Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Actually for UBC, good pets can make a huge difference! You set them on a 1 hour run, for god power, you can get a couple each run which can really speed up progress! You can also use any liquids and pills you've built up, if you wanna go that far. Or on Kong, use ad points for a cs boost.

something fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Elendil004 posted:

Sometimes when you attack bosses they get bigger for no reason.

It says right there he's a "mad" wizard, you can't hold him to your standards of "reason".

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Any challenge that doesn't reset your multipliers and lets you keep your god powered stuff are pretty easy.

I've been doing the God Skip challenges lately and I'm up to 20 now and they seem easy enough. Also you benefit from banked godpower more with those challenges complete.

I use this guide when I need to reference something: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701036862

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

something posted:

Actually for UBC, good pets can make a huge difference! You set them on a 1 hour run, for god power, you can get a couple each run which can really speed up progress! You can also use any liquids and pills you've built up, if you wanna go that far. Or on Kong, use ad points for a cs boost.

Oh yeah, god power via pet campaigns would probably help quite a bit.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Garfu posted:

Any challenge that doesn't reset your multipliers and lets you keep your god powered stuff are pretty easy.

I've been doing the God Skip challenges lately and I'm up to 20 now and they seem easy enough. Also you benefit from banked godpower more with those challenges complete.

I use this guide when I need to reference something: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701036862

eyy that's my guide

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

something posted:

eyy that's my guide

Added you as a Steam friend even if you do play weird anime poo poo.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yo i don't get NGU.

I am at septillion power levels now and still haven't made ANY progress in adventure. Every rebirth i fight like 3 enemies in sewers and forest, meet a boss which kills me and thats it. Further fights is just the same boss again, at full health.
Donating gold to the pit has gotten me gently caress all so far. I haven't gotten a single item drop yet from adventure either.
Am i required to spend exp on adventure stats? The returns seems so abysmally slow, i can spend like all the exp i have saved up over multiple rebirths to get like +3 more attack, which isn't going to make me able to beat the boss anyways.

I think i am missing something because why would adventure unlock after the 6th boss or w/e if you cannot make any progress at all there until you have saved up hundreds of exp to put into adventure stats.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah I dunno what to tell you I hit the same issue with Forest but never really had any problems with sewer.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Ineptitude posted:

Yo i don't get NGU.

I am at septillion power levels now and still haven't made ANY progress in adventure. Every rebirth i fight like 3 enemies in sewers and forest, meet a boss which kills me and thats it. Further fights is just the same boss again, at full health.
Donating gold to the pit has gotten me gently caress all so far. I haven't gotten a single item drop yet from adventure either.
Am i required to spend exp on adventure stats? The returns seems so abysmally slow, i can spend like all the exp i have saved up over multiple rebirths to get like +3 more attack, which isn't going to make me able to beat the boss anyways.

I think i am missing something because why would adventure unlock after the 6th boss or w/e if you cannot make any progress at all there until you have saved up hundreds of exp to put into adventure stats.

I had the same thing for half a day until I noticed you have to manually defend or buff defend even if auto-fight is turned on. Then I instantly beat the rat king or something and a bit later the next area unlocked.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Toshimo posted:

They are supposed to get bigger. The bug is that they stop attacking, so they get massive as you whittle them down.

Oh I thought I was just stunlocking them like a pro

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Yo i don't get NGU.
I haven't gotten a single item drop yet from adventure either.

There's your problem mate. The drop rate is really really low because you're supposed to idle for a while, keep fighting sewers dudes until you get the entire equipment from it fully upgraded.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
My GP auto generation is going pretty well. I’m sitting at 31 GP now, and 210,000 clones, wondering if I should keep buying clones, start saving up for some more base creation count, or start buying some build speed/creation speed. I’ve got 24CC from my crystals, but only 5CC base otherwise.

I also ended up casually climbing up to P. Baal V10 and earning a cat while generating GP, so I have 5 pets now, which is kinda cool.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Hey something, as someone who is developing a menu-driven idle game in Unity, do you have any resources you'd recommend specifically for it? I've been contemplating doing something similar for a bit, and have been sort of perusing the tutorials on the Unity page, but am sort of directionless for this purpose.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

My GP auto generation is going pretty well. I’m sitting at 31 GP now, and 210,000 clones, wondering if I should keep buying clones, start saving up for some more base creation count, or start buying some build speed/creation speed. I’ve got 24CC from my crystals, but only 5CC base otherwise.

I also ended up casually climbing up to P. Baal V10 and earning a cat while generating GP, so I have 5 pets now, which is kinda cool.

Common wisdom is to maintain a ratio of 10,000 clones : 87.5% build speed, so at 210,000 you should have 21 * 87.5 - 100 base = 1,737.5

After that, I like to keep 1 creation count per 20k clones (not including crystals), which means you can rebuild your clone army in 10 minutes after rebirth. Five cc is low for that many clones unless you're doing really long rebirths.

Creation speed I'm not as sure about. I still have the 245% from my initial creation speed buys, but I'm doing double rebirth challenges so I have considered buying a bit more to speed up the pre-Athena part.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

There's your problem mate. The drop rate is really really low because you're supposed to idle for a while, keep fighting sewers dudes until you get the entire equipment from it fully upgraded.

Well, i can only do 3 fights against normal enemies then a boss appears, which i am unable to beat. So i never get any gear, and any further attempts just spawns bosses.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Well, i can only do 3 fights against normal enemies then a boss appears, which i am unable to beat. So i never get any gear, and any further attempts just spawns bosses.

Enemies despawn if you switch zones, so just go back and forth between Training and Sewers until you get a boss :shrug:
Wait, you aren't able to beat a single boss? How'd that happen? Do you have the Training equipment upgraded? Also, can you post your save so I can see what the hell is going on?

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Garfu posted:

These are my stats:

and UBCs still take 12 days ughhhhhh

You know that you can rebirth during those?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

Enemies despawn if you switch zones, so just go back and forth between Training and Sewers until you get a boss :shrug:
Wait, you aren't able to beat a single boss? How'd that happen? Do you have the Training equipment upgraded? Also, can you post your save so I can see what the hell is going on?

Yeah i was unable to beat any boss. What training equipment?

I eventually managed to beat few bosses using the defense skill, which gave me a couple of items which is enough to leave it on auto.

Maybe the base stats should have been increased by literally 2 points so the first boss can be killed on auto...

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
You get some bare minimum totally crap equipment from the fights in the training zone. It will raise your stats one or two points so you can beat the first boss on idle. Pretty sure the tutorial actually explicitly explains this, if you went through it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ineptitude posted:

I eventually managed to beat few bosses using the defense skill, which gave me a couple of items which is enough to leave it on auto.

Maybe the base stats should have been increased by literally 2 points so the first boss can be killed on auto...

There's a section between the Safe Zone and Sewers literally called Training. It's where you're supposed to go first.

TheDead1
Aug 12, 2007
Hey something how does offline progression work from loading a save in NGU? It was made on 291 yet when loading the save ive gotten no progress at all.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

MikusR posted:

You know that you can rebirth during those?

Yes, of course. They still take a while since all you get to keep are your 1 caps.

The 12 days wasn't an exaggeration, but probably inflated due to leaving it afk for a while. I'll see how fast I can do one with active playing. So far that's been the only challenge that's annoying to do, besides the UAC of course.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Well I mean, it's kind of your fault that you tried to do everything on auto instead of using the skills which you worked hard to unlock :shrug:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

Well I mean, it's kind of your fault that you tried to do everything on auto instead of using the skills which you worked hard to unlock :shrug:

Yeah no, i don't play IDLE games to, you know, sit there and mash a button every 10 seconds.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah no, i don't play IDLE games to, you know, sit there and mash a button every 10 seconds.
Agreed.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Okay to be fair the name of this thread is Idle Incremental Clickers.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

So you guys are saying auto fight will never use skills? Thats not really clear in the game. Although, tbf i skipped most of the instructions so maybe it was covered?

Also did something about the NGU link change? Is it required to login to kong now?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Well then buy the adventure stats EXP buyables next time, I couldn't care less. Complaining about needing to click Defensive Buff once to beat a boss is really overblown IMO. No one's saying you have to sit and look at the adventure screen while clicking buttons for 10 minutes. Almost every idle game has active components, especially at the start.

peepsalot posted:

So you guys are saying auto fight will never use skills? Thats not really clear in the game. Although, tbf i skipped most of the instructions so maybe it was covered?

Also did something about the NGU link change? Is it required to login to kong now?

Still works the same for me. And yeah Idle Mode only uses basic attacks with 1.0 damage multiplier and nothing else. I don't know if that was mentioned in the instructions but the tooltip says so.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 13, 2017

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

I started playing Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. Should I be saving my gems for golden chests or just spam the silver ones? Is there an ideal time to open them?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

remeez posted:

I started playing Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. Should I be saving my gems for golden chests or just spam the silver ones? Is there an ideal time to open them?

Open gold chests immediately, open silver chests near the end of a run because the gold inside scales to the wave you are on.

Gold chests can have epic equipment and potions, and don't have gold.

Silver chests have more chances to get shiny equipment, which is a permanent flag on a gear slot that gives that slot +50% multiplier, from what I've been told.

There's diverging thought on which ones are better to open but I lean towards saving my gems for gold chests, personally.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

ItRtG question: how much GP should I be holding in reserve for stat boosts? I've been getting up to 150 and then blowing it all on 20k clones + 175% build speed + 1CC, but I feel like that's probably suboptimal.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I mean the issue can totally be the balance for adventure is hosed, that's why I'm here to get feedback. So, I can try a couple things to help out the early game

1) Stick becomes 3/3.

2) regular enemies in the training zone have a chance to drop the stick.

As for forest, i can nerf it a bit more if yall think its needed.

something fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 13, 2017

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
e: i hosed up

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think the balance for adventure is pretty bad. Especially the way the inventory limit punishes you for idling. It already helps a lot to be active to break into a new area by using skills, I don't see the need for the tiny inventory.

Goon Danton posted:

ItRtG question: how much GP should I be holding in reserve for stat boosts? I've been getting up to 150 and then blowing it all on 20k clones + 175% build speed + 1CC, but I feel like that's probably suboptimal.
I think 10% of your total spent GP (you can see this number on the stats screen) is a good rule of thumb.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Sindai posted:

I think the balance for adventure is pretty bad. Especially the way the inventory limit punishes you for idling. It already helps a lot to be active to break into a new area by using skills, I don't see the need for the tiny inventory.

I think 10% of your total spent GP (you can see this number on the stats screen) is a good rule of thumb.

What would you suggest to improve the balance then? I'd love some ideas. One thought I had was starting with 10 inventory slots, but that may just be a bandaid solution.

VV That was me trying to be all dumb and coy about you getting EXP. I've changed the text to make it much more clear.

something fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 13, 2017

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think it's that off really. Once I was able to unlock parry and offensive buff I was able to kill the forest bosses. That feels intentional. Unlocking time machine was what really did it
I think, since I believe the money pit rewards scale with the gold given, and I was able to get a sick upgrade of like, 100hp and 10 in each stat. That would have cost scores and scores of exp I think, and I still am only at 6ish energy speed and 2 bars. When it drops green gear is actually useless since it's not upgraded, which also feels intentional.

For example, most forest gear is worse at first than my sewer gear, even though sewer gear gets a single slot every +20 it's all in the 50-60 range for me. The difficulty then is inventory space. Since I have to keep the green gear around until I can put it on and also need spare slots for the boosts. Now that I've replaced two items it's better.

Also now that I can idle in forest it's more relaxing actually, because the drop rates are much lower I rarely have to check my inventory tab. More enemy types mean less bosses, and each boss has a pretty low drop rate now I've found. I can go a whole half hour rebirth (at the 3rd mole) and get maybe one or two things.

I will note that my green gear is gaining slots through combining much faster than I'm getting sources to fill them now. Though perhaps that's expected?

A random question: From the pit I got a 'yellow exclamation point sails on to your head'. I have no idea what that was. It feels very inconsistent what is spelled out clearly and what is accidentally versus intentionally left obtuse.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I gave the money pit my money and it claimed to give me a power boost but my inventory was full so I didn't really get anything?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i've got +50ish forest stuff and still can't idle one trash mob in the cave. it's not even close.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

baram. posted:

i've got +50ish forest stuff and still can't idle one trash mob in the cave. it's not even close.

Yeah. I can maybe get through a cave boss playing very actively some of the time.

e: of course I seem to have hosed myself out of cave bosses in an ill-fated attempt to try shorter rebirths for better xp gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Enigma posted:

Common wisdom is to maintain a ratio of 10,000 clones : 87.5% build speed, so at 210,000 you should have 21 * 87.5 - 100 base = 1,737.5

After that, I like to keep 1 creation count per 20k clones (not including crystals), which means you can rebuild your clone army in 10 minutes after rebirth. Five cc is low for that many clones unless you're doing really long rebirths.

Welp, time to unfuck myself.
262k clones
490% cs
840% bs
3 cc