Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Pastry of the Year posted:

9/11 is where every single brain in the world broke irrevocably

this is from 2004

p.s. this was not a joke or a parody; these people were 100% sincere

Wow, it's the ice cream equivalent of "The Half-Hour News Hour."

Also, "ketchup dough"? :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

So I'm guessing it's loving insane that my girlfriend's mum has been on Accutane for over a decade then?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Jesus. I’m picturing something like Chet at the end of Weird Science. How far off am I?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

SerialKilldeer posted:

I think it's cookie dough. People made fun of Kerry for having married a Heinz, of the ketchup company Heinz's.

I'm more concerned about the poop on that navy guy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Smaller GovernMINT*

* not the army though

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

SerialKilldeer posted:

Hahaha, I forgot this show existed! To be fair so did nearly anyone else.

For those not in the know it was Fox New's answer to the Daily Show and proof that conservative satire can also be funny! It's got a 2.6 on IMDB and a 13% on Metacritic. I was lucky enough to catch a rerun of it at like 3:30 am at work. No small feat considering the show lasted about 6 months. It was astoundingly bad.

The Wikipedia article is a hoot

quote:

Recurring Sketches:

Conspiracy Corner - segments where a guest presents generally accepted information about a topic, and that information is treated as far-fetched by the host, who holds stereotypical left-wing views.
Guy White: Closet Conservative — a cartoon featuring a conservative man working in an office in which everyone else is a liberal caricature.
Hollywood Helping Humanity — satirical public service announcements featuring actors endorsing dubious causes, such as recycling breast implants. Actors appearing in this sketch include Leyla Milani, Ken Davitian, Ian Ziering, and Lorenzo Lamas.
I'm the ACLU — satirical advertisements "boasting" of controversial causes supported by the ACLU.
Presidential Addresses — Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh had a recurring cameo role as the President, with conservative pundit Ann Coulter as his Vice President.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, SerialKilldeer!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rough Lobster posted:

It was astoundingly bad.

That's really not an exaggeration. I was actually convinced for a short while it was some sort of satire like if the Onion did a conservative copy of a liberal comedy show and they were slipping it past the Fox brass but I'm pretty sure that's not the case

It was like if Adam Carolla and Sean Hannity collaborated 50/50 on comedy and presented it in shock jock style

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

G.I. love vanilla is pretty good

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Aesop Poprock posted:

It was like if Adam Carolla and Sean Hannity collaborated 50/50 on comedy and presented it in shock jock style

The imagery of this is nearly enough for me to draw a nice, hot bath and to open a beer and a couple veins.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

I think it's cookie dough. People made fun of Kerry for having married a Heinz, of the ketchup company Heinz's.

I know what the ketchup thing is referring to, I just think that ketchup + cookie dough ice cream, which I assumed it was, sounds disgusting.

Also, I like how they portrayed Rush Limbaugh as some sort of marshmallow golem.

I'm not entirely convinced that this wasn't the work of a liberal deep-cover satirist, like those Onion political cartoons.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Screaming Idiot posted:

The imagery of this is nearly enough for me to draw a nice, hot bath and to open a beer and a couple veins.

Traditionally you go for red wine for this sort of endeavour, it actually has a chemical in it that acts to thin the blood.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is a really odd picture for a bag of chips.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This looks like a poster from 1997.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
You're making GBS threads me. That poster isn't a joke? That's the actual poster? Hooooly poo poo it's so loving bad.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's not a very good poster, but it also seems 100 times more colorful than any of the actual movie footage, so it might work on some people.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Slime posted:

You're making GBS threads me. That poster isn't a joke? That's the actual poster? Hooooly poo poo it's so loving bad.

It's even the one used on the Wikipedia page for the movie.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SpacePig posted:

It's not a very good poster, but it also seems 100 times more colorful than any of the actual movie footage, so it might work on some people.
It's working on me. It makes the movie look fun and cartoony and not gritty and serious, which might actually make me want to watch it. Probably not though, because super hero movies are all terrible.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tiggum posted:

It's working on me. It makes the movie look fun and cartoony and not gritty and serious, which might actually make me want to watch it. Probably not though, because super hero movies are all terrible.

Unfortunately the trailer makes the movie look gritty and serious with the color palette of Sin City, so the poster just comes off as an alternate universe where the Justice League movie was contemporary with Batman Forever.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, if I has no other knowledge about the movie itself or the movies leading up to it, I would think this looked like a fun, if a little oddly designed, Justice League movie. But unfortunately, I would've looked up any trailers immediately after than, which would was away any goodwill I might have toward it at that point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Reminder that George Miller was once working on a Justice League movie inspired by the DCAU cartoon.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
lol at batman's pose

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

lol at batman's pose

It’s more his face for me. Looks like an elderly senile former boxer trying to fight off the orderlies in his night gown

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Unfortunately the trailer makes the movie look gritty and serious with the color palette of Sin City, so the poster just comes off as an alternate universe where the Justice League movie was contemporary with Batman Forever.

Which trailer? The movie was already conceived to be lighter to show how Superman revealing himself gradually turn the world from a gritty place into a comic book. Post production added red lighting to the alien invasion scenes that was darker in the earlier trailers, and reshoots by Joss Whedon (replacing Zack Snyder who left because his daughter died) made several scenes brighter. Even before that, Whedon was already rewriting the script to add his trademark dialog so even the earlier trailers had moments of humor including for Batman whose character is trying to play nice with people after years of being a crazed loner. They even finally have Batman acknowledge that "money" is his superpower (and he was also appropriately shown watching 'roided-up Rick and Summer beating up the devil and criminals).

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 16:19 on Nov 13, 2017

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SpacePig posted:

Zack Snyder must be rolling over in his daughter's grave over this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why isn't superman in any of the promotional material for justice league

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Because he's dead.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Alaois posted:

why isn't superman in any of the promotional material for justice league

He died at the end of BvS. Knowing the last time he got murdered by doomsday he's probably fine tho.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

didn't he come back to life in that movie though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The Wikipedia article only says that the dirt above his grave moved, so there's a chance that nobody knows he's alive, and Batman forms the Justice League without him because of that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, he's coming back in this one, they're just trying to hide it. They're not doing a good job. There was explicitly a funny story about Cavill coming back for reshoots but he had grown a mustache for Mission Impossible and couldn't shave it so they had to digitally remove Superman's mustache.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I mean it's obvious that he's coming back but BvS did have like 4 dream sequences in it so there was always the possibility it was a flashback or dream or anything that helped to kill momentum in a movie

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
If they're trying to hide the fact that he's in it, they're doing a pretty bad job of it just on the poster. Even if he's not on it, there's a Superman logo in the tagline.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I don't suppose there's any point in really trying to hide it. I doubt there's one person who truly believes they permanently killed off Superman. I do appreciate the token effort to preserve the fact that, as far as the movies are concerned, he's "supposed to be" dead. It'd irk me if they actually showed him on the poster. Just as a matter of dramatic consistency.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

The Wikipedia article only says that the dirt above his grave moved, so there's a chance that nobody knows he's alive, and Batman forms the Justice League without him because of that.

Yeah but you can continue to fart for a long time after you're dead and it's Superman sooooo....

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah but you can continue to fart for a long time after you're dead and it's Superman sooooo....

False, a true fart requires muscle flexing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

False, a true fart requires muscle flexing.

Maybe for humans, but can you say that with certainty of a Kryptonian?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, he's coming back in this one, they're just trying to hide it. They're not doing a good job. There was explicitly a funny story about Cavill coming back for reshoots but he had grown a mustache for Mission Impossible and couldn't shave it so they had to digitally remove Superman's mustache.

Where's their sense of tradition? Just put makeup over it.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
So is that really a real movie poster for Justice League? Because in addition to how fantastically terrible it looks it has the character names instead of the actors and instead of the release date it says "All in November", whatever the hell that means. This looks super fake to me.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

King of Foolians posted:

So is that really a real movie poster for Justice League? Because in addition to how fantastically terrible it looks it has the character names instead of the actors and instead of the release date it says "All in November", whatever the hell that means. This looks super fake to me.

Teaser posters are often like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"All In" is just a tag line they're using.