Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

BonoMan posted:

My main complaint is still that nobody is doing anything in this show. There's no goal or objective.

I guess the short term goal is to take down the Saviors but I can't even tell what theirfucking plan is.

But other than that they aren't building towards anything. It's just yet even MORE terribly written "meta" talk about becoming a kind of person that can live in this zombie world. Like, loving hell man, we get it. People battle with reconciling who they were with who they are now but it's been like SEVEN FULL loving SEASONS OF NOTHING BUT THAT.

MOVE ON.

It's telling that people are incredibly confused by this show and yet something that actually has a complicated plot like GoT they are able to follow. How on earth did Rick and Daryl get behind the guns so quick? Are there like, two roads in all of Virginia or wherever they are supposed to be? The timing worked out that perfectly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kelly posted:

It's telling that people are incredibly confused by this show and yet something that actually has a complicated plot like GoT they are able to follow. How on earth did Rick and Daryl get behind the guns so quick? Are there like, two roads in all of Virginia or wherever they are supposed to be? The timing worked out that perfectly?

Also did Rick throw the driver out of the truck or did he jump out? It made sense for him to stab the driver then throw his body out to take control of the truck.

But then the truck wrecks, Rick just pops up out the weeds (loving lol) and then they look down on the crashed truck and say "lets go see if that guys is still alive" or something.

I mean.

OH and loving Daryl wrecks the poo poo out of his bike but then just magically reappears behind the Jeep.

Also that 50 cal did nothing to the Jeep. Didn't disable it (although it clearly hosed up the engine) or hit the windows or anything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The show is running on low settings so vehicle damage isn’t rendered.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Also what happened to Negan, is he still locked in a trailer or whatever?

its looks like next week is the negan episode, hes been brushing up on this sick monologue hes gonna unleash on gabriel the whole time

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Gabriel steals Negan's bat and uses it on himself to stop hearing Negan say making GBS threads pants

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
How does a show this popular have a budget of a college production.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They spent all their money on keeping actors this year and when they opened the purse strings for the show a tiny poot wafted out

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Gabriel steals Negan's bat and uses it on himself to stop hearing Negan say making GBS threads pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSALQn0u9z4

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BonoMan posted:

Also did Rick throw the driver out of the truck or did he jump out? It made sense for him to stab the driver then throw his body out to take control of the truck.

But then the truck wrecks, Rick just pops up out the weeds (loving lol) and then they look down on the crashed truck and say "lets go see if that guys is still alive" or something.

I mean.

OH and loving Daryl wrecks the poo poo out of his bike but then just magically reappears behind the Jeep.

Also that 50 cal did nothing to the Jeep. Didn't disable it (although it clearly hosed up the engine) or hit the windows or anything.

moist turtleneck can you edit your FTWD Chris gif to have Rick and Darryl's faces in it, then it would be indistinguishable from last night's ep

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm mad that Shiva didn't get a more epic death after mauling like 20 saviors... instead it was "well ezekiel and friends could probably get out of this situation themselves but we gotta make it more dramatic, so lets kill the tiger"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think I still have the ftwd material but I still need to record the new Walking Dead

also do they finally explain what they need the 50 cals for?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
A really big window.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

TTerrible posted:

A really big window.

~The Walking Dead: Total War against windows~

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I had to check out the car chase and tiger getting ganked after the high praise the two scenes got over here.

They did not disappoint.

That gif of the saviors slowly setting themselves on the ground as the armored cars swoop in, brasting away the saviors + the laughably bad car chase + the scene where black Dante with dreadlocks has a meltdown and tries to sacrifice himself epicly instead of just taking 2 steps to safety makes me think they don't have the money for stuntmen. As such there is no scenes where you would need one, despite the nature of the show and ample opportunities to do something cool.

That tiger dying was also really lovely (how did the tiger get overpowered and ambushed by zombies?) but the tiger itself looked like it was about as convincing as the GoT direwolves (and just as worthwhile to have slurping up your budget).

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Zombies are not enhanced in this show and are in fact really slow and dopey, so if that scene with Shiva is anything to go by, you only need like a dozen unarmed humans to defeat a tiger.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Kelly posted:

Zombies are not enhanced in this show and are in fact really slow and dopey, so if that scene with Shiva is anything to go by, you only need like a dozen unarmed humans to defeat a tiger.

Well, to be fair, once you turn into a zombie in TWD you unlock the razorblade fingers.

EDIT:

Holy poo poo, I just noticed those zombies on the road in that clip. How did the bad guy not see them? It's a sunny day, there's nothing to block his vision of the road but he just somehow got spooked by the zombies.

Also the one time rick doesn't have his epic revolver, or any other firearm, is when he needs to jump in to the other vehicle to do knife battling. Of course.

Why didn't they just brast the tires?

How did Daryl recover that fast? Does he have one of those turbo levers on his bike like the cars in Mad Max? The jeep certainly had some enhanced armor on it judging how it soaked up all the CGI sparks, aka bullets.

I couldn't tell who the gently caress got thrown out of the car at first and to be honest, I still don't. At first I thought it was Rick who jumped to safety since the car went straight to the ditch after that. Okay, then Daryl motors it to the ditch and lo and behold it's Rick climbing out of there. But then they say "Heh, let's go see if that goofball still lives." while staring at the wrecked car and then they move towards the wrecked car. So... Did someone grab the gunner, pull him into the car's cockpit and then throw him out, while Rick and the driver drove through the fence like idiots (I guess they just couldn't turn the loving wheel or hit the brakes to avoid the crash)?

What the gently caress was that car chase?

What the gently caress is going on with this show?

I've watched two clips and I already feel like I'm going out of my mind.

Help.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLPP!!

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 13, 2017

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also I still can't get over the stupidity of Shiva's death.

The group WAS ALREADY ACROSS THE tiny creek. They were already to safety.

The tiger didn't buy them anything. It's not like the tiger jumped down there and bought them like 5 minutes to remove the King's foot from under a fallen tree or something.

They were literally on the banks. The tiger died and they just walked to safety like they could have done anyways because ZOMBIE'S ARE loving SLOW AND WERE MIRED IN MUD.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

When Carol gunned down the front row of zombies behind Ezekiel and Jerry it was also notably bad, like they all just fell to the ground simultaneously with no visual indication of trauma.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Well that just a slide show of dumb happenings. I'm finding with these episodes there's always something so stupid about halfway through that is just breaks my mind and I can't even take in the stupid things that happen afterwards. It was that gate scene for me in this one, why didn't Axe Samoan just chuck Ezekiel over the fence and then climb over? it was like 7 feet high..

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Tortuga posted:

Well that just a slide show of dumb happenings. I'm finding with these episodes there's always something so stupid about halfway through that is just breaks my mind and I can't even take in the stupid things that happen afterwards. It was that gate scene for me in this one, why didn't Axe Samoan just chuck Ezekiel over the fence and then climb over? it was like 7 feet high..

Also I need to know exactly how they were trapped? That was a loving huge area they were in and it LOOKED (especially given were Carol was) that they weren't trapped IN anything... but rather outside of the compound (Carol, on the other side of the fence, was in the compound). Meaning they could have just, oh I don't know, walked slowly around the lumbering tiny group of walkers.

Why did they act like that was their last stand? Why did they act like they were backed into a literal corner instead of a gigantic gently caress off field?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

BonoMan posted:

Also I still can't get over the stupidity of Shiva's death.

The group WAS ALREADY ACROSS THE tiny creek. They were already to safety.

The tiger didn't buy them anything. It's not like the tiger jumped down there and bought them like 5 minutes to remove the King's foot from under a fallen tree or something.

They were literally on the banks. The tiger died and they just walked to safety like they could have done anyways because ZOMBIE'S ARE loving SLOW AND WERE MIRED IN MUD.

Dear lord my blood temperature goes up by 50 degrees just thinking about how bad that was. Where in the world is the money going? I guess having a cast of 100000 people wasn't a good idea after all.

"Ugh, we aren't going to make it across this 2 meter ditch, just leave me behind. We are in mortal danger and there is ZERO time to lose. Also we are on the other side of the ditch already."

"B-but you are the king dude, brah..."

"I'm not a king! I'm just a fucker!"

*Has a meltdown*

"Tiger swoops in and accomplishes nothing."

*Close up of Gamer Feels face*

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened in that 3 foot dutch where Shiva died

Spose it's hardly surprising that no one in Kingdom town even bothered to run up and ask him what had happened when they got back. Obviously you've got all our soldiers killed haven't you Zek? you massive fuckwit. Just go to your room and think about what you've done.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Whoever said this saviour attack is going to take the entire season is right. It's just going to be 20 bad gunfight episodes.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

Dear lord my blood temperature goes up by 50 degrees just thinking about how bad that was. Where in the world is the money going? I guess having a cast of 100000 people wasn't a good idea after all.

"Ugh, we aren't going to make it across this 2 meter ditch, just leave me behind. We are in mortal danger and there is ZERO time to lose. Also we are on the other side of the ditch already."

"B-but you are the king dude, brah..."

"I'm not a king! I'm just a fucker!"

*Has a meltdown*

"Tiger swoops in and accomplishes nothing."

*Close up of Gamer Feels face*

they literally didn't move while Shiva was doing her thing

you can see them in the background just dumbly looking on, watching as their CGI tiger accomplishes nothing

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The entirety of their budget went to this lovely poster.

And then they were like oops we still have to make a show.

edit: I just love how the marketing materials are leaning so hard into how nitty gritty this "ALL. OUT. WAR." is and the resulting product is just a wet fart that I'm fairly sure the local SCAD freshmen put together.

Like do they think they've created something epic that is deserving of the marketing materials?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I like how Michonne is right in the center of that and yet she hasn't had 30 seconds of film time

But at least we don't have bowl cut trashlady in the show yet

*just jinxed it next episode is trashpeople's backstory*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In the comics, Ezekiel was in a similar situation but all alone. His group was ambushed, he survives but is now being chased by walkers (no leg injury or some stupid savior taking him away). He ends up in a similar ditch but stumbles and is immediately swarmed. Shiva lunges at the walker on him and even after she distracts the majority, Ezekiel still has to fight off a few walkers to get away.

The show really loving struggles / sucks at showing how walkers are just a stumbling never ending threat. And the need to take these character moments, inject new/other characters (Carol and Jerry in this case) in order to have more pointless dialogue just kills the tension the scene should have.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Shiva clearly hated this world and longed for death, and so went about killing herself in the most boring and useless way possible.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

BonoMan posted:

This just looks like pretty good fan art. Why has Morgan got a spear?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Tortuga posted:

Maybe he goes back to that place where he impaled some teenager through the neck with a stick like that back when he was insane for the first time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
it's sharpened into a spear at either the end of last season or beginning of this season

https://i.imgur.com/U1hF1Qu.gifv

Carol's crazy knockout bullets

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

moist turtleneck posted:

it's sharpened into a spear at either the end of last season or beginning of this season

https://i.imgur.com/U1hF1Qu.gifv

Carol's crazy knockout bullets

I love the guy in the very back, way away from everything else, getting hit.

Also how is she hangin' out up there in a drop ceiling that can't support more than 10 lbs of anything?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Tortuga posted:

He actually did sharpen his pacifist monk stick when he decided to go murder mode. It's me, I'm the Walking Dead fan who pays attention and this is not me calling you out, don't cry for me I'm already dead.

[edit]
Holy poo poo, I went to amc's website to rewatch something at the end of the episode to talk about, but I found this:

Bruce Campbell as Negan, and "Where the gently caress is Your Chin" Rick are works of art.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 13, 2017

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

BonoMan posted:

And then they were like oops we still have to make a show.

edit: I just love how the marketing materials are leaning so hard into how nitty gritty this "ALL. OUT. WAR." is and the resulting product is just a wet fart that I'm fairly sure the local SCAD freshmen put together.

Like do they think they've created something epic that is deserving of the marketing materials?

Maggie looks like Michael Pitt.

And why are they all looking far out into the horizon for people to fight when they are right next to their enemies in the poster. It's like a less cool version of the Vikings teaser poster for S5.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So what's the count on the redshirts? Zero idea on how many have died or how are are still left. Honestly I doubt the writers know either. Also the trash people are still yet to do anything.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/CP9lOdj.gifv

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

The incredible growing fence.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The best part is that he wouldn't even have to take a drop, there was a unit half the height on the other side

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also if they were concerned about the barbed wire they could like, cut it, with an axe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Carol stands with her backs to the two dudes that were pinned down, firing wildly in the opposite direction. They don't shoot her.