interfere with each other.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The hideout raid feels like something that without significant padding would be far, far fewer episodes than most of the other material covered.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Turn the overhaul raid into an underground tournament.

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever
I actually like Overhaul a lot more than Shigaraki so I'm hoping he gets accepted into the fold as a sort of strategic advisor, but I'm not sure how exactly that'd play out (other than Overhaul being broken down completely over this loss and seeing no other real option, which is very likely). I'm also guessing, based on the implications in this chapter, if Shigaraki did disintegrate Overhaul, I don't think Chrono would join them.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't see how Shigaraki could possibly contain Overhaul since he's so outrageously broken he could probably dissemble any constraints short of something they have trapped All for One in. Killing him seems like the only option outside of keeping him in one of Compress's marbles which seems kinda pointless.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Radish posted:

I don't see how Shigaraki could possibly contain Overhaul since he's so outrageously broken he could probably dissemble any constraints short of something they have trapped All for One in. Killing him seems like the only option outside of keeping him in one of Compress's marbles which seems kinda pointless.

Shigaraki keeps one of his hands around the dude's neck and just poofs him if he tries something. Also calling now that those detached hands also poof people.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Shiggy is going to steal overhaul's power and disintegrate him because of AfO and reasons

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Nonexistence posted:

Shiggy is going to steal overhaul's power and disintegrate him because of AfO and reasons

yeah my money is on them marblin' overhaul until such a time that they can barf him out in front of AFO

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Or he could use Overhaul and Black Mist in his plan to rescue AFO. Overhaul probably wouldn't want to work for Shiggy but if Shiggy offered putting him in the good graces of the big man Overhaul may be able to envision himself running the Yakuza again.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Is Black Mist still missing or has he shown up this arc?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing Eri won't be used much more. Her power is like a cheat code for undoing plot developments.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Say Nothing posted:

I'm guessing Eri won't be used much more. Her power is like a cheat code for undoing plot developments.
She likely is going to vanish into Japanese CPS but I dunno if I'd really want to risk it unless I was 100% going to die. She can't control it and most people don't have a magical "completely maim myself" button like Midoriya to feed her damage to roll back instead of poofing you out of existence.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Deku's threshhold for pain is also probably so absurdly high that anyone else in that situation likely would have just collapsed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the first time she showed up made it seem like she was gonna be important for more than just this arc, idk. it'd be kinda lame to just drop her out of the story after all this poo poo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's exactly what they did with horn-hat kid and i don't think anybody misses him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the horn hat kid wasn't even remotely as important as eri

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

dogsicle posted:

it's exactly what they did with horn-hat kid and i don't think anybody misses him

His letter was important, and he's probably a key part of Deku's development.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I'm sure she'll come back to deal with the overhaul noumu. Maybe even solo him?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's a deeply shameful part of me that is seriously rooting for her to get lodged with the kids for a while so we can get a sickeningly saccharine SoL cooldown arc with the kids spoiling her.

Logically, if he wasn't busy as a teacher and living with the list of people #1 on the VA's poo poo-list the safest person to put her with would be Aizawa since he can turn her quirk off instantly if she loses control of it for any reason.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Nonexistence posted:

I'm sure she'll come back to deal with the overhaul noumu. Maybe even solo him?

I wonder if her quirk could fix the people who've been noumu'd.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

There's a deeply shameful part of me that is seriously rooting for her to get lodged with the kids for a while so we can get a sickeningly saccharine SoL cooldown arc with the kids spoiling her.

this probably won't happen in the story but it's such a really obvious + cute idea i bet some good fanart of that idea will crop up sometime soon

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vonnie posted:

I wonder if her quirk could fix the people who've been noumu'd.

Forget Mirio, give Ragdoll her power back!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe UA will become an elevator school (I think that's the term?) and Eri will become one of the first elementary age applicants.

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever

Mr. Fowl posted:

Is Black Mist still missing or has he shown up this arc?

He's still MIA. When Overhaul and Shiggy are striking up their deal, Overhaul asks specifically for Blackmist and Shiggy says he's off doing something important for the VA but that's all we've ever heard of him since the arc started as far as I can recall.

Brother Entropy posted:

this probably won't happen in the story but it's such a really obvious + cute idea i bet some good fanart of that idea will crop up sometime soon

I've already seen a bunch of art of this, as well as pics of her and Kouta????? Horn kid as Yuuei students and it's all enough to induce neuropathy, the diabetes is so bad.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am really like the Villain Alliance a lot these days, they feel way more successful and competent now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I liked the VA before they were successful, but i'm still very happy it looks like they're going to get a big win,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Just in case anyone was worried about a cut-away next chapter- John Bae the Viz editor for MHA mentioned on this week's Shonen Jump Podcast that the next chapter isn't going to be a breather but a crazy one. He didn't give any details of course, but it's enough to get me pretty hype to see what happens next.

To be fair, there COULD still be a cut-away, but I'm not expecting one since things are pretty calm elsewhere.