Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

CommieGIR posted:

And that's why I can't watch them.

Don't get me wrong, I get WHY people like FATF. I do. But I can't do that. I'm just that big of a nerd.

It's cool yo, you get preferential treatment for being my secret santa a couple years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

ILLUMINATI BIG GOVERNMENT NEPOTISM NOT IN MY MURICA BAN ADIABATIC

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Somewhat Heroic posted:

If you don't get the following references you should be banned from AI:
  • I like the tuna
  • Overnight parts from Japan
  • I live my life a quarter mile at a time
  • Too soon, Junior
  • NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWS :kingsley:
  • granny shiftin, not double clutching like you should

please add to this list.

gently caress no those movies are pure loving crap. I do my deed to honour him and worship on the altar of the V8, witness me oval office as Im on the Fury Road

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
EDIT: Wrong thread.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

I picked up the Hoonigan FATF sticker pack a few years ago, I really should slap them on something.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

gently caress no those movies are pure loving crap. I do my deed to honour him and worship on the altar of the V8, witness me oval office as Im on the Fury Road

OK grandpa, time for your geritol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

ILLUMINATI BIG GOVERNMENT NEPOTISM NOT IN MY MURICA BAN ADIABATIC

I'm telling The President on you!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

CommieGIR posted:

Guess I'm banned then.
:awesome:

Adiabatic posted:

It's cool yo, you get preferential treatment for being my secret santa a couple years back.
Damnit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you can't enjoy the FNF movies simply because of how silly they are you have no soul.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sorry I can't fulfill your dreams, but don't worry, you always have your raging hate-boner to fall back on.

Powershift posted:

If you can't enjoy the FNF movies simply because of how silly they are you have no soul.

drat it, they've figured me out, I'm an atheist. Don't tell the Inquisition on me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

Sorry, too busy raging to enjoy anything

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Powershift posted:

This is literally the dumbest argument for defending fandom of anything. Feeling like you have to defend your fandom is pretty sad anyway imo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Personally I think the fatf films are dumb as gently caress but im also a massive star wars nerd and idgaf what anyone might have to say about it

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Sorry, too busy raging to enjoy anything

can't hear you, stuck too far up my own rear end

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BraveUlysses posted:

Tell me how you really feel.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fridge corn posted:

This is literally the dumbest argument for defending fandom of anything. Feeling like you have to defend your fandom is pretty sad anyway imo

This is a car forum about cars, and the FNF movies are silly car stuff.

You don't have to be a fan of something to enjoy it for what it is, especially if it relates to your other hobbies.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

fridge corn posted:

Personally I think the fatf films are dumb as gently caress but im also a massive star wars nerd and idgaf what anyone might have to say about it

I saw one FATF film and it was incredibly dumb with a 100 mile runway. I mean they're fun in a stupid b-movie MST3k way.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Guys guys I was just joking about calling everyone jerks :ohdear:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Wrar posted:

I saw one FATF film and it was incredibly dumb with a 100 mile runway. I mean they're fun in a stupid b-movie MST3k way.

https://youtu.be/sR_PeHh9wZQ

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

It's not Nitrous, it's Cuban NOS:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

How's the tunnel vision in there

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wrar posted:

Right. It's fine. There's nothing wrong with fatf films. But accusing people of "hating fun" for not finding enjoyment from them is incredibly gauche

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Oh yeah by the way

:siren: SIGN UP FOR AI SECRET SANTA YOU HORRIBLE JERKS :siren:

:siren: TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE :siren:

:siren: THIS ISN'T UNDERWATER BASKETWEAVING 101 YOU CAN'T PROCRASTINATE PAST THE DEADLINE AND THEN GET MOMMY TO CALL THE TEACHER AND MAKE IT ALL OKAY :siren:

:siren: HERE LOOK I EVEN PUT A loving LINK UP FOR YOU :siren:

:siren: MAKE SURE TO EMAIL automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com NOT JUST POST IN THE THREAD YOU BAD :siren:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Right. It's fine. There's nothing wrong with fatf films. But accusing people of "hating fun" for not finding enjoyment from them is incredibly gauche

As a person that enjoys accusing people of "hating fun" I find your comment incredibly gauche.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Oh yeah by the way

:siren: SIGN UP FOR AI SECRET SANTA YOU HORRIBLE JERKS :siren:

:siren: TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE :siren:

:siren: THIS ISN'T UNDERWATER BASKETWEAVING 101 YOU CAN'T PROCRASTINATE PAST THE DEADLINE AND THEN GET MOMMY TO CALL THE TEACHER AND MAKE IT ALL OKAY :siren:

:siren: HERE LOOK I EVEN PUT A loving LINK UP FOR YOU :siren:

:siren: MAKE SURE TO EMAIL automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com NOT JUST POST IN THE THREAD YOU BAD :siren:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL5cSU0qViE

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

How's the tunnel vision in there

looks bad todd

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I only watch Koyaanisquatsi; once a year and while self-flagellating.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

As a person that enjoys accusing people of "hating fun" I find your comment incredibly gauche.

It's true. I actually do hate fun

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I only watch Koyaanisquatsi; once a year and while self-flagellating.

That's an odd way of saying masturbate.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

There's also this: https://www.rifftrax.com/fast-and-furious

Rifftrax is the original cast of MST3K riffing films as themselves and without the MST3K outtakes or theater silhouettes.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Geoj posted:

There's also this: https://www.rifftrax.com/fast-and-furious

Rifftrax is the original cast of MST3K riffing films as themselves and without the MST3K outtakes or theater silhouettes.
< :colbert: >

Joel. Joel is the original cast. Joel is not in Rifftrax. Rifftrax is funny and stuff but Joel is the original cast.

</ :colbert: >

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

scuz posted:

Joel. Joel is the original cast. Joel is not in Rifftrax. Rifftrax is funny and stuff but Joel is the original cast.

A cool and correct post.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CommieGIR posted:

That's an odd way of saying masturbate.

Well, considering that a fair number of religions refer to it as self-abuse, not really. See also: beating the bishop, flogging the dong, beating the meat.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

scuz posted:

Split hairs much? :rolleyes:

In context, original cast as opposed to the cast of the current Netflix reboot of MST3K. Maybe I should have said "cast of the original series"?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Geoj posted:

In context, original cast as opposed to the cast of the current Netflix reboot of MST3K. Maybe I should have said "cast of the original series"?
I'm not proud of my post, and I don't claim to be anything but a pedantic weird-o. Carry on.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Geoj posted:

Yeah, I backed the reboot, but it just isn't the same. Its hard to replicate perfection and the campy nature of the original.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 13, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Darchangel posted:

Well, considering that a fair number of religions refer to it as self-abuse, not really. See also: beating the bishop, flogging the dong, beating the meat.

My personal favorite - bopping the baloney

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Y'all are salty and argue-y today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

CommieGIR posted:

A cool and correct post.

I liked Mike Nelson and his five-head. What I didn't like were most of the inter-movie skits after Joel left.

• Locked thread